Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
edited February 2019 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
This text option looks more like a crossing out so what is it for? If it is to emphasize statements can it be changed to put really under the text. :)
Post edited by Simburian on

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I think it's supposed to be for crossing out something like if you add a bunch of extra stuff to your sentence that doesn't need to be there
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2018
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I think it's supposed to be for crossing out something like if you add a bunch of extra stuff to your sentence that doesn't need to be there

Thanks @Evie0602 I'm still a bit bewildered. Can't you just delete that anyway? I'd like a formal interpretation of what it does though.

Update this is what Wikipedia says!

Strikethrough is a typographical presentation of words with a horizontal line through their center, resulting in: text like this. Contrary to censored or sanitized (redacted) texts, the words remain readable. This presentation signifies one of two meanings. In ink-written, typewritten, or other non-erasable text, the words are a mistake and not meant for inclusion. When used on a computer screen, however, it indicates recently deleted information. It can also be used deliberately to imply a change of thought (as in epanorthosis) (Epanorthosis as immediate and emphatic self-correction often follows a Freudian slip (either accidental or deliberate).

A bit of a waste of time then!

• rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    It’s for supporting the evil cabbage cult humorous inserts.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I never waste my time. Wait... wrong topic. ;):cookie:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Well I've seen others using this strike through as well as I have when we've posted what we though was helpful info and then gone back into our post to post the right info into. Some of us leave it in to show what we had posted before hand so that others can see it as well.

I've also seen others using it intentionally when they're posting either updates to their Sims stories or giving feedback to someone's post. Like say for an example: Jack went up the hill to fetch a pail of water while Jill stalked up behind him followed him up to help him get the pail of water.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Well I've seen others using this strike through as well as I have when we've posted what we though was helpful info and then gone back into our post to post the right info into. Some of us leave it in to show what we had posted before hand so that others can see it as well.

I've also seen others using it intentionally when they're posting either updates to their Sims stories or giving feedback to someone's post. Like say for an example: Jack went up the hill to fetch a pail of water while Jill stalked up behind him followed him up to help him get the pail of water.

I love that. Explains thoroughly!