Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caught on Candid Camera! An in-game competition

Comments

• Options
    gardenGothicgardenGothic Posts: 100 Member
    Everyone's models are looking great and I love the mock assignments so far!! Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries :relaxed:
    Call me Booky!! (they/them)
    Simming Blog: Booky Loves Shiny Things!
    sZNqePM9W6d2Lrm5UpJhHbd9MGqZ5hV2_cX6GZcOXWSbJHRg4SdIhOUXKQtL7PZ6Ux3SEpde2Hd3nhoG7WMRhsE2ti9MIo_qvA3-U8EEgZ5xuacGIjvitbk-ZP5AbDcaMWSoJkL6Eo6xWUfis5ccJS0pYposlsk_vCsFGB-IkMp5jg-Pezqen7W-3DYFGNp1t_9XUjd4_ccSlcDwCGUfiQzNwBaSJm0yPLbiq3pRD6craNK8RUr8EGqaH7bxOGDTCzYZrTJ_SDkk9sgQXK-gFIz8qrIrZhZskNOYSOZBsMkYbiW0CjOevWYW9o1sTsomFi3p11msV69ZRU1sAX1VeG6wJ_6LjOSTZwGmQjMEyIn_LPYTq6GX1nu87u3N_f4cd13H6qq5QAJh3bu16HizzG3V6gtmW32T4h0oBgY3KEWxUe309HdhSgFaF5v_xoQmGgB4llydstDuPpQI456b3vaJDQP1K-h_hscQBwqRaJgLOLmiWaKKLh-_gz5XwTXaGKiDDwq3mpPv4qLQYg6mC6vLtpbmmpPby_uF_aKVy_B1xNbxODNJaov-uIH50hKqI4FaXffJBO2VoDIvockXJ7HsqkZUokCJVFSm6-YgFiPTlNMER1uzh6TbQhufl_rT-16XpKFiF_E4VYx3tmnpWaB9=w628-h224-no
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    The AC in Sims 4 gives you nutso bills? They need my electric company. They average my bills and I pay a set amount every month heyoooooo.

My current Sims 4 family has been in the dark for a while. The main breadwinner doctor dad died from the dishwasher and there is the other dad and 7 kids. Good thing they can't be homeless. They just go to the park next door and steal hot dogs lol
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    tumblr_pc08t92fPH1v2n804o1_1280.png

Mary, Mary, You're so scary, how does your garden grow?
    With Belladonna, Nightshade, and Mandrake root, all in a row!

I was having trouble with light being too bright, or not bright enough. Even rotated the lot to get better lighting. I think the actual problem is that Belladonna is too pale, bright light washes her out, but if the light isn't bright enough, the whole world looks too gloomy. #gothproblems
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2018
    You can use a warming or cooling filter on her, @Movotti and that changes the tone of her skin, it's really effective, depending on what editing program you use.

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    I took a few different pics, but still need to decide on which one I’ll use/edit lighting and such! XD
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ This is trickier than it sounds, I have taking a heap of in-game pictures & have come to the conclusion that I may have to edit 4 or five pictures into one to get all that is asked for!
    ~ A whinge & a rant under the spoiler, did not think everyone would want to read it,but it did make me feel a tad better, so sorry o:)
    ~ First I had the wrong season,so switched my Sim to anouther Save (even though I have heaps of Sims with established gardens that would do just as well, I try very hard to complicate things for myself,it is just about an art form!LOL) Then MCCC had filled all the empty houses again,I had only evicted a whole heap of NPC's the day before!(This is really irking me,as I need empty houses it is why I have so many saves, as no houses for all the Sims I make! And yes "Fill Empty Houses" is switched off in Game Options, now MCCC fills the empty houses & have not found were or how yet to turn it off!) So had to build a house,as I was not in the mood to evict a fresh batch of EA NPC's!
    ~ Then No clouds as I forgot Oasis Springs Summers are always "Heat Waves" one day they had clouds so took some pictures of the sky & skyline! (Had no Cat at the Time! Sent her to Brindleton Bay to adopt a stray as there were no Generated homeless pets yet,would have been easier to make one in CAS,but was avoiding that,thought it easier to edit an already existing cat (So a Ginger cat becomes many shades of grey)
    ~ Been having fun with the other parts of the brief, may even quit before I have started, my son came down two days in a row & asked wasn't I doing that picture yesterday & why were they all the exact same picture!LOL he must think me nuts!
    ~ I may just cut the Sim out of one picture & the same with the Cat! As no poses were used & I was trying to get the "right look" as in the Cat hungry or asking to be feed (got that a couple of times but the Sims picture was all wrong,facing the wrong way,light was all wrong & so forth!) So may have to put them all together in one picture, may do my hands in! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @Jendowoz0612
    That was with a warming filter :p
    The plants look ok, she's just as cold as ice.
    If anything, it looks like she's out early, to beat the heat.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited July 2018
    Wow This Is HARD...... Been Playing My Sim On And Off For 3 Days.... Either It's Sunny Sunny Sunny Everyday You Might Get A Cloudy Day Here Or There Getting The Cat To Cooperate Is Hard But Having Fun....... Think I Might Start Over My Summer...... Dunno Going Into Fall Now......
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Wow This Is HARD...... Been Playing My Sim On And Off For 3 Days.... Either It's Sunny Sunny Sunny Everyday You Might Get A Cloudy Day Here Or There Getting The Cat To Cooperate Is Hard But Having Fun....... Think I Might Start Over My Summer...... Dunno Going Into Fall Now......

Season Cheats
    testingcheats true
    seasons.set_season 0-3 (0 – Summer, 1 – Fall, 2 – Winter, 3 – Spring)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Thank you, @MyFavoritedesign for that tip on the cheats for seasons. It will help a lot.

Don't forget @TEXASTWANGTONYA and @aussiekarima that you can adjust the lighting and such in PS or whatever editing program you have to fix any issues like that. This comp is more about the candid shots and how you can take a shot while your Sims are in the midst of an activity.

Take the shot and adjust it in your editing program. The cheats @MyFavoritedesign gave you in the comment above will help too.

• Options
    ~ Thank you, @MyFavoritedesign for that tip on the cheats for seasons, I was running out of summer,used 4 days up & have two days left out of 14 as I have it set for two weeks,if timing was more to RL (or realistic) for the Sims then I would have 4 weeks!LOL! But that is wishful thinking! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    peppergirl84peppergirl84 Posts: 255 Member
    Hello All, First off I wanted to say great job on these photos, they really are looking lovely so far. I'm not sure how many of you guys use CC but I found this one by Lumia that makes the bluish hue that comes along with the base game disappear. Some of yall may already use this, some may not but it really makes a difference if you guys want a more realistic lighting setting. That being said it will make it a bit more challenging as to what time of day you will need to take your photo as the blue highlight disappears and you have to really look into the time of day.

Heres the link https://luumiasims.com/post/142481228754/there-has-always-been-something-off-about-lighting. Hope this helps yall! =)
    Headshots by T.
    1oGnYH4.png
  • Options
    peppergirl84peppergirl84 Posts: 255 Member
    She also has another called no glo which is for sims specifically! It's on her page. Keep up the good werk.
    Headshots by T.
    1oGnYH4.png
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Mock Assignment:
    Featuring Maya and her kitty Smokey *made/edited him in CAS XD*.

Ia92CIE.png

I'm not completely satisfied with this pic/angles and such seem a bit weird! I did scale/crop slightly, and tried some lighting editing, but idk!
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    ~ This is trickier than it sounds, I have taking a heap of in-game pictures & have come to the conclusion that I may have to edit 4 or five pictures into one to get all that is asked for!
    ~ A whinge & a rant under the spoiler, did not think everyone would want to read it,but it did make me feel a tad better, so sorry o:)
    ~ First I had the wrong season,so switched my Sim to anouther Save (even though I have heaps of Sims with established gardens that would do just as well, I try very hard to complicate things for myself,it is just about an art form!LOL) Then MCCC had filled all the empty houses again,I had only evicted a whole heap of NPC's the day before!(This is really irking me,as I need empty houses it is why I have so many saves, as no houses for all the Sims I make! And yes "Fill Empty Houses" is switched off in Game Options, now MCCC fills the empty houses & have not found were or how yet to turn it off!) So had to build a house,as I was not in the mood to evict a fresh batch of EA NPC's!
    ~ Then No clouds as I forgot Oasis Springs Summers are always "Heat Waves" one day they had clouds so took some pictures of the sky & skyline! (Had no Cat at the Time! Sent her to Brindleton Bay to adopt a stray as there were no Generated homeless pets yet,would have been easier to make one in CAS,but was avoiding that,thought it easier to edit an already existing cat (So a Ginger cat becomes many shades of grey)
    ~ Been having fun with the other parts of the brief, may even quit before I have started, my son came down two days in a row & asked wasn't I doing that picture yesterday & why were they all the exact same picture!LOL he must think me nuts!
    ~ I may just cut the Sim out of one picture & the same with the Cat! As no poses were used & I was trying to get the "right look" as in the Cat hungry or asking to be feed (got that a couple of times but the Sims picture was all wrong,facing the wrong way,light was all wrong & so forth!) So may have to put them all together in one picture, may do my hands in! ;)

AHHH YES all the "FUN" of shooting in game .. it can be a nightmare! Simmies are notoriously uncooperative at times (even with autonomy off)

NOW add in uncooperative pets and the iffy lighting of seasons .. I JUST love the idea of this comp! Too much fun!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Here is a little time of day "help"

Use this cheat: clock.advance_game_time <hours> <minutes> <seconds>

For example let’s say it’s 8:10 AM in my game, an I want it to be 9:00 PM, here’s what I’d do:
    Ctrl + Shift + C
    Type in “Testingcheats on” then Enter
    Ctrl + Shift + C again
    Type in “clock.advance_game_time 12 50 0″ then Enter

The 12, 50, and 0, indicate “12 hours, 50 minutes, 0 seconds”. The time will advance by that much.

*However the person who wrote in the forum explained that advancing by 24 hours could cause issues, I usually don’t ever do more than 8 hours at a time*
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    My luck it'd be like I advance 24 hours and suddenly have 9 babies. lol I've never tried to advance time but that's a helpful cheat!
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    Looking Awesome My Friend @NShippudenFan <3<3@MyFavoritedesign Wonderful Thanks For Sharing That Cheat YIPPEE
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mock Assignment
    KayLynn With Her Cat "Smokey" Looking For Food As KayLynn Tends Her Garden
    KKQfJ7K.png
  • Options
    Haha @TEXASTWANGTONYA I love how Smokey's just like "Oh, sprinklers, I'm good, I just want the foods."
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    ~ Mock Assignment ~
    Rf9ZUFH.png
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    Wow, @aussiekarima looks great!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Update:Nice entries so far ladies and gents. There are two more days to put in both your application and/or your entry @MizoreYukii and can't wait to see what you come up with. The early bonus points timeline finishes at midnight tonight but you still have two more days to put in either your application and/or entry or just your entry in.

@aussiekarima @MyFavoritedesign @Movotti @MizoreYukii @ColorMePink @kittymeow @NShippudenFan @TEXASTWANGTONYA
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Mines should be in tonight. Just need to see if I can get a better pic. :)
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited July 2018
    Eh...they say never work with kids or animals. Goes for sims too. My cat kept wandering off, so I'll stick with this pic. :D

Assignment - Mock
    iC5jtyH.png]
    Full Size