Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caleb Vatore offered to turn my sim... what now?

Caleb Vatore has offered to turn Minerva, my gen one Not So Berry sim.

I'm very squarely on the fence about this, please help me decide.
On the one hand, I love that he did it autonomously and I've played vampires only a teeny bit since recently getting the pack, so this might be interesting.
On the other hand, it is the Not So Berry Challenge, and vampirism sort of bends the requirements. It would also change the storyline of the challenge, I think.

Please help me decide! If you could also add you reasoning, that would be wonderful.

<3
giphy.gif

Caleb Vatore offered to turn my sim... what now? 36 votes

Yes, it's so cool that he offered autonomously!!
75%
Derellamusiclover13191MjstsmPTheLibrarySimBloosmooDJQ1308lxsrenickladybreidrevgrviliekponiezDaB1gVkittymeowTrashmagicTheWomanMonstercheifeagleeyeInternal_Chaossillyangel0906RedDestiny92VentusMattsimtorious 27 votes
No, even though he offered autonomously, bad idea!
25%
tams2578LaBlue0314SeraphicPinkDeKayEnkiSchmidtthatsnotswegLiaRose1435paradiseplanetsingingwriting 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Technically according to the rules it wouldn't work. The yellow generation child isn't supposed to have friends until the mint grandparent dies. However maybe you could let her die, revive her and bring her back as a vampire?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No, even though he offered autonomously, bad idea!
    At the moment I'd say it's a bad idea to have any sim turned into a vampire (regardless of what is going on). The only reason I say this is because since the last patch the vampires haven't been acting right. They just stand or sit around doing nothing, and act like their totally drained of their vampire energy.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Eh, go on over and hang out with the guy. In my experience, if you chat with him for more than a minute, or something shiny catches his eye, he'll wander off and forget he offered to change her.
    If he doesn't, then you can see what it's like to play as a Vampire for a bit. Don't like it? Max your Vamp skills, and concoct The Ultimate Vampire Cure. Lilith Vatore did it in my game, and she's perfectly happy.
    Though @LaBlue0314 has a point. Vampires in my game also have a bad habit of just standing around (even in the sunlight).
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    How long were you around him before he offered? It happened to me once many moons ago and I recently tried it with Vlad but he never did and I thought they might have removed it.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'd say that depends on their relationship. If there is some romantic relations building - then sure go for it - but otherwise I wouldn't He's too much of a neighborhood favorite I think to get just an acquaintance a link to him.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Depends on the relationship. If they're just friends, accepting would be iffy. However, if they're romantically involved, go for it. Caleb is a great boyfriend/husband and father so you're not losing out. Rules were made to be broken >:)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    You could compromise by moving him in and curing him.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg