Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 3 crashing at the same time?

AuroraDiamondsAuroraDiamonds Posts: 25 Member
hello, again! i'm back since i found a solution to my problem last time i posted here and hopefully i will this time as well. my problem now is that my game keeps crashing at around 2:18 pm. like, that time EXACTLY. all three times i tried to play that happened. this is completely random, by the way. everything was fine in my saved game for the past week i've been playing. i played for a few hours today and then out of nowhere it just crashes. i noticed it was at 2:18 pm so when i loaded it back up, i made sure to save very frequently. and what do you know, it crashes at 2:18 AGAIN. i tried one more time, and it crashed at 2:16 pm. i've kind of given up for now which is why i've come to the forums. i have some mods, including nraas but i don't think that's causing the problem. there's nothing that's caused any issues before or earlier today. however, i have had this issue once before, a few weeks back. it kept crashing at 1:17 ish am but after a few relaunches it stopped. i'm kinda fed up with restarting the game tho considering it takes over half an hour to load up with all my cc and i've already done that 3 times so i've come searching for answers here lol.
i figured it was probably something that was going on in the game that was causing the crash. all that happens at that time is that's approximately the moment one of my sims leaves her workplace. one sim leaves school around that time and one carpool stops at the house to pick up one of my sims for work. literally NOTHING else happens. i don't understand what could be causing the problem.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Crashes at precisely the same sim time indicate that something is scheduled to "go off" at that exact time that is crash inducing. It may and often has nothing to do with your actively being played household but could involve another sim or lot in town. Typical suspects:

- A sim is spinning into their career outfit at that hour to begin at what would probably be 3pm but their career outfit is flawed.
    - A sim somewhere is giving birth but they keep getting stuck in the birthing loop, this is a game bug that doesn't affect everyone, and can't get out of it until far too many babies are born and the game crashes. The existence of an NRaas mod we aren't allowed to talk about (begins with a "W") usually puts a stop to that.
    - A lot somewhere in your world has too many spawners on it scheduled to trigger at that exact time.

If that's not enough to help you troubleshoot and get past the crash time, and running a MasterController Reset Everything from the Town menu sometime before 2:16pm doesn't seem to help either or just shifts the crash to a new time, then I would suggest bringing the issue to us at NRaas so we can walk you through some debugging techniques to produce a scheduled alarm log that our developer can help interpret to pinpoint the issue.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top