Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystic Lifestyle: Simplants and Werepeople, an Expansive Expansion Pack.

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Supernatural: Shapeshifters Game Pack/Expansion Pack
Werewolves are an outdated thing. How can SimGurus make them better in Sims 4?
---
Enter the mysterious town of Dòngwù Valley where strange things happen by the light of the moon. Create your own animal-like creatures that seem to have come out of a fairy tale or a horror story. Fight at the monster pit to become the Master of the Beasts, or become one with nature.

Create a Sims

Choose from 5 classes of were people:
  • The scary Arthropods
  • The disgusting Amphibians
  • The treacherous Reptilians
  • The majestic Birds
  • The mortal Mammals

Each of those classes will unlock roars, wheezes, howls and more depending on what you choose. You will then unlock different costumes, makeup, ears, teeth and claws, plus feathers, hair, scales and more ornaments for the skin, related to your favorite class.

The scary Arthropods

By becoming an arthropod you will be able to add extra spider arms, scorpion tails, exoesqueleton skin, insect antennae, mosquito eyes, and more things to select and customize your WereArthropod. You sim voice will have a buzz sound to it when transformed.
htrh_why_not_lobster_hands.jpg
931dfde7c1205a75780110aa38309707.jpg
Mantis-CGI-Antennae-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-2.jpg

The disgusting Amphibians

By becoming an amphibian you will be able to add frog like eyes, axolotl ears, muddy skin, toad hands and more things to select and customize your WereAmphibian. You sim will croak when transformed.
a3c7f487d7f6535540133e8b4b31c98b.png
toad-man-603x675.jpg
af84a597db7fe0931aca4a4fc88ad75c.jpg

The treacherous Reptilians

By becoming an reptilian you will be able to choose to have no ears, scaly skins, snake fangs, crocodile eyes, turtle shell, lizard paws and more things to select and customize your WereReptil. You sim voice will hiss and put emphasis on "s" when transformed.
MTS_Camkitty-1377221-DrakeFrontSide.jpg
MTS_Camkitty-1377218-AmethystFrontSide.jpg
MTS_Camkitty-1630846-LizardTailIcon.jpg
74d15e8cbb6a0dac9640fc032c68e594.jpg

The majestic Birds

By becoming an bird you will be able to choose to have no ears, feathered skins, different beak types, wing arms and more things to select and customize your WereBird. You sim voice will sound like he is singing and he will beautifuly whistle sometimes when transformed.
MTS_billielith-1407098-Sims2EP72014-01-1205-06-54-34.jpg
MTS_billielith-1407097-Sims2EP72014-01-1204-56-05-84.jpg
latest?cb=20170322235743
320?cb=20130317013445
A8u8FueCcAAfXMx.jpg
The mortal Mammals
By becoming an mammal (? lol) you will be able to choose rat teeth, goat eye, kitsune tail, rabbit ears, horse legs, deer horn, bull nose ring and more things to select and customize your WereMammal. Obviously, you will be able to make your classic werewolf, or maybe werecats too... You sim voice will be something like a growl, howl, roar or squeal when transformed.
w-600h-450-2502002.jpg
tumblr_pb3w5hGcOW1rs9l6ao1_540.png
maxresdefault.jpg
MTS_Camkitty-1622935-HalvargBodyAngles.jpg
tumblr_inline_npjtdnqwlD1rwr3wu_500.png
tumblr_pb3w5hGcOW1rs9l6ao2_540.png

New world:

Welcome to Dòngwù Valley, the hidden village of the magical shapeshifters. Here, if you want to become the leader you have to be the best of the beasts. Learn both Martial Arts and the animal inspired Kung Fu, and enjoy all that China has to offer.

New objects:

Prepare to fight at the monster pit. Master the "Kung Fu" ability, participate in the tournament and climb the ranks if you want to achieve your "Master of All Beasts" aspiration.

New skills:

Inspired by animals, "Kung fu" is now in The Sims 4, alongside "martial arts".
"Self control" Skill: your sim have been turned into a mosnter, and doesnt know how to control it. Master the Self Control skill to be able to turn into the beast within your sim whenever you like.
New aspirations:

"Master of All Beasts" aspiration
You have to master the Kung Fu skill, the Martial Arts skill and win against 15 shapeshifters at the Monster Pit object.

"Physical Perfection" aspiration:
Max both Athletics and Martial Arts skill levels.

"Martial Arts Master" aspiration
Max the Martial Arts skill and become a Grand Master.
---

I did not included the fishes here, because we are going to get mermaids soon or later. Maybe they could tie in them in to this when released.
Please, if you have any ideas that would add up to this idea, share with us!
Post edited by Karon on

Comments

• Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Not to burst your bubble, but this would be too big for a game pack unfortunately...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    Not to burst your bubble, but this would be too big for a game pack unfortunately...

haha maybe. Depends on how its made, but i would enjoy if it was an EP too, they could add more things too... Maybe including the mermaids as the Fish Class i excluded.
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »

haha maybe. Depends on how its made, but i would enjoy if it was an EP too, they could add more things too... Maybe including the mermaids as the Fish Class i excluded.

Then the problem would be the theme, EP's are usually broad themes and with your idea it would be too detailed to become an EP. I feel that shapeshifters are too advanced for TS4 currently, but the devs are welcome to surprise me
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Then the problem would be the theme, EP's are usually broad themes and with your idea it would be too detailed to become an EP. I feel that shapeshifters are too advanced for TS4 currently, but the devs are welcome to surprise me

I dont think its too hard. Most of what i said there is CAS content, and you can find many CC like that on the internet. They would just have to work in the animal-like voices, but they have done that before with the werewolfs.
    Edit: I mean... i know that making a game is hard, but i dont think that shapeshifters are impossible to be made in Sims 4.
  • Options

I dont think its too hard. Most of what i said there is CAS content, and you can find many CC like that on the internet. They would just have to work in the animal-like voices, but they have done that before with the werewolfs.
    Edit: I mean... i know that making a game is hard, but i dont think that shapeshifters are impossible to be made in Sims 4.

Totally not saying it's impossible! But what about powers? Depth? History? Other content besides animal form and Kung fu?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Totally not saying it's impossible! But what about powers? Depth? History? Other content besides animal form and Kung fu?

I was going to post a message that everyone could give ideas, but... Oh, sorry. I forgot! haha I couldnt think more than the Kung Fu + Animal Form, but two heads thinks better than one, right?!
    I was thinking about that Self Control skill, maybe it could be one of the powers you could achieve. To be able to control when your going to turn into a beast, instead of waiting fot the full moon to appear. They could unlock other things too, like befriending cats or dogs faster, being able to learn the athletic skill faster and more things like that.
    Maybe the shapeshifters from the brids class could unlock the ability to learn the singing skill faster too.
    idk
  • Options

I was going to post a message that everyone could give ideas, but... Oh, sorry. I forgot! haha I couldnt think more than the Kung Fu + Animal Form, but two heads thinks better than one, right?!
    I was thinking about that Self Control skill, maybe it could be one of the powers you could achieve. To be able to control when your going to turn into a beast, instead of waiting fot the full moon to appear. They could unlock other things too, like befriending cats or dogs faster, being able to learn the athletic skill faster and more things like that.
    Maybe the shapeshifters from the brids class could unlock the ability to learn the singing skill faster too.
    idk

Or maybe a power system like with vampires? With powers and weaknesses.
    Since EPs usually bring jobs what would you add?
  • Options

idk

Or maybe a power system like with vampires? With powers and weaknesses.
    Since EPs usually bring jobs what would you add?

Alchemy sounds fitting for that. And Ghost Hunting too...
    Since its a Chinese inspired pack, maybe they could introduce silk fabrication in the game. You then could produce tapestry to sell. It could work like the Painting skill, where you could become really good at making expensive tapestry.
    I would like Sculpiting too, but i dont know if that makes sense. haha
  • Options
    Alchemy would be more for witches, but tapestry and sculpting could fit!
  • Options
    Look at those Sims 3 CC sims i found:
    MTS_Camkitty-1574123-Elephants(edit).jpg
    MTS_Camkitty-1574119-AmaraBodyAngles.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I want to update my idea to include simplants, maybe they can be divided into 2 categories: Wereplants and Werefungi. Here are some examples of them:

gw2_sylvari.png
    winter-skin.jpg
    a763c1767abd78b48c1c93e73b69d6da.jpg
    guild+wars+2+sylvari.jpg

PS.: Could someone please move my discussion to the Ideas Corner?
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    What an awesome idea!! Shapeshifters alongside King Fu would be awesome, especially if each type of shapeshifter could have special moves to use while sparring (like reptilians tripping the other sims with their tail or the insectians throwing a silk web onto the other sim’s face!)

It does seem big for a game pack, but I could see elements of this being added to other packs OR an expansion pack with multiple ancient cities in China, Rome, and the Middle East where sim’s can be shapeshifting animals or pure elements and wield corresponding powers like Ancient Greek gods!! Very unlikely but hey, we can dream right!
  • Options
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    What an awesome idea!! Shapeshifters alongside King Fu would be awesome, especially if each type of shapeshifter could have special moves to use while sparring (like reptilians tripping the other sims with their tail or the insectians throwing a silk web onto the other sim’s face!)

It does seem big for a game pack, but I could see elements of this being added to other packs OR an expansion pack with multiple ancient cities in China, Rome, and the Middle East where sim’s can be shapeshifting animals or pure elements and wield corresponding powers like Ancient Greek gods!! Very unlikely but hey, we can dream right!

I think it would be the size of an EP, tbh. Would work as a variety of the SUpernatural EP, but with an ancient vibe/more cultural varied. Other world-theme that could work is Egypt, since the ancient gods of Egypt were all half-animal...
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    We need all of this!! The werewolf attributes and abilities are AMAZING ideas. It's great to see simmers who like werewolves and contribute to the topics 🥰
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @HimRumi Thank you. I love occults, but I love when they are expanded upon, there is so much possibility to werepeople. Know that Island Living, and City Living have added a new "type" of expansion pack, it would be an interesting "Mystical Living".
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I want this so much! I would pay for a deluxe expansion pack in order to have this!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Rouenpucelle me too... that would expand so much how we played werewolves before...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    This is a Harpy/Alien-Bird sim I've found that could draw some inspirations.
    ddkeipq-b68d4e56-1ebe-4d44-8d6e-61182d0a577f.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzliZTQzN2VkLTcyN2MtNDI5Yy1hYTcyLTY1NTE4NzkyY2JjY1wvZGRrZWlwcS1iNjhkNGU1Ni0xZWJlLTRkNDQtOGQ2ZS02MTE4MmQwYTU3N2YucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.APYgegi2btznQlHombvhYzq8y2_K8kaZ5lrUfVe9P7Y

Edit: Some more ideas:
    tumblr_inline_npjtdnqwlD1rwr3wu_500.png
    340?cb=20191214185656
    Post edited by Karon on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    maxresdefault.jpg

I was thinking... Maybe Angels and Fairies could be on this pack too. Angels could be mostly good, and Fairies could be mostly mischievous. Of course to make sense they would be called WereBirds (with feathery wings) and WereInsects (or something like that haha and, of course, they would have insect looking wings from butterflies to fireflies, etc). You could make them look like regular angels and fairies, but you could also detail them more into the animalistic aspect of their appearances. Like adding beaks, anthenae, and so on and so forth
    WereBirds: Angel & Demon Visual Ideas/Inspiration
    2156-670x355.jpg
    04-21-15_6-16%C2%A0PM.png
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    MTS_Simsbunny19-1732639-11-21-17_1-02-08AM.png
    WereInsect: Fairies & Sprites Visual Ideas/Inspiration
    6aebf63698605205e5a19ddcc37bbd89.jpg
    982.jpg
    56242f387d2c41a93b8ea8db401e2566.jpg
    tumblr_p54xuz5b5v1thxftfo4_500.jpg
    073b1b0f37470a3ce3eccd8cec238120.jpg

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i think fairies and overhauled plantsims have a good chance at appearing in this eco lifestyle expansion.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    If there was an occult then the pack might be interesting so I hope so
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited May 2020
    Imo Mytical sims' special abilities don't need to be hardwired into the different types of mystical beings. Some would prefer a mammal looking sim with telepathy than a reptillian looking one. Id say, take the entire pet concept of choosing bushy tails/ears/mane color and transfer that to the sim's Mythical form in CAS mode.

Then, if you want special powers for these sims, have them learn it like the skilltrees in ROM. Only this time, please give them consequences so they dont feel OP like spellcasters. Have them leave furballs behind and crave hunting or something.

Edited for clarity.
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam I still think each type should've special/unique abilities... makes nosense for a mammal to have natural telephaty, BUT I can see you befriending another "species" and learning their special abilities if they feel like you are worthy enough. Than, the skill trees could give you stuff like "can learn one special ability", and the other branches could allow you more like 3/5 depending on how balanced the game was.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I like the TS2 fairies, they look pretty.
  • Options
    @crocobaura which ones? The Summerdream family?