Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate Seasons?

13...Next

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I feel like the game has some life in it now, and all the other packs make more sense.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Right now the game itself is unplayable.

@BelongtoLCMS , What problems are you having? There have been a couple of patches released. I haven't shut down my game since last Friday so I haven't installed them yet. :)

I stopped playing Tuesday after having severe lag issues in 10 minutes of play. I did not even have mods or cc installed. For me, I play video games to relax and any experiences with bugs, glitches, or lag means it is not relaxing. Playing for the 10 minutes was more frustrating than fun.

Sorry it's unplayable for you. There was a patch released on Tuesday but I think the gurus are still working on the lag in build mode issue.

I played AFTER the Tuesday patch. I saw no change in the game that told me it was to my standard of playable.

I see. Really sorry to hear that.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    Would have been higher if the patch didn't break half of my CC :#

Yeah but that ALWAYS happens with packs....

You can't blame EA that is the way it works in all sims games. CC makers have to make all their content patch compatiable - not the other way around, it's why they update after a patch on affected content they made.. It is why I never use mods or CC in a developing game as every patch can do that to a degree. In a live service with monthly patches that can happen to cc and mods with every monthly patch - you can be sure an ep or gp patch will break it - but even ordinary monthly patches can break some content. Especially in an ep where every item from clothes to plants to furniture has had recoding - it is reasonable to expect breakage if your cc uses code before it was changed. The game will no longer recognize that content because it was - re-coded.

I know, I'm sick of breakage so I turned patches off. I'll turn it on again when there is a new EP. Then I'll deal with the breakage.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    i would give it an 8.
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I've loved it so far now i've played through every season. There are a few things which i'm not so keen on so that's why it's a 7 for me. However I hope they fix it soon! Overall it's given the game so much life for me i'm really enjoying it.

Things I would like to see changed however.
    1. Jogging in winter so random sims nearly freeze to death outside of my house.
    2. The slipping. Honestly it was funny at first but it got irritating quickly. It needs tonight RIGHT down.
    3. During thunderstorms sims get tense moodlets, which sounds like a cool concept except when the thunderstorms last for three days and your sims relationships are ruined from shouting at eachother and the toddler is packing it's back ready to leave.
    4. Would have loved sunburns/tans to have been added. I'm not sure why it wasn't done but it breaks the immersion a little but that could just a personal thing for me.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am enjoying seasons very much. I would have given it a ten but there are a couple things I wish they had done differently. They really messed up Autumn in my opinion. Autumn is a stunning time of year with all the gorgeous colors. None off the trees here turn a weird grey color nor do any of the plants. I could also do without the disgusting fermenting leaf piles all over the place. Who wants to jump in that. Seriously.
  • guri639guri639 Posts: 6 New Member
    it bring some reality. i'm love my town and sims life even more. but unfortunately some decoration not Included season...
    and it will be nice more if can be swimming!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    9. As glad as I am that we got some variety in the game, it's still sooo realistic and I'm dying for some more oddities and fun!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    I gave it a four just from what I have seen and read. First it came with bugs in the very features it was advertising. Amazing to think the calendar doesn't even work correctly for those who wanted that feature. I read the design flaw feedback threads and the bug threads. It's hard to believe it could be 'flawless'. Some things were not even thought about or cut or just not implemented, like scheduling an outing with others or a date.

Lots of complaints the holiday schedule maker thingy is way too limited from those who actually thought highly of the EP.

Snow...enough said.

Complaints gardening was changed, either not enough money or Sims getting rich shortly by things way too profitable. Lots of complaints one way or the other about the gardening.

Loads of complaints about the clothes categories, and driving people crazy with the townies not wearing approriate outfits for the type of weather happening. My pet peeve, sunglasses when it's raining. Oh, those silly Sims. At this point I don't think a fashion lesson will help them.

I didn't see a lot of 'activities' in such a big EP. The main seller was the calendar and that isn't even functioning properly according to all the complaints. I haven't seen anyone really discuss Fall, that tells me not much to it.

ETA: I assume thunderstorms work correctly (buffs etc.)? Must be when someone complains their rocket ship was hit by lightning and their Sim died. That gets an A+ >:)

ETA: Summertime here means boats and the lake, swimming, ski jets, boats. Too bad this couldn't have been in this EP for summer.

ETA: I would have given it a five but minus one because this game forces players to have to go through all four seasons not giving them the options to skip winter, or spring etc. Let them play their way. On that note developers thinking if someone wanted to create a summer holiday for the kids to skip school to take vacation days from parents etc. because it was cheating the system. Noooo. It's their game, they should have all the cheats, or options to play however they want.
    It's not a multi player game where 'cheating' matters. It's their story. Punished sandbox..sandbox..sandbox.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    9 rather than 10 because the water balloon/mud/snowball fights seem underwhelming.

The same reason why I picked 9 also. Just seems so blend, like throw it for God sake!
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just 8 because it bring back Seasons EP classic features and a new feature, the calendar.

Removed 2 points because :
    • Flower Arranging ignores the Sixam's Fang Flowers and the Wolfbane flower.
    • It doesn't add new Lot Traits, Aspirations or Traits
    • There is no occult tradition for Aliens and Vampires
    • From the Worldmap, we can't know the current local weather.