January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 22 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

How long does it take you from pressing start till you are in the game?

I just did a test, and from pressing play and until I was in the game it took me 1 minute and 20 sec. Then I went into my folders and deleted some old saves and my tray folder, and now it took only 27 seconds. Guess i better remember deleting things i don't need over time :) How long does it take you to load into your sims 4 game?

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    20 seconds or so.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's real fast. I have all the packs too - but it is no time at all.

If I go to a different one of my houses and families than I was playing my last session it takes me longer to find them and their world than it does for me to get into their house - lol.

ETA: Oh I thought you meant from starting Origin - but from play it's instant. I hit play and it immediately is at the sims house I last played. Keep in mind I run a super hi - end 8 core gaming desktop that runs at 4.7 ghz and have the fastest internet Spectrum offers - so my games are almost all seconds after I push the button. I play thru Origin even as it does not bother my pc - I never play offline.

I don't use any CC or mods in Sims 4 either. I have about 12-13 households right now and I think 5 back up saves. I have all the packs and updates they have out in the game.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    about the same time. If I don't have a lot of house holds saved. But once my game starts and I go into load game, the last two days It has taken a long time to load the saved households, and I've only had two or three in there. I think it's another bug or its just slow.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I have all DLC and it takes me around 30 seconds. I only have one save though.
  • SomeBratInAMaskSomeBratInAMask Posts: 50 Member
    Jeez, it takes me far longer. I don't even have that many mods....
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 620 Member
    edited July 2018
    It takes me about 2 minutes or sometimes longer. I have over 1000 pieces of cc though

• barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 478 Member
    For me it's very fast. 30sec? 20sec?
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • crebo19crebo19 Posts: 183 Member
    From pressing play to loading up a household its 3 minutes and 30 seconds ( i just timed it) The load time used to be so under 1 minute but after adding expansion packs and other content the time has gone up.
  • OhMyHemsworthOhMyHemsworth Posts: 8,170 Member
    Not too long, my computer is pretty old so it's not gonna be the fastest but it's waaay faster than the Sims 3.
    8NLEQWU.gif
    And then, Chris smiles and it's all ok.
    -Tom Hiddleston
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 538 Member
    It took me 33seconds to get to the main page. 47seconds to get into my save. 2min19seconds to get into my house.
    That's additive, by the away.
    ______ _______
    Keenow's Family Tree
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 58 Member
    About 3-5 minutes if we're counting loading screens and everything. I imagine that's mostly because I have lots of custom content and mods and stuff. Without them, it takes about 20 seconds.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,382 Member
    Just a minute or two, but while it's loading up I usually go do my evening chores (wash dishes, clean the litter box) so it's really about 10-15 minutes before I'm actually playing.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 18,768 Member
    56 seconds.

33 seconds for Origin to load game.
    05 seconds to map screen.
    18 seconds to load household.
    Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. 😊
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 13,836 Member
    40 seconds with mods/cc.
    Formerly known as Simasaurus09

i7-7700K • 16GB • GTX 1070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 161 Member
    It takes me about 10 to 20 seconds on my gaming laptop loaded with mods and cc.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,514 Member
    1 minute'ish from starting the game to entering house
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,211 Member
    On my desktop it's a lot faster than on my gaming laptop but given that's the one I'm playing on since I'm not at home:
    24 secs to main menu
    11 secs to map
    15 secs to household
    50 secs total

On my desktop I think it's around 35 seconds afair.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,368 Member
    Between 30 secs to 3 mins depending on if I have multiple background programs running or not.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    Sim Showcase

tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,116 Member
    A minute or so? I use mods and CC. The wait isn't that long.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,213 Member
    Bottom line: faster than 2 or 3. I literally did chores while waiting for those games to load. I'm not at home so i can't time. I'll check this weekend when i return home.

• PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    About 5 minutes, I guess. I'll time it later, to be exact! I do notice that starting up the game takes longer and longer.. Guess I have to clean up some stuff, but not sure what I should or shouldn't delete. I do have a very basic laptop, so I'm already very happy that TS4 works at all :smile:
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    It varies- sometime between 30 and 90 secs, sometimes more.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    About 5 minutes, I guess. I'll time it later, to be exact! I do notice that starting up the game takes longer and longer.. Guess I have to clean up some stuff, but not sure what I should or shouldn't delete. I do have a very basic laptop, so I'm already very happy that TS4 works at all :smile:

Do you have a large save you've played for a while? Moving your families to a brand new same reduces loading time greatly.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Does deleting cache files speed up load times? Mine are getting very slow.