Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to view weather forecasts in other worlds without visiting them?

So far, I can't seem to find any possibility of this... which is honestly really disappointing. The only forecast I can access (without traveling) is the weather within my own world. This makes it extremely hard to plan events or simply travel to a lot in a different world without knowing the weather forecast. And honestly, I shouldn't have to visit the world just to see the forecast, and then leave.

For example, I live in Willow Creek, but I have a park in 'Newcrest' that I really wanna visit, but whenever I go, it's always either rain or thunderstorm. Naturally, I'm not going to stay there... I want it to be realistic and have my Sims enjoy the park when it's sunny. However, not being able to know the forecast before traveling there is ridiculous.

Has anyone discovered a way to view weather forecasts in other worlds yet? Or is there literally no way of doing this?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I wish this was a possibility! My sims travel quite a bit around and I've been having difficulties deciding where to go on Love Day dates, where to throw birthday parties etc. It's very inconvenient to not know what the weather is like in the vacation worlds before you go on vacation. And what about the day when I want to have an outdoor wedding somewhere? It would be so perfect if we had a option on the computer or something to see forecasts for different worlds.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hopefully they update this or someone creates a mod for it. Everytime I try to plan a outdoor wedding it rains. I’m fine with it raining but I’d like to know where and when it rains so I can plan around it.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I wish this was a possibility! My sims travel quite a bit around and I've been having difficulties deciding where to go on Love Day dates, where to throw birthday parties etc. It's very inconvenient to not know what the weather is like in the vacation worlds before you go on vacation. And what about the day when I want to have an outdoor wedding somewhere? It would be so perfect if we had a option on the computer or something to see forecasts for different worlds.

Exactly! I mean, I have no idea what the developers were thinking... how do they think we play the game? Do they really think we just play one exclusive world at a time!? If there were enough lots per world, then I probably would... but there's only like 20 lots in each world. Definitely not enough to pack everything in.

I hope they find a way to fix this in a patch... because it's really annoying that we can't actually visit certain lots in a different world without the chance of the weather being horrible. Indoor venues are one thing... but outdoor venues (such as a park or an outdoor wedding place) are near impossible to plan events at.

The least they should do is allow us to see the forecasts of other worlds when we go to plan an event there.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Hopefully they update this or someone creates a mod for it. Everytime I try to plan a outdoor wedding it rains. I’m fine with it raining but I’d like to know where and when it rains so I can plan around it.

That's exactly how I feel... rain is wonderful! However, there are obviously certain times I wanna visit parks and other outdoor venues without experiencing rain/thunderstorms. It seems like we can only really visit indoor venues in other worlds... at least until they manage to fix it.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I wish this were possible too.. I travelled to another town and immediately got struck by lightning. There was a heatwave at the house!!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If say they should add a little weather bar below the world on the world screen. Or have it pop up when you hover over the world.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yep, that would be nice ! I always check the calendar to see the weather forecast for the week but then I forgot. They could add a "check the weather forecast for...." then select the world interaction with phone and computers for instance.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have to say this is a major oversight for me.

I can accept that the worlds are different and have different weathers and are affected differently. But what I cannot wrap my head around is the fact there is no way to tell in advance what the weather will be like in other worlds. There is no way anyone can play this game and stick to one world, each individual world is pretty small. Travelling between the worlds is expected and neccessary.

It’s not realistic to not know. Realistically if you were planning an event like a wedding or a day out in another town you would check the weather before you go. For example my sister stays seventy miles from me in real life, our weather is not the same and I’ll never forget the day I visited her having left my warm, sunny neighbourhood to arrive at hers where it was a bitter wind that sent a chill through you. Now funnily enough I always check the weather before I go there.

There should be an option to do that on the pc or their phones. Or the weather channel could actually be a functioning weather channel and tell you the weather as opposed to just showing some topless male sim and then a freezing climate on a loop.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Or the weather channel could actually be a functioning weather channel and tell you the weather as opposed to just showing some topless male sim and then a freezing climate on a loop.
    Omg yes ! Some would think putting a weather channel in the game meant it would ... give the weather forecast.

How foolish of us ......
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I agree, it's really hard to make a sim be a fisherman if you travel to the different worlds for the fish variety.
  • Options
    zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    Would be nice. Planned a trip to Granite Falls for the weekend to escape a gloomy Brindleton Bay only to go right into a huge storm. Cut the trip short.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Honestly I feel like there's just too much rain in general. Seems like every single time I leave to another world it's ALWAYS raining. Spring, summer and fall. I've gotten sick of it already.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    This should definitely be possible. Day one of playing Seasons I plopped a roller rink park in Newcrest and had my sims travel there only to have to to leave immediately due to a thunderstorm.
  • Options
    chikpeaschikpeas Posts: 9 New Member
    Not knowing the weather is so frustrating. My sim got a puppy, so she worked from home to take care of it for a few days, and I had to go to the San Myshuno for one of the working-at-home tasks (she lives in Oasis Springs). It was pouring when she got there and she had to stand there and give a speech to no one while she was soaked and cold.