Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited June 2018
    Is anyone else getting the death notices? A phone call to say Hi "my sims name" I thought you would like to know that "sim I have never heard of has died"

Then all my sims get the sad for 2 days moodlet. I have only the MCC Command centre and I have checked that.

It was added with the 6/19 patch, although my impression was that it was meant for sims who are acquainted with the dead sim.
  • Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    Loool I have a few issues with my game as well, including the farting one.
    1.Sim does not change into indoor clothing when she goes back inside the house.

2. Sims outside are dying in winter because they do not switch into their cold clothing. I saw a couple of sims freezing to death BUT I managed to save them by inviting them inside to my cozy warm household, lol.

3. In Harvestfest "Gnomes" were a tradition and I saw all of them in my neighbors lot but they never appeared in my lot. I kept waiting but nothing.

4. Actions are overall glitchy. Sometimes I tell my sims to do something and it just freezes and they all stand there doing nothing. I have to cancel actions, go in and out of build mode to kind of "reset", because the RESET OBJECT ISN'T WORKING.

There have been a few more, but overall those are all I can remember off the top of my head.
  • AudreyMayAudreyMay Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="lilacfaery06;c-16566669"]Is anyone else getting the death notices? A phone call to say Hi "my sims name" I thought you would like to know that "sim I have never heard of has died"

Then all my sims get the sad for 2 days moodlet. I have only the MCC Command centre and I have checked that.[/quote]

I don't have the phone calls but my sim had those annoying mourning moodlets you mentioned in your other post.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2018
    Trying to place a room causes it to overlap over the existing items instead of deleting them, and if I try to pick up a room and rotate it it only moves maybe half the stuff. This is with movecheats both on and off.

Also, whatever is going on here when I try to place tile...
    5RWzDY3.jpg
    p4jZ42T.jpg
    4aif7mM.jpg
    Post edited by sillehbee on
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Is Sims stealing your bar drinks a known glitch?
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    The vet vending machine is empty. I dragged it into the vet clinic. After dragging it in, it was empty. No matter what what lot I dragged it into it was emoty. No meds.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Multiple same plants in one spot, teleporting, and I have the settings to disable autonomy for the selected sim and sometimes that sim will freeze up. No mods/cc or anything really that isn't EA.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Spliced plants don't say what they are on mouse over -- just that they're spliced.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Nearly everything involving pets is glitched. I never had the problem with pets contorting themselves before. It's gotten so bad I've moved all the pets out of my household because it was unplayable. The pet interruptions and forced pet interactions have gotten horrible.
    tumblr_pawub2iUXz1wy9czzo1_540.png
  • itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    Oh yeah and if they're not in hot or cold weather outfits, my sims are overheating and freezing inside the house even with the thermostat set to cooler or warmer..
  • slydarslydar Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2018
    Updated the first post with a list of everything that been reported here. Thanks!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    My Sims are also using the umbrella indoors quite often. Like, why? O.o
  • Alexis_Lembo8Alexis_Lembo8 Posts: 3 New Member
    hey! so I had a problem similar to a person above that whenever I would try to play a family a message saying something like “error try relaunching the game” and I did, I also repaired it, and then I took out my mods folder like the helper above said and that’s what the problem was. But I was just wondering am I supposed to sacrifice all of my mods to play seasons or is there a way to get past this confliction with the two. Because for me it’s kinda impossible to play sims without mods once you’re so used to them!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Once you have removed the mods folder and placed it on your desktop, you need to repair your game. Load a new save for testing. Exit all the way out of the game and create a sub-folder within your mods folder and label it 'In-game Mods'. From your old mods folder on your desktop place one or two of your mods into the new folder called In-game Mods and test them with your new save. You will need to do this to find any mods that need updating or are totally borked. In-game mods are the ones that modify the game, not your CC like clothing and hair, etc. In spite of having nearly three thousand pieces of CC I have not found anything that does not work with Seasons. Your in-game mods are a different story. In order to find out if any of your game-modifying mods are at the root of your problems, you will have to reintroduce them into your game one by one and test the game as you go. It's a long process. But I can tell you that a lot of mods have been broken and need to be updated. Mods related to pets, meals, cheats, and time manipulation are at the top of the list of mods to check. If you know who created your mods you can always visit the website and check to see if they have been updated. Whenever a new patch or pack comes out having all my game-modifying mods in a separate folder makes it easier to pull them all out at once and check for updates. Otherwise, they will be scattered throughout your main mods folder and you have to find them.
  • OneekoOneeko Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing sims since the very beginning and I can say that this is the first time I have ever experienced such a glitchy gaming experience with it. I guess I have just been lucky so far. Anyways, after getting seasons on launch day, I can confirm I have experienced 90% of the glitches listed. However i'm also experiencing a few that aren't on the list.

1. Cross dressing sims. So far I have only seen Don Lothario sporting a purple sweater dress and matching heels. Honestly even though this is clearly a glitch, I absolutely love it. So no complaints here, but I still wanted to bring it up.

2. My pets never have the option of "Be nice to.." so I can raise their friendship levels and get them to breed. I can select the "encourage to mate" option, but it always results in both pets getting angry with one another.

3. My pets are almost ALWAYS scared of something. I am having such a hard time keeping them happy. The only item in the house they ever actively get scared at is the computer, even when it isn't on. On top of that, it very rarely gives me the option to calm them down.

4. My sim cleaned the litter box but the poop didn't disappear. So it became smelly and there was nothing I could do aside from deleting the object and buying a new on. I've had to do this on several occasions.

5. Instead of turning to face the animal and THEN pet them, my sims have been reaching behind their backs to pet them.

6. My sims have been walking through furniture a lot.

That's all i've noticed so far. I have no CC and no mods installed either.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited June 2018
    My sim walks through the house with her umbrella up. She has sat down to watch tv and didn't put it down.

Sims teleporting, a sim will walk to kitchen to collect a plate to wash, not pick it up, walk to a bathroom sink to wash it, teleport back to the kitchen to pick it up then teleport back to the bathroom sink to finally wash it. It happens with a lot of actions that need the sim to move from room to room or just from one side of the room to the other.

Sims are getting stuck going to bed. They will get out of bed, stand in front of the bed with the task to sleep queued. Have to reset sim to cancel out the action. I can't just leave it on the bar because anything I direct them to do after will automatically cancel and they will move back to the bed.

Sims walking through walls.

After skating the boots stay on their feet, the wheels disappear but they will walk around for a bit with the boots still on, I think it's a lag issue that I should not be getting.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    Anyone else having problems with beds? My Sims never sleep in their own any more. They just pick a random one.

Its like musical beds instead of musical chairs. I've had to lock out certain sims from certain rooms.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
    giphy.gif
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I've experienced a lot of the bugs that have been mentioned so far.. especially the excessive pet obsession and sims glitching about the house while performing relatively simple tasks. Also townies freezing to death in their sportswear.

Also, not sure if it's a bug.. but in Winter I returned to the Willow Creek park where my sims had previously hung out during the Summer and Autumn, and the roller skating rink and water balloon bucket were still in the surrounding area as well as the Summer food stall. The weird thing was that the Winter food stall and ice rink were also in the area but in a different place. And only the Summer food stall was being manned.

I do have mods so it might be due to that (although I'm pretty sure they're all updated now). Might try repairing my game again.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • SimDork25SimDork25 Posts: 104 Member
    Just wanted to mention a glitch I experienced when my calendar changed seasons—when my game turned from summer to fall, it reverted back to summer and all of my holidays got pushed back a week. My summer and fall holidays even overlapped on the calendar. Luckily, I had made a backup save and when I played it through, the seasons changed without any glitches!
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Bed problems, yes. From the patch. I don't have seasons.@ParmaViolet87
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Since I'm new here, can anyone tell me if it's normal that we haven't had a patch to fix these issues by now? Most other companies who have bugs when their expansions release tend to give out a bugfix a day or two after it's released, so I'm surprised that EA is slow on their end

It’s Tuesday... the game came out on Friday, the team doesn’t work on weekends.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Anyone else had the problem with some lights missing? Its really annoying me. :(
    8c636926eb10.png

b99359b42cf5.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Seed Packets not unlocking for Sims with level 10 Gardening before the patch

You can click on the plant boxes and get the option.

Haven't had any on list so far. Not tried them all out though, may do that when I have more time.

Some of the glitches, like fireplace not staying lit, were fixed for me
    as soon as I started new safe. Also fixed when I moved my previous save out of house then back in.
    I think that was an old trick from
    2 or 3? :D

No excessive farting. And they need a face mask or scarf for winter jogging. I know a couple of people (real) who
    jogged in winter here and got ice crystals in lungs causing pneumonia.
    So yes jogging in winter can be dangerous.

Also play a vanilla game.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I have a lot of queued actions cancelling (especially when interacting with the bees) and sims teleporting like OP described in the cleaning dishes example. And their dog has been extremely needy trying to be petted all the time.