Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Sim still a skeleton!

My sim visited Selvadorada and became a skeleton. Great I thought, presuming it would only last a day or two. It's now been over a sim week and my sim is still a skeleton. Is it meant to last this long? I thought it was temporary.
Ive tried repairing my game in case it's a bug, but still the same (also no mods).
Please help! :'(:D
Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Go back to Selvadorada and worship/interact the statue. Some of the skeleton curses require that to cure.
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Thank you so much, I will try that right now.
    Is it the statue by the marketplace? All I can do is view statue, which doesn't do anything. :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes, you need to get the cultural skill higher to do other interactions. Also, talking to the locals may help finding a cure for the particular curse.
    Ok thank you for your help, will have to work on her culture skill.
    Maxed the culture skill and can still only view or show respect to the statue. Have chatted to lots of locals now too and they are no help. Think my Sims stuck as a skeleton for good :D
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Since it's tied to a buff, I would've suggested to do sims.remove_all_buffs but the latest patch took that cheat away so...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    I can't think of anything else to try. I think I might have to start a new game :'(:'(
  • CloudKittenCloudKitten Posts: 10 New Member
    Try turning testingcheats on and shift-click on your sim to reset them.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Or add UI CHEATS mod to your game.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Try turning testingcheats on and shift-click on your sim to reset them.

But that's currently been taken away...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • tc145tc145 Posts: 8 New Member
    This skeleton curse is really stupid and annoying. I changed my sim back but now it says she is still a skeleton and can't eat or change clothes no matter what. How is such a bug allowed to ruin this game?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    tc145 wrote: »
    This skeleton curse is really stupid and annoying. I changed my sim back but now it says she is still a skeleton and can't eat or change clothes no matter what. How is such a bug allowed to ruin this game?

Hello @tc145
    I am sorry that you are having issues with your sim being a skeleton. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread, and try workarounds that have been posted there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-JA-Sim-still-considered-Skeleton-after-turning-back/m-p/6885840#M64838
    I never solved mine and had to start over. I've not been back to Selvadorada since :|
    It's sad to hear there's still a bug like this.
  • Lucie_BLucie_B Posts: 1 New Member
    I spent hours researching and downloading mods to try and fix this because my sim was stuck as a skeleton too. I ended up uninstalling the dlc for jungle adventure, then I started up my game, after I got the error message for missing content I saved and exited the game. I then reinstalled jungle adventure and started up my game to a normal sim that can now wear clothes again, lol! I hope this helps others with the same issue, almost two years later and we’re still having issues with the same bug!