Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ORIGIN/SIMS 4 crashing due to excessive memory & disk use.

2...Next

Comments

• loulouhloulouh Posts: 196 Member
    @phoebebebe13 I feared as much. Sigh... I guess I’ve been lucky for the laptop to have lasted 5 years of Simming with no major issues.

Thank you for your advice :)
  • loulouhloulouh Posts: 196 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @loulouh There's a complaints thread about this here. End page below.....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/QtWebEngineProcess-exe-process/td-p/5553613/page/13

@EA_Tom seems to be the tech to go to. Last protest dated one month ago.

You could try some people's answers there.

(A fault bucket identification number is a number assigned by the system to identify specific types of errors usually this correlates to problems showing in the Event Viewer.
    Also this identifcation number is what is used by Microsoft in order to identify a particular program error when you send an error report. ( info. from The Tech Guy page)

I’m glad to read through that thread. Thank you, it’s good to know I’m not the only person frustrated by this!
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    loulouh wrote: »
    @crinrict One more question: I can't understand a thing in that DxDiag report I posted above... Can you tell me from that if my laptop is in good enough shape to keep running Sims 4..? Please and thank you!

Your computer has okay specs for The Sims 4.
    2UFyFUV.png

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    vikixc wrote: »
    @crinrict One more question: I can't understand a thing in that DxDiag report I posted above... Can you tell me from that if my laptop is in good enough shape to keep running Sims 4..? Please and thank you!

@loulouh Your very welcome.

@vikixc It's not their computer specs, it's the age of their hardware. Their hardware is 5-6 years old. Hardware eventually gives out and has to be replaced

@vikixc It's not their computer specs, it's the age of their hardware. Their hardware is 5-6 years old. Hardware eventually gives out and has to be replaced

My graphics card is 5 years old, my CPU is about 3 years old, they both work perfectly. If they are looked after they last, I have a 10 year old laptop that I use daily too.
    2UFyFUV.png

My graphics card is 5 years old, my CPU is about 3 years old, they both work perfectly. If they are looked after they last, I have a 10 year old laptop that I use daily too.

@vikixc Desktop hardware lasts longer than laptop hardware. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware for gaming.

Your lucky you have a 10 year old laptop that runs. Are you gaming on it or using it for general use? Gaming on a laptop will do more abuse to the hardware than browsing the web. I have a 10 year old all in one that still works but it was used for general use like browsing the web or watching a movie and not used and abused for gaming

@vikixc Desktop hardware lasts longer than laptop hardware. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware for gaming.

Your lucky you have a 10 year old laptop that runs. Are you gaming on it or using it for general use? Gaming on a laptop will do more abuse to the hardware than browsing the web. I have a 10 year old all in one that still works but it was used for general use like browsing the web or watching a movie and not used and abused for gaming

I use it for all sorts of things, mostly work, watching videos, facebook etc.

Yes it runs because it's looked after and cleaned regularly
    2UFyFUV.png

work, watching videos and FB is not putting a computer under stress like this game would .

You need to keep them clean. They will get dusty. loulouh does have the option to pay someone to clean their computer, add thermal paste but if in the end the hardware is failing from years of gaming , they might just be better off with a new gaming laptop

work, watching videos and FB is not putting a computer under stress like this game would .

You need to keep them clean. They will get dusty. loulouh does have the option to pay someone to clean their computer, add thermal paste but if in the end the hardware is failing from years of gaming , they might just be better off with a new gaming laptop

I used to use it for gaming though, I ran GTA 4 and Sims 3 on it
    2UFyFUV.png

I used to use it for gaming though, I ran GTA 4 and Sims 3 on it

Those are older games now. The sims 3 will sometimes run on a lower end laptops but it's rare. I have helped several people with low end laptops that can't run sims 3. The game does not like low end newer hardware. Some older low end laptops seem to fair better with the sims 3 but most people don't have laptops as old as yours.