Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming, Supernatural, or Tropical Vacation, Depending on Age?

Comments

• Options
    Bunny_AttackBunny_Attack Posts: 21 Member
    Supernatural, less than or equal to 18
    I would personally love all three, but I had to pick only one. I'm more interested in something Supernatural, mostly because I miss it the most from the Sims 3. However, I think farming would come as second to me because I thought the cows and chickens from the Store were super cute, and I tend to play a lot of Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games. I'm honestly kinda surprised they haven't come out with a vacation pack yet, considering Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure being a thing.
    I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    Tropical Vacation because I really want my sims to be able to go to the beach and swim In the ocean.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2018
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I can't see Farming working very well. What would you even do? Lots are too small for animals, plus household slots are limited. Crops would be just like gardening, plants wouldn't really look different. If I want a Tropical Vacation I'll go to the jungle. We have two vacation worlds already that I never use no more needed.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    Farming definitely, but I'd also like Supernatural
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Farming, 19-38
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I can't see Farming working very well. What would you even do? Lots are too small for animals, plus household slots are limited. Crops would be just like gardening, plants wouldn't really look different. If I want a Tropical Vacation I'll go to the jungle. We have two vacation worlds already that I never use no more needed.
    To answer your questions:

There are 64x64 lots that's big enough

Farm animals wouldn't take up a space in the household

New harvestables are always welcome
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    I want swimming in the ocean and sunburns. Farming was a very close second, though (especially if there's nectar making.)

Supernaturals are cool, but not my personal "thing."
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    I think that a tropical pack would also be REALLY nice, but I am more interested in seeing new content that the Sims has never done before. I imagine farming would go really nicely with Cats & Dogs as well as Seasons.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38

Why wouldn't an animal who will essentially be a pet not take up space? Unless they make them immobile objects? That seems worse. New harvestables are nice, but something like corn(common crop) would be a bush. All the plants are basically bushes or trees and the produce is small(fairly sure this is why we didn't get pumpkins). I really liked Dahlias in the Seasons pack because they were bigger than the flowers we had and you could actually see them when laid on a table. 64x64 would be big enough if you had a small house or very few crops/animals.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I love fantasy and supernatural themes. Vampires are some of my favorite sims especially in ts4. I find they add a lot of depth and fun to my game as well as challenge. They also allow me to tell stories that otherwise would be hard or impossible to tell. I find the decor and objects are always spot on and a style I love. Vampires as it is always surprise me and I'd love to create a blood fued type thing, but hard to do without another supernatural type. My top choices would be witches, werewolves, and fairies.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I would love all three packs at some point, but I have always loved the Supernatural and am really hoping for werewolves to rival my vampires.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    Supernatural is always my first choice. I would love to have witches, faeries, and better plantsims (in that order lol) in the Sims 4.

My second choice is farming, and I feel as though plantsims would fit beautifully in a farming pack. (I know that we have "platsims" from that patch, but they're not good.) I, personally, want something similar to The Sims 2 Seasons even though a lot of that EP now exists in the Sims 4. More rustic/antique furniture, in-depth, fleshed out plantsims that can "spawn" babies and influence plant growth (similar to faeries in the Sims 3), sprinklers, composters, ladybug houses, and livestock (chickens, cows, pigs) would all be interesting to see in the game.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I want all of them.. and more. but I choose Supernatural19-38 first, as I love Fantasy.
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    In the past I've always been against farming as I thought it would be boring and pointless but after seasons and the gardening update gardening is so much fun! I'd love to see farming. I've been playi g on a kind of orchard lot I made which has been a blast.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited December 2018
    Farming, 19-38
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Only ideia new to the franchise.

You can have the whole farm thing in Sims 3 - I have it - from the Sims 3 store - there is a farm , a tractor that water and fertizes fields and it gives hay rides to kids. There are cow that can be milked and chicken coops that can have baby chicks. It's pretty cool - but also pretty expensive to get the whole thing. But I bought the whole store - lol - also was gifted a lot of things too. But I do have a world filled of farms and have my farmers sell their harvest at the Artesian Farmers market. So not new to the Sims technically. It would sure be cheaper if we can get all of that in an ep as I believe I spent around 80 or more dollars to get all the parts. You also need a really big lot for the whole farm and another 40 x 40 lot for the Farmers market. My Farm town in Sims 3 has mostly 60 x60 lots.

Those farming items were incredibly subpar in my opinion. The Sims 3 Store was the worst thing the franchise has ever seen and I hope to never see anything like it return. It was outrageously expensive and full of mediocre items. The Sims 4 can make an amazing farming expansion pack in my opinion. Livestock, off-the-grid gameplay items, and farmer's markets could be the the main features. If you've ever seen Farm Together I can see Sims 4 using their methods to even incorporate machinery such as tractors and plows! There could be skills such as canning, knitting, or even nectar making. The Sims 4 has a great track record with improving a good amount of gameplay functions from past games. I am really excited about the prospect of a quality and immersive farming expansion from this game! :)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I love science fiction and fantasy. The bulk of the fiction I read and watch is sci-fi and fantasy (I hate being forced to read realistic fiction for school because I find it boring...plus, most of the contemporary realistic fiction that is seen as important enough to merit being assigned in an academic setting is also painfully depressing on top of that, and my real life is already depressing enough, thanks...),and I write sci-fi and fantasy as well. When I was little, every story I played out with my Barbies involved magic or aliens or mad science. Island vacations and University are all well and good, but my game doesn't feel complete without the fantastical.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Farming, 19-38

Why wouldn't an animal who will essentially be a pet not take up space? Unless they make them immobile objects? That seems worse. New harvestables are nice, but something like corn(common crop) would be a bush. All the plants are basically bushes or trees and the produce is small(fairly sure this is why we didn't get pumpkins). I really liked Dahlias in the Seasons pack because they were bigger than the flowers we had and you could actually see them when laid on a table. 64x64 would be big enough if you had a small house or very few crops/animals.

They could work like the roomba from Cats & Dogs or drones from Get Famous, the technology is already there.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    I want Farming really bad. That and Sports.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I just think the supernatural adds a different element to the game. More options I think. I love gardening so I think the farming would be awesome too. As for tropical vacation I'm still getting used to seasons so I think my sims would burn to death in the sun so not so good
    xbeou9.jpg
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2018
    Supernatural, 19-38
    I'm rather amused that I'm in the most common category at the moment. I wonder if it says anything about our generation.

Anyway yes I really like the fantasy stuff. Couldn't care less about farming and tropical vacation, to be honest. Real life stuff is fine, sure, but also kind of boring, especially when it's all we've been getting lately.

The Sims has always had this fantasy element to it anyway! It's an escape!
    See, I loved this stuff in TS3. I loved how TS2 had hybrids. So bring back the werewolves and witches. Improve the aliens and plantsims.
    Also, fix the alien/vampire hybrid lifestate that somehow happened in my game without mods, she's super glitchy and her appearance keep resetting somehow.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I'm rather amused that I'm in the most common category at the moment. I wonder if it says anything about our generation.

Anyway yes I really like the fantasy stuff. Couldn't care less about farming and tropical vacation, to be honest. Real life stuff is fine, sure, but also kind of boring, especially when it's all we've been getting lately.

The Sims has always had this fantasy element to it anyway! It's an escape!
    See, I loved this stuff in TS3. I loved how TS2 had hybrids. So bring back the werewolves and witches. Improve the aliens and plantsims.
    Also, fix the alien/vampire hybrid lifestate that somehow happened in my game without mods, she's super glitchy and her appearance keep resetting somehow.

Here here! Well said.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    It's a tough choice between farming and supernaturals. Without more detailed descriptions I had to go with farming in hopes of getting horses.
  • Options
    digitaltrashcandigitaltrashcan Posts: 30 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    farming if we got a nice rural world with it, otherwise i wouldn't care too much

tropical vacation would be okay as long as the aesthetic wasn't similar to the jungle adventure one, could be good if it was unique enough

and no supernatural bc i just plain dislike supernatural packs lmao
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    It was a hard tie between supernaturals and tropical vacations, but I ultimately settled on tropical vacations because I am really hoping for underwater actions. I really think Tropical vacations or even just a tropical world would be fun. I would also be extremely satisfied with Supernaturals.
  • Options
    elmarenjielmarenji Posts: 5 New Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    As for pack, tropical vacation is good. But maybe a combination between tropical world and supernatural would be my best wish. I'd like to build something underwater and have mermaid sims living in it. 😅
  • Options
    Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    Supernatural, 19-38
    More supernatural sims please.