Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piles of Leaves

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Also I've noticed outside of autumn the leaf piles around the world WILL. NOT. BURN. No matter how many times I try.

Oh my?! Hopefully we can trash them? I didn't actually try, and I'm thinking this can be dealt with in a future patch.

Can't even trash them. We have to burn them first, not one burn but like three burns LOL. Then if there is no trash can nearby you cannot throw away the ashes. UGH :(

My random neighbors actually throw the piles of ash away as soon as the leaf piles burn completely.

What about the piles not near trash cans?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Also I've noticed outside of autumn the leaf piles around the world WILL. NOT. BURN. No matter how many times I try.

Oh my?! Hopefully we can trash them? I didn't actually try, and I'm thinking this can be dealt with in a future patch.

Can't even trash them. We have to burn them first, not one burn but like three burns LOL. Then if there is no trash can nearby you cannot throw away the ashes. UGH :(

My random neighbors actually throw the piles of ash away as soon as the leaf piles burn completely.

The ones I’ve seen them throw away are in the middle of open fields behind my Sims house.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Just wondering, I’ve played through 2 sim years now and the leaf piles outside my home lot are still there, stinking. Luckily it seems the NPCs aren’t interested in raking up more, they just play in the stinky piles (ew).

I can’t burn them, I’ve tried a dozen times. It just doesn’t work. Anyone find a solution yet or has it been reported as a bug? I just want them to go away! :(

The ones I’ve seen them throw away are in the middle of open fields behind my Sims house.

By the pancake house? Most of those are near trash cans. The area where Summer, Liberty and Travis live is a bit challenging with the trash cans. I am by the Goths now. I got so excited because I didn't see any piles and then they started spawning. Are you getting the throw away option when you click on the pile? I only get the throw away without burning for leaves raked on my Sim lot.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello, I just installed seasons last night and I was reading this thread, it sucks about the pile of leaves! Can someone confirm though a few things for me?

The leaves in fall become stinky, cant be burned, or if burned, it takes multiple times to do so. Also, if they burn, the pile of ashes can't be cleaned up do to trash cans not being near.

Is this all right?

Because if so, I think for now until it IS fixed, I'll have to use mccc tuner to stop leave raking automatically and maybe even restart my family, I started in fall.

Thanks for the clarification!
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I once looked for my cat and discovered her eating a pile of ash inside a pile of leaves. :D That's why I can never find the ash to clean up lol. Leaves outside your lot are really getting annoying!
    hqeBmRZ.jpg

Look at that smug face, bolting out of that stinking pile!
    dexFdnF.jpg
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Hello, I just installed seasons last night and I was reading this thread, it plum about the pile of leaves! Can someone confirm though a few things for me?

The leaves in fall become stinky, cant be burned, or if burned, it takes multiple times to do so. Also, if they burn, the pile of ashes can't be cleaned up do to trash cans not being near.

Is this all right?

Because if so, I think for now until it IS fixed, I'll have to use mccc tuner to stop leave raking automatically and maybe even restart my family, I started in fall.

Raking your own leaves is not the problem. I don't even have to burn those. I can just throw them away. The leaves that spawn around the neighborhood are the problem. I have to burn them three times. The leaves end up a pile of ash as pictured in the thread and will not be thrown away if there is not a trash can near enough to the pile.
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    So I wonder is this a bug? I have like 50 piles of leaves and my sims don't like going outside because of the mess, and it looks bad with all the sink around.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I think it must be a bug, particularly in my case no matter how many times I burn the piles they will not turn to ash.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I think whoever thought it was a great idea to put leaf piles outside of lots did not think about how we would get rid of them as not all places have bins in the world! I wish we had a whole world edit cheat so we can place bins where we need them *sigh*
    Hello, I just installed seasons last night and I was reading this thread, it plum about the pile of leaves! Can someone confirm though a few things for me?

Is this all right?

Raking your own leaves is not the problem. I don't even have to burn those. I can just throw them away. The leaves that spawn around the neighborhood are the problem. I have to burn them three times. The leaves end up a pile of ash as pictured in the thread and will not be thrown away if there is not a trash can near enough to the pile.

I saw what you meant last night! And the worse part?? I manged to burn the piles, one stinky and two not, ashes stayed on ground but I was gonna convince myself they are 'rocks' lol but when I looked to that same off the grid park......all the piles were regenerated, the same as the day before. Urgh this is a huge problem! Hoping a patch or mod can fix it.
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    I think whoever thought it was a great idea to put leaf piles outside of lots did not think about how we would get rid of them as not all places have bins in the world! I wish we had a whole world edit cheat so we can place bins where we need them *sigh*

I have totally wanted a cheat like this. I had a save where a guitar was stuck on the sidewalk forever. It drove me crazy.

Is this all right?

I saw what you meant last night! And the worse part?? I manged to burn the piles, one stinky and two not, ashes stayed on ground but I was gonna convince myself they are 'rocks' lol but when I looked to that same off the grid park......all the piles were regenerated, the same as the day before. Urgh this is a huge problem! Hoping a patch or mod can fix it.

At the very least, I hope they at the very least patch the leaves go away once fall ends. It is pretty terrible seeing those stinky piles through winter, spring and summer never leaving unless you do something about it. Well what little you can do about it..UGH
    frogkiss1 wrote: »
    So I wonder is this a bug? I have like 50 piles of leaves and my sims don't like going outside because of the mess, and it looks bad with all the sink around.

LOL yeah on top of the leaf madness, the sims get uncomfortable buff from the smelly leaves.
    I once looked for my cat and discovered her eating a pile of ash inside a pile of leaves. :D That's why I can never find the ash to clean up lol. Leaves outside your lot are really getting annoying!
    hqeBmRZ.jpg

Look at that smug face, bolting out of that stinking pile!
    dexFdnF.jpg

LOL wait a minute

The cat is eating the ash?? LOL Wow maybe my sims need to get a cat to take care of the neighborhood ash.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    There is a way to get rid of the leaf piles!

Here's how:

- Burn them (I was able to have my sim burn them even when it was raining slightly. Don't know about heavy rain). One caveat - there may be multiple piles in the same spot. If the pile doesn't disappear after it's burned, it's because there are more piles to burn.
    - Turn on testing cheats (shift-ctrl-C to bring up the console, then type testingcheats true)
    - Have your sim go home and shift-click on a garbage can to "Set as Head."
    - Go back to the pile of ash, and now your sim can Throw Away the ash. If the ash pile doesn't disappear, it's probably because there are multiple piles in one spot. My sim had to "throw away" four times before it disappeared.

07-12-18_11-56-35_AM.png

- If you don't like the fashion statement of the sim wearing a trash can as a hat, then when your sim is back home, shift-click "Set as Head" again to detach.
    Pegasys wrote: »
    There is a way to get rid of the leaf piles!

Here's how:

- Burn them (I was able to have my sim burn them even when it was raining slightly. Don't know about heavy rain). One caveat - there may be multiple piles in the same spot. If the pile doesn't disappear after it's burned, it's because there are more piles to burn.
    - Turn on testing cheats (shift-ctrl-C to bring up the console, then type testingcheats true)
    - Have your sim go home and shift-click on a garbage can to "Set as Head."
    - Go back to the pile of ash, and now your sim can Throw Away the ash. If the ash pile doesn't disappear, it's probably because there are multiple piles in one spot. My sim had to "throw away" four times before it disappeared.

07-12-18_11-56-35_AM.png

- If you don't like the fashion statement of the sim wearing a trash can as a hat, then when your sim is back home, shift-click "Set as Head" again to detach.

oh they gave us the set as head cheat back? It was taken away with the cheat removals. Thank you for the workaround. :) I hope they fix this soon though.
    Okay so I had to share this because it made me stare then chuckle and go HUH? THAT'S a glitch!
    07-12-18_10-16-28nbspPM_zps66ckiw6c.png
    07-12-18_10-21-14nbspPM_zpsykiujj4c.png

Neither of them died or anything it was bizarre! :D
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Ditto. My sim was burning 1 year old pile, but could not throw away the ashes due to lack of trash can near by. The next day a random sim walked up to the ashes, grabbed it and walked over to a trash can! Sop - there was a trash can there the whole time, wondering why my sim could not use it...

Also - the leaf piles look a bit misplaced in Oasis Springs. I've now played first 3 days of Fall there, and tried to get rid of numerous piles from a year ago. Problem is that even if my sim is able to burn and trash those leaves, the next morning the pile is back. There is no leaf on the ground, and nobody raked anything. Looks a bit weird on green green grass of Oasis Spring... and even stranger in the desert areas.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It took me three times to burn a leaf pile to ashes today.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Wohoo in the leaves don’t work or at least it didn’t before last update. I haven’t checked it after.
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I also made a post about it. I just can not stand those piles of leaves anymore. In addition to stinking about the entire neighborhood, they do not disappear after the fall, they simply stay there forever unless one of our active sims burns them.

This is frustrating. They did not have to stink. And they had to disappear after autumn. It's a big bother.
    tenor.gif
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I think they look awful in the neighbourhood and I would really like to see them disappear with the next season.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    This is getting old. If we wanted piles of leaves, we can rake them on the lot and then play or burn them. We don't need random piles of leaves. No one is raking them. I can see if I saw townies raking them but just spawning them is a bit silly.

As @Simmerville said, the leaf piles HAVE to look misplaced in Oasis Spring. I haven't played there yet but I was hoping the leaf piles would not be in the desert. UGH
    I also made a post about it. I just can not stand those piles of leaves anymore. In addition to stinking about the entire neighborhood, they do not disappear after the fall, they simply stay there forever unless one of our active sims burns them.

This is frustrating. They did not have to stink. And they had to disappear after autumn. It's a big bother.

Thank you the more attention this issue gets, the more likely they will fix it. At this point, I just want them to remove them from the worlds completely if they cannot figure out how to make them disappear after the fall season is over.