Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A very, very cold hospital

Apparently the hospital gets so cold in winter that even the inside windows get frost covered... I'm not sure how good this is for the welfare of the patients... :/
JFnb39D.png
kDYg2cU.jpg
ago0ySb.jpg
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Seems like a bug to me... doesn't happen in regular homes AFAIK. One thing you could do to temporarily counteract it, is to put a thermometer on the wall... set it to warm on the winter days.
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    If you put a thermostat on a public lot you can't use it. You just get a message that there's no power and to pay your bills.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    Definitely is a bug, they must’ve put windows become foggy during winter but didn’t make sure on windows that aren’t actually outdoors
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    KatzMeowz wrote: »
    If you put a thermostat on a public lot you can't use it. You just get a message that there's no power and to pay your bills.

I was only offering help. :wink:
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2018
    It may be stupid to ask this question, but did you check that there is a roof covering all edges of the lot? Also that there is no wall piece missing someplace? As that certainly does count as outdoor.
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    It may be stupid to ask this question, but did you check that there is a roof covering all edges of the lot? Also that there is no wall piece missing someplace? As that certainly does count as outdoor.

Hmm... I'll have to check that, although it is the pre-made hospital.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I think it's hilarious. An old hospital that can't even afford heat. But I imagine all windows appear frosted, even ones on interior walls.

It reminds me of growing up in North Dakota, I remember seeing ice form on the inside of the kitchen window.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Can you enter build mode on that lot? Maybe replacing the window would help?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I wish you could add the thermostat to community lots it would be beneficial to them if its to hot or cold.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Can you enter build mode on that lot? Maybe replacing the window would help?

Next time a sim is there, I'll check the roof is on properly and try replacing the windows. The only problem is, as far as I know, it's only possible to get to build mode at that lot when a sims is actually there, and none of my sims are doctors. So I'll have to wait for the next baby that's born.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I wish you could add the thermostat to community lots it would be beneficial to them if its to hot or cold.

They don't do anything on commercial lots (but @crinrict thinks that might be a bug).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just chiming in to say that yeah, only way to enter build mode is while a sim is on the lot. plus you have to 'bb.enablefreebuild' (as you do with all 'hidden' lots)
  • Options
    @kalaksed thank you for the tips! Generally, I don't build much, and never on the hidden career lots.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Someone ought to mention this on Grants Q & A this afternoon on Twitter. Maybe it is an oversight and they can fix it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

They don't do anything on commercial lots (but @crinrict thinks that might be a bug).

So they should do something on community lots then?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641