March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have your bills been since seasons?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No I use the thermostat all the time and the bills are not affected by much from what I’ve seen.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I used the thermostat for just 2 days because of a heat wave, and my bills increased by 10,000. It seems to cost more to make your house cooler than warmer; I used it for several days in winter and didn't notice a significant increase in my bills.
    My sims' bills only went up from 1500 to 3000. That was with the heat on every day during winter. Thinking some of these 'high bills' may have to do with certain mods.

I have some CC but no script mods in at the moment.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    I'm curious as I haven't really paid too much attention to the thermostat/bills relationship yet... does size of the house factor in?
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I don’t even have a thermostat installed and my bills jumped too :tired_face:
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Increased
    I got above 24,000 with thermostat :neutral:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Increased
    My highest bills were 33,000something. I'm so lucky this family is rich.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My bills have been crazy, about £12,000. This is since before I downloaded any mods (in fact, one reason for getting MCCC was so I could switch off bills!).
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Increased
    The increase of bill charges with the thermostat is honestly beyond ridiculous. I expected the bills to be higher, but definitely NOT as high as they've become... this is ridiculously unrealistic. In reality, your bills will NOT increase that much just because of your heating or AC being on.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I never used the thermostat and my bills came in at $3500. My sims couldn't afford to pay and had to move out to a shabby apartment.

I was kind of gutted as I had plans for their house refurbishment, but it made for an interesting story line.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited July 2018
    My bills are always like $10,000 as well. My sims live in a big house.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I've merged two thermostat discussions into one. Carry on the discussion, and if you're coming from the merged thread, feel free to vote in the poll as well. :)
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    Increased
    adding a thermostat to one of my sims 3 bedroom homes increased the powerbill 15k
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Increased
    rubahluba wrote: »
    I nearly had a heart attack when I was expecting my usual bills of around $2500...I had the thermostat set to cool for a few days and I got the bills.... $10,215! Has anyone else had a bill like that? I didn't expect the thermostat to effect my bills that much...

Yep. My bill for a heat streak in summer went from about 12 500 (penthouse) to 38 500(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    There must be a mod to fix this, right?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Increased
    I like big houses, I can not lie... :tongue:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Increased
    I used the thermostat and my bills went from 2,000 to 10,000. That's an 8,000 increase for a little heat.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Increased
    Some of my bigger houses have had bills in the 25-30k range when I use the thermostat a lot. Pre-seasons bills were in the 5-8k range on those houses. I've started to build more fireplaces and pools into homes as they are a cheaper alternative to heating and cooling when needed. I like it, but do think they could reduce the cost for using the thermostat some.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    Increased
    No mods and seldom use the thermostat but my bills are higher.
  • grnblzgrnblz Posts: 247 Member
    I have a large house with lots of stuff and use the thermostat. My highest bill has been $8,945. They always range somewhere around $5,000 anyway so I don't consider that a huge increase. I have also gone to setting all my lighting in the house to auto so they go off when the sims leave the room. I think that has helped.
  • wx_lixwx_lix Posts: 7 New Member
    Increased
    My sims lives in a big house, three floors, one small basement and a greenhouse(I had the greenhouse before seasons);
    Bills; 14-15k normally
    After season and 2 days with thermostat; 75+k
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited July 2018
    Same
    I've been playing small houses and they increase slightly but not significantly with use of the thermostat.

Does anyone else actually like the challenge that high bills provides? I do. It sort of models the "middle-class squeeze" that a lot of families, at least in the USA, experience (but usually not so much due to heating/cooling, but things like health insurance, child care, car payments, mortgages, etc.). In the area I live, housing costs are quite high (often 50% or more of income). And there is no free day care - it is expensive!
  • RassRass Posts: 29 Member
    Increased
    For my Sims the bills are more than 10 times higher. Before in a large house it was 9.000, now in winter with thermostat ist is 90.000. I found a mod wich reduces the bills from 125% to 110%. If 125% is the Maxis settings and the calculating basic is the whole bill per week (not sure if it is), it can´t be that high. There should be a bug.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Increased
    my bills stay about the same or increase slightly in summer with cooling off during hot days, Spring and Fall see the lowest bills, in Winter its cold more often than its heatwave in Summer so my bills go a fair amount higher in Winter, but I just turn the thermostat off when they are asleep or not home and it makes the bills a lot lower.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Today is my first time playing seasons and my sim's bill just came in at $23. I think I beat the Landgraab's Power Company! I rule! lol
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Increased
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Today is my first time playing seasons and my sim's bill just came in at $23. I think I beat the Landgraab's Power Company! I rule! lol

Lol :o I’m curious as to how your lot looks now :D