Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming, Supernatural, or Tropical Vacation, Depending on Age?

ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
I am doing a poll to see if age correlates with a specific requested pack. Why? Out of pure curiosity.

Options are farming, supernatural, and tropical vacation. I tried my best to vary the age spans, but the limit is 10 options. So just choose which pack you want to see next or the one you like the best, and what age group you are in.

If you don't mind, I also want to know a specific reason as to why you want the pack you chose.

I might do one with gender next.

EDIT: Guys no need to say what age you are in the comments. I just want to know why you want the pack.

All caps title edited. - EA_Cian
webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Farming, Supernatural, or Tropical Vacation, Depending on Age? 446 votes

Farming, less than or equal to 18
1%
bevillealexis3142jackjack_kBreazonaRuevera0882AimsleybobCaptain_CTotallyKate 8 votes
Farming, 19-38
16%
JaiSeaGoth583PallystyleErja888alan650111HowGreatThouArtIsb917Pipersfun2IrdiwenSchantalJnyxpxelskiesmlmeadowsCheezirationernesdokellzamikawagPapayaSkyHarukotyanTerra 75 votes
Farming, 39+
5%
DannydanboBluegaylecatmom1987brackencat31Snosrap522AngelDovePlayerSikoahGraceAnnie2008Simburianinvisiblgirlsimgirl1010freindlylolluthienrisingRamblineRosemordarlarmannannaSajahiKarababy52joleacoHermitgirl 26 votes
Supernatural, less than or equal to 18
5%
Bagoas77TomaTerijimjam1009jennihopeIridocyclitisAHolyToiletBunny_Attacklia_290ShadowmarkedAntonTS1299Themadman152AesthequesShadyboopsimms745TerrahnortJoyGodzillamemequeenpart2Zeizeinasupermilinka 25 votes
Supernatural, 19-38
30%
Jeanrudy8292YunaFosoSamyouilivefor92overonPlayerSinger2010VibseEvilWitch83SuccyStrangerthanNihmofadingaudioSnuffyBucketMariefoxprice83MagdaleenarobyngravesJestTruBluellesafersaviour 136 votes
Supernatural, 39+
6%
honeypooh1267IdontrcallLaBlue0314davidp0418setevaimhappySimpatsyannKelleygirlWritin_RegBloosmoojustChrisUkhappysimmer2007AnmirlaCinebarSjofntherplady1JACKIEJOYNoirranClassicalSimAmaraRena 29 votes
Tropical Vacation, less than or equal to 18
4%
the_greenplumbobrambahadoermariajane216suzyl3MrMonty96Simtown15Lexx223MinguisseFlyLouise_G0325CaityCupcakes10CharKittyBooBbearJordan061102Huiiie_07ladynightkaitlyn0kaiwrysimsTelefeyfloralAriaMad2 21 votes
Tropical Vacation, 19-38
22%
KolbyicmnfrshKita5399alexspoom13aprilrosexbecky685xLomelindi7aelias24simduck88MrsTomato1018Angel_mixAlrynnBrokenChaos69ZenobiaPomponDJQ1308IObellemysle86NeverSeemsToEndNivyxsekojrana 100 votes
Tropical Vacation, 39+
5%
LeGardePourpreIceyJSimsILikeSimsCorkysPetalsCynnaANNETTE1951Elegantblkchina1AjaGiog01denswanmock68stilljustme2catloverplayerLizzychicagoSimplyTorijcp011c2iheartsimsforeveThenyoukissmecatitude5texxx78Susim62 26 votes

Comments

• LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited June 2018
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    {EA_Lanna: Actual age removed. Please be mindful of posting personal information as per the rules.}

I would love another vacation destination. I want a warm place where my sims can go for family vacation. I love Selvadorada but I don't think it's a place to just go relax with the family. I did like the cow and chicken coop in TS3 and I may even like a farming pack but it's not something I'm waiting on.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    Tropical Vacation, but what does age or gender have to do with anything? Seems completely irrelevant
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited June 2018
    Supernatural, 19-38
    Supernatural and I'm in the 19-38 category.

While I know the game is a life simulator, supernatural and fantasy elements have been a staple of the game since the first series. It's one of the best, most creative parts of the game and it would be a shame to waste it in S4.
    Post edited by PlayerSinger2010 on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    I thought discussing age was against the rules for some reason.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    I am not interested in farming at all in TS4. I can play Stardew Valley for that. And while I am interested in Witches and spell-casting, I tend to mostly play a somewhat realistic game with only 1-2 saves where I really explore other life states. I would get the most out of a tropical vacation pack for my game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Can't vote as I am not interested in any of those. I would prefer they offer more pets such as birds. I belong to the 39+ catagory.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Farming, 39+
    39+ here. I want sheep and chickens and tractors and a rural life, partly because it's the complete opposite of my real life.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I thought discussing age was against the rules for some reason.

I think ranges and ballparks are fine. I've dropped a lot of hints on my age range in off topic, and I don't think the mods were against it.

It seems that a lot of people here are in the 19-38 age range, and even among that range, tropical vacations are the most popular.

I also voted tropical vacations because I'm really keen on sending my sims to the beach. I like the beach and the water IRL, so I think it's fun playing that out in my own game.

There are still a lot of untapped beach activities that they've never done before too. Parasailing, water skiing, banana boats, jet skis, boat restaurants and glass bottom boats (that aren't a rabbit hole). I don't think they can make an exact replica of Island Paradise with the scuba diving and houseboats, but there are many more possibilities.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    Although I'm interested in farming too. It's never been done before as a whole cohesive theme, and rural living tends to be underrepresented in these games.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm 15 and I want Tropical first. After Farming.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Farming, 39+
    I want farming because it is what I relate to. Farms are everywhere around here. I would love for my sims to be able to raise chickens, cows, goats along side their gardens. It would make things feel more complete for me. I also would have been all in for the tropical if it were not followed by vacation. So a purely tropical world would interest me more than just a vacay. But only if it came with the ability to swim in the ocean. There is absolutely no reason to have a tropical paradise if you cannot get in the ocean.
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    . I also would have been all in for the tropical if it were not followed by vacation. So a purely tropical world would interest me more than just a vacay
    I agree. I want a tropical world but I dont want it to be a vacation destination. My background is from the islands so it really annoys me that people just kind of only think of them as vacation destinations instead of places that people actually live.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited June 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Actual age removed. Please be mindful of posting personal information as per the rules.}
    I like to play elders so I chose the farming pack. See I play a group of monks, and they live together in a monastary and they make their money off of things they grow or make so they can sell them at the stands in the city.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Tropical Vacation, but what does age or gender have to do with anything? Seems completely irrelevant

I think OP is what she said just curious. They want to see if it is a big difference in what is chosen by what age group. I have no problem giving my age. If you do not want to use the age ranges above,
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    I don't understand why people want more supernatural. We have vamps and aliens already. I really don't want to suffer through zombies again. I HATED them is sims 3 and there was no option to turn them off like you could with the dumb looking fairies. Every time a zombie spawned at my house I would kill them with my demonic powers mod.

Witches are cool, I enjoy leveling those, but uggh most of the rest of it is just annoying.

I want farming because I love skills and careers you can have from home and perhaps they might let us FINALLY sell our produce properly. An island vacation would just be another EP like JA that wouldn't get played very often.

Farming it is!!!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited June 2018
    Supernatural, 19-38
    Gah. But I want all of them.

Supernatural and Farming are on par, especially if farming has horses. Tropical Vacation is just slightly behind those on my list of wants.

As for why:
    I feel like Supernatural has more to play with, I can use it again and again for different supernaturals, and I'm holding out hope for mermaids. Farming is interesting, but only really useful for one or two sims, unless it comes with horses. Tropical Vacation seems like the obvious vacation spot that I'm surprised isn't already a thing, but I don't vacation sims that often anyway.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    I do love supernaturals but I tend to play more realistic, so I chose tropical vacation!
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Tropical Vacation, 19-38
    I really just want another honeymoon choice, my snob sims really dislike camping. I’ve never been a fan of supernaturals and have zero interest in farming to be honest (I’m not a country type person at all).
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Farming, 19-38

Did you read my post? I said I was curious.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    It is a hard pick between farming and witches for me. I play farms on the sims 3 still, but I would love it brought to the sims 4. I am 25, and my husband and I plan on having a family farm when we move to our "forever home". I live in an area where there are a lot of farms, and I so desperately want a midwest style world, because I feel too many people overlook how great country living is.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited June 2018
    Tropical Vacation, 39+
    I'd take them all, but tropical vacation first, please.

Fun fact: For me this seems to be age-related indeed. Ever since my first beach vacation in 2005 (not tropical, but the baltic sea at the polish/german border) I'm enchanted by the sea, ships and beaches. At first that wasn't mirrored in my simming, but since about five years beaches rose in priority to the point where I'm now itching to have them in Sims 4, too.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I want something tropical, maybe with warmer weather if combined with Seasons. I also want mermaids, though I could just use the mod for them. I'd hope that it was a residential world, like Isla Paradiso was, because I rarely take my sims to Granite Falls and I don't even have Jungle Adventure!
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    I'd take them all, but tropical vacation first, please.

Fun fact: For me this seems to be age-related indeed. Ever since my first beach vacation in 2005 (not tropical, but the baltic sea at the polish/german border) I'm enchanted by the sea, ships and beaches. At first that wasn't mirrored in my simming, but since about five years beaches rose in priority to the point where I'm now itching to have them in Sims 4, too.

I think I am going to do a poll limiting my sample size between 19-39+ in the near future. I also believe it is age related.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Farming, less than or equal to 18
    :| I feel like a baby

But farming :#
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Farming, 19-38
    39+ here. I want sheep and chickens and tractors and a rural life, partly because it's the complete opposite of my real life.

I agree with you!!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?