Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper Expansion Pack/Game Pack

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This expansion pack would allow you to play AS THE GRIM REAPER: reap souls for a career, live in the afterworld (Ghost Town), have the power to kill or revive sims, have children with special powers and develop your reaping skills.

I NEED this expansion pack!! Maxis if you make this I will DIE (no pun intended). But seriously, I think this is something a lot of simmers would enjoy, given the fascination with the Grim Reaper by simmers.

Please comment if you would also like to see this happen. They won’t make something if there’s no support for it.

Info on the pack

Playing as the Grim Reaper
There is always only one Grim Reaper at a time per game. You can play as the Grim Reaper by either:

1) Starting a new game and choosing to play as the Grim Reaper
2) Playing as a normal Sim who becomes the Grim Reaper

Becoming the Grim Reaper
You can play as a normal sim who becomes the Grim Reaper. Once Sims have met the Grim Reaper once (by witnessing a death), they can then call the Grim Reaper and ask him to hang out with them. They can therefore build up a relationship with the Grim Reaper.

If a Sim becomes good friends with the Grim Reaper, they can ask the Grim Reaper to “transfer his powers to them”. If the Grim Reaper agrees, your Sim will then become the Grim Reaper. The original Grim Reaper will become an ordinary Sim.

The Grim Reaper can be male or female

A New World: A Ghost Town
When you become the Grim Reaper, you move into the Grim Reaper’s mansion in a new world: The Afterworld/Ghost Town. The Afterworld is just like any other world: it has houses, a park, a cinema, bars. But, it is inhabited only by the Grim Reaper and dead Sims (including dead pets). The dead Sims appear as ghosts, but live in houses there, have jobs etc.

Ghosts have their permanent home in Ghost Town, but if they have an urn or grave in a living Sim World (e.g. Oasis Springs), they can travel back and forth between worlds. They can also choose to move in with a living sim family in a living world.

Living Sims cannot live in Ghost Town, unless they are the Grim Reaper/the spouse or child of the Grim Reaper. Living Sims may visit ghost town if they are good friends with a ghost and ask that ghost to take them to visit Ghost Town.

The Job

The Grim Reaper’s job is to reap souls, for which they are paid Simoleons. They will receive a message when a Sim is dying which tells them where the Sim is dying and of what. The location of the dying sim will also be marked on map view.

The Grim Reaper must go to where the sim is dying and perform the reaping ceremony. If they fail to do so, their work performance will drop. They can increase their work performance (and therefore earn more simoleons per reaping), by performing successful reapings and increasing their “Reaping Skills” (see below).

Your Sim’s work outfit will be the same as that currently worn by the NPC Grim Reaper.

Given that it cannot be expected that Sims will be dying more frequently than usual, the Grim Reaper will not be constantly performing reapings. However, when a sim does die in game (in any of the worlds), they must perform their job. Nevertheless, they will be paid lots of money per reaping, so they can live off the infrequent work. They can also get a different day job if they want something to do.

Reaping Skills
There will be a new skill: the Reaping Skill. You can increase your Reaping Skill by reading up on Reaping, performing Reapings, talking to ghosts about death.

Powers/Abilities
When your Sim becomes the Grim Reaper, their aging process stops and they become immortal.

They also acquire a new power: the power over life and death. With this power, they can instantly kill Sims that they don’t like (this will be a new death type and produce a new form of ghost). They can also choose to save dying Sims or to revive the ghosts of dead Sims.

Relationships & Children
The Grim Reaper can marry normal Sims. When the Grim Reaper marries a normal Sim, the normal Sim will move in with the Grim Reaper in Ghost Town. The Grim Reaper cannot move in with the normal Sim.

The Grim Reaper can have babies with normal Sims. Their children will be mortal, but will have a special trait “child of death”, which gives them the power over life and death. With this power, they can kill Sims that they don’t like, successfully save Sims from dying, or bring ghosts back to life as normal Sims.

Retiring
To stop being the Grim Reaper, you must find another Sim willing to take your place. Become a good friend with that Sim, and ask them to take on the job instead. If they agree, that Sim will become the Grim Reaper instead, your Sim will stop being the Grim Reaper and will move back into one of the worlds for living Sims.

When your sim stops being the Grim Reaper, they become mortal again and continue to age, they lose the power over life and death. But, they keep the reaping skill at the same level. If they decide to become the Grim Reaper again, they must begin at the first level of the career.

A New Holiday
There will be a new holiday: Death day. On this day, Sims remember their lost loved ones. The ghosts of dead Sims may cross over into the living Sim worlds and tell your Sim a secret or ask them to do something for them so they can be at rest. The Grim Reaper will also be around on Death day, so that you can interact with him.

EDIT As Saska has pointed out, this doesn’t have to be a gamepack/expansion pack on its own. Everything mentioned in this post could come as part of a supernaturals expansion pack, including other things such as witches, werewolves etc. This would probably mean doing away with Ghost Town and having the Grim Reaper be able reside in any of the already existing worlds.
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Whoa. I'd actually buy this, wow!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Whoa. I'd actually buy this, wow!
    Glad it’s not just me! I got so excited when I was thinking of this... Then, I realised it doesn’t exist and probably never will and I was bummed.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Ghost Town and an active reaper career would be pretty cool indeed, but I would love it even more if normal sims could work for the Grim Reaper, as some sort of "angel of death". I imagine there being an office in Ghost Town where most of the work is done, but you're sometimes required to go out to reap a soul (similar to the Detective career, where you occasionally go on patrol or travel to crime scenes). Said office work could include counselling newly arrived ghosts and telling them where to go, delivering their messages to loved ones, handling resurrections and lots of paperwork concerning afterlife management.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I was going to say "what a ridiculous concept"
    And then I read it: What a ridiculously good concept!

Maybe not enough content for a EP, but probably enough for a GP.

Get to Rest in Piece :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    I was going to say "what a ridiculous concept"
    And then I read it: What a ridiculously good concept!

Maybe not enough content for a EP, but probably enough for a GP.

Get to Rest in Piece :p
    Haha thank you! I edited the title so it now says expansion pack/game pack. I wasn’t sure which it would be... To be honest, I wouldn’t really mind! I’d just be stoked if I got to play this. Plus, if it was a game pack it would be cheaper which is a bonus :)
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i actually thought this wouldn't be that good but after reading this i think it is a great way to expand on the grim reaper it could also expand on death like
    -add funerals
    -write a will
    -sims can get an inheritance
    i actually thought this wouldn't be that good but after reading this i think it is a great way to expand on the grim reaper it could also expand on death like
    -add funerals
    -write a will
    -sims can get an inheritance

Ohh I really like the idea of funerals, especially! It would be funny for a ghost sim to turn up at their own funeral and freak other sims out. And, their friends and family would write a eulogy,
  • Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    Oh this is genuinely brilliant!

It makes me think a bit about the Piers Anthony Incarnations of Immortality series. We could have Fate - 3 sims in one, Satan, Nature etc.
    Flcty1969 wrote: »
    Oh this is genuinely brilliant!

It makes me think a bit about the Piers Anthony Incarnations of Immortality series. We could have Fate - 3 sims in one, Satan, Nature etc.

I’m glad you like it! Thank you :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Reminds me of Terry Pratchett's DEATH. Talked in CAPITALS. He was fond of cats and had an apprentice called Mort (who was a bit of a disappointment in the job), He did take a holiday and nobody could die!
    Simburian wrote: »
    Reminds me of Terry Pratchett's DEATH. Talked in CAPITALS. He was fond of cats and had an apprentice called Mort (who was a bit of a disappointment in the job), He did take a holiday and nobody could die!
    Terry Pratchett did a few of the Mort/Death books. I read them all - they were great! I wonder if that’s where the idea came from haha.
    I remember when I first found out you could marry the Grim Reaper in Sims 3 I was so excited because I thought you’d be able to follow him doing his job reaping souls and such. I was disappointed when I discovered that the game just spawned a new NPC Grim Reaper to take his place.
    Terry Pratchett did a few of the Mort/Death books. I read them all - they were great! I wonder if that’s where the idea came from haha.
    I remember when I first found out you could marry the Grim Reaper in Sims 3 I was so excited because I thought you’d be able to follow him doing his job reaping souls and such. I was disappointed when I discovered that the game just spawned a new NPC Grim Reaper to take his place.

Remember Scrofula, the skeletal Death of Rats (who could make the Small Pets dlc even more useful! @SimGuruGraham >:)

PS: I am looking forward to this though.....Rhianna, his daughter is currently working with Narrativia on the spin-off TV series - Terry Pratchett’s The Watch. I remember laughing out loud reading this on the tube (subway) in London and everyone looking at me as if I was mad!
    edited July 2018

Remember Scrofula, the skeletal Death of Rats (who could make the Small Pets dlc even more useful! @SimGuruGraham >:)

PS: I am looking forward to this though.....Rhianna, his daughter is currently working with Narrativia on the spin-off TV series - Terry Pratchett’s The Watch. I remember laughing out loud reading this on the tube (subway) in London and everyone looking at me as if I was mad!
    The Grim Squeaker was hilarious. Bit off topic, but Terry Pratchett was a genius - I think the Wee Free Men were his finest creation. I didn’t know they were making a TV series - that’s exciting. I’ll definitely be watching that!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I don't think this concept is really going to work for any kind of pack. I just don't see that many people wanting to buy a pack where all you do is play as the Grim Reaper and do nothing but collect souls 24/7. The only times I ever see him in my lots is when some townie dies,and all Grim does is take the soul and leave.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    edited July 2018
    I don't think this concept is really going to work for any kind of pack. I just don't see that many people wanting to buy a pack where all you do is play as the Grim Reaper and do nothing but collect souls 24/7. The only times I ever see him in my lots is when some townie dies,and all Grim does is take the soul and leave.

Being the Grim Reaper would be more like an occasional part time job - so, he/she would not “do nothing but collect souls 24/7”. Just like vampires do not “do nothing but drink blood 24/7”. I guess it would be kinda like having a superhero alter ego.

In the Sims games, sims do not die all that often. Given that it cannot be expected that Sims will be dying more frequently than usual, the Grim Reaper will not be constantly performing reapings. However, when a sim does die in game (in any of the worlds), they must perform their job. Nevertheless, they will be paid lots of money per reaping, so they can live off the infrequent work. They can also get a different day job if they want something to do.

It’s true that currently we only see Grim when he comes to take a soul. But, haven’t you wondered what he does for the rest of the time? In this pack, a sim could be the Grim Reaper, but also spend their free time doing normal Sim stuff, working a normal day job etc if they so choose. Again, similar to vampires.

There’s also a new world to play with and no doubt other things could be added. This was just the bare bones of an idea.
    Maybe there could be another way to become the Grim Reaper. Live in Grim’s house as his apprentice, developing your reaping Skills and learning how to do the job. When you’ve progressed far enough as his apprentice, you’re ready to take over from him and become the Grim Reaper yourself.
  • MinorKeyesMinorKeyes Posts: 16 Member
    I would absolutely go for this. It's sounds amazing!
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > Maybe there could be another way to become the Grim Reaper. Live in Grim’s house as his apprentice, developing your reaping Skills and learning how to do the job. When you’ve progressed far enough as his apprentice, you’re ready to take over from him and become the Grim Reaper yourself.

And bring back cemeteries and part of the job is tending them. Gardening and such.
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > Maybe there could be another way to become the Grim Reaper. Live in Grim’s house as his apprentice, developing your reaping Skills and learning how to do the job. When you’ve progressed far enough as his apprentice, you’re ready to take over from him and become the Grim Reaper yourself.

And bring back cemeteries and part of the job is tending them. Gardening and such.
    Actually, now I come to remember it The Grim Reaper as DEATH in Terry Pratchett's books did have a whole computer game made about him. He had gone missing and had to be found, so the concept has been done already. I still have it stored somewhere but it is unplayable on my laptop now.
    MinorKeyes wrote: »
    > @MaggieMarley said:

I miss cemeteries! I really would like them brought back. I used to enjoy exploring the crypts in sims 3.
    Actually, now I come to remember it The Grim Reaper as DEATH in Terry Pratchett's books did have a whole computer game made about him. He had gone missing and had to be found, so the concept has been done already. I still have it stored somewhere but it is unplayable on my laptop now.
    I never knew that! How cool.
    edited July 2018

Long time ago. So old (1996) that it couldn't even be played on Windows XP but I have just found out that I could play it again with a DOS box emulator so thanks to the OP for reminding me! I have the first game too.

EA should read this page. The game has a lovely imaginative storyline so they could get some good ideas and also avoid plagiarising them! Pre Harry Potter but funny!
    http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Game:Discworld_II:_Missing_Presumed...!?

Long time ago. So old (1996) that it couldn't even be played on Windows XP but I have just found out that I could play it again with a DOS box emulator so thanks to the OP for reminding me! I have the first game too.

EA should read this page. The game has a lovely imaginative storyline so they could get some good ideas and also avoid plagiarising them! Pre Harry Potter but funny!
    http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Game:Discworld_II:_Missing_Presumed...!?

Ah before I was born then - probably why I haven’t heard of it. And no worries, glad to have reminded you!