Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis fav'ed a knock off version of my house

I was given a nomination from @TheDismalSimmer for my starter home 218 Violet Drive, I am the one that made that home not the one that was given the favorite :(

Comments

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2018
    Is there anyway that they can reverse the favorite? Please lol Or who would I even message to see what they can do
    Post edited by brenleedee on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    Is there anyway that they can reverse the favorite? Please lol Or who would I even message to see what they can do

You could probably contact @SimGuruKate about it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Have no idea who does the favoriting -- can you post a Gallery link to the two houses (yours and theother one) in question? Going to tag @SimGuruKate on this -- as Community Manager she might be the best place to start. Sometimes a house might look similar but has more features; I like to add basements to houses I find on the Gallery, but I don't re-upload them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brenleedee wrote: »

You could probably contact @SimGuruKate about it.

Okay thank you so much, I believe they just favorited the wrong one by mistake. @TheDismalSimmer just recommended my home, and maybe they put the name in not seeing who really made the home.
  • Options
    Have no idea who does the favoriting -- can you post a Gallery link to the two houses (yours and theother one) in question? Going to tag @SimGuruKate on this -- as Community Manager she might be the best place to start. Sometimes a house might look similar but has more features; I like to add basements to houses I find on the Gallery, but I don't re-upload them.

I believe it was done in error, they just picked the wrong home.(being it was listed as a recommendation today by @TheDismalSimmer , my home you can see it in the thread.)
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    The person in question isnt pretending that he or she did the house. That person actually give credits for OP as you created the house. He or she only say she redid the interior design.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The person in question isnt pretending that he or she did the house. That person actually give credits for OP as you created the house. He or she only say she redid the interior design.

You can see the thread where @TheDismalSimmer recommended my home...anyone would be upset if this happened to them. I had no clue they favorited this home until I got notifications on my wall telling me they favorited it.
    Post edited by brenleedee on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm not going to lose my peace of mind over this, I honestly believe it was just a mistake on Maxis's part, they are human, They have favorited another one of my homes before, so I want to say I am very thankful.

This other Person knows who design this really is, right down to the spliced plants LOL, so if they can be okay with that then I have to leave it with Maxis and them. They have now given me credit(from my understanding and people letting them know it is not their design, and myself), but we all know that will never take the place of a Maxis favorite.
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Oh no...did I link the wrong version? If so I might be partially responsible for this...

At any rate I am sorry this happened. It must be frustrating.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Oh no...did I link the wrong version? If so I might be partially responsible for this...

At any rate I am sorry this happened. It must be frustrating.

No you linked the right one, I know they probably looked up the lot name and saw that other one first. Please don't even worry about it, of course I am terribly disappointed, but it was not your fault at all. (It would have never got noticed if it were not for you) So thank you again!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Handled it a lot more gracefully than I would have. That's why I don't post to the gallery, Because I'm Petty and Proud.

And I always tell myself, My creations are better than everyone's, I will build a 1x1 box, no texture, no doors, windows, roof, no landscape, I still think it's Better than everyone's. It took a while, but I'm not going to get caught in my feelings because someone's tastes are different/more favored than my own.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Handled it a lot more gracefully than I would have. That's why I don't post to the gallery, Because I'm Petty and Proud.

And I always tell myself, My creations are better than everyone's, I will build a 1x1 box, no texture, no doors, windows, roof, no landscape, I still think it's Better than everyone's. It took a while, but I'm not going to get caught in my feelings because someone's tastes are different/more favored than my own.

You made me laugh, it all worked out in the end, Maxis did favor mine, so I am happy. Would love to see that 1x1 build of yours lol.