Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piles of Leaves

Sooo about those piles of leaves. Do they ever go away? They are places in the world where there is no trash can. I burn them to ash and then I cannot throw away the ashes because of no trash can. Please do something about this. I was worried about this when I saw them in the world during the live stream. I mean who wants piles of stinky leaves all over the neighborhood.

Oh and tried to places an outdoor garbage can using the set as head cheat but yeah that cheat is not working either.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Sooo about those piles of leaves. Do they ever go away? They are places in the world where there is no trash can. I burn them to ash and then I cannot throw away the ashes because of no trash can. Please do something about this. I was worried about this when I saw them in the world during the live stream. I mean who wants piles of stinky leaves all over the neighborhood.

Oh and tried to places an outdoor garbage can using the set as head cheat but yeah that cheat is not working either.

Well, nuts, that was going to be my suggestion. :open_mouth: Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, I didn't expect them to turn I to stinking piles after a while. Now they are everywhere...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is driving me crazy. I remember having to rake those open areas in Sims 3 and I was hoping not to have to deal with that in Sims 4. At least in Sims 3 when you burned the leaves, they were gone. Sims 4 leaves these little piles of ashes everywhere..sheeeeeeesh.

Also, Why is there no option to throw them away when you live close enough to a pile to throw it away? I had to burn it to ash which takes a few burns and then was able to throw away the pile of ash.
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    At least you can burn them. My Sim can't even do that. The near-constant rain in Windenburg makes it impossible.
  • Options
    At least you can burn them. My Sim can't even do that. The near-constant rain in Windenburg makes it impossible.

omg I haven't been to Windenburg yet UGH. Hopefully they will look into it before I get there...lol

@SimGuruNick Can you guys look into this please? There is no way to get rid of the leaf piles.
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    I have actually stopped raking the leaves completely. Apparently if you don't rake them the game naturally removes them in winter. But if you rake them into piles you are stuck with them for all eternity until you can burn them.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    I have actually stopped raking the leaves completely. Apparently if you don't rake them the game naturally removes them in winter. But if you rake them into piles you are stuck with them for all eternity until you can burn them.

This doesn’t work for areas outside your own lot though. I have one of those non-editable tiny parks next to my lot, and it’s just covered in rotting leaf piles. I have one that spawns in the road outside my lot in BB and I have burned and tossed it out multiple times, but it just respawns.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Gabbryrose wrote: »

This doesn’t work for areas outside your own lot though. I have one of those non-editable tiny parks next to my lot, and it’s just covered in rotting leaf piles. I have one that spawns in the road outside my lot in BB and I have burned and tossed it out multiple times, but it just respawns.

Yeah this is what is happening to me too. I wish they actually just disappeared and to make things worse I don't even think random sims are raking them into a pile. It is just happening automatically.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yeah I've noticed this too. Its a prickly pain in the backside. I just burn them all, but sometimes thats too much for a lazy Simmer like myself.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    You know what also annoys me about the burning, I have to burn them like 2-3 times before I get the pile of ash.
  • Options
    I was hoping this patch would clean up these piles but no such luck. This is driving me crazy. Now the set as head cheat has been removed for good it would seem so I cannot even add a trash can to the outdoor areas to clean up the leaves. Please address this or update the worlds with garbage cans or allow sims to put the leaves in their inventory. SOMETHING the world looks a mess now.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Is there an EA Bugs post to check if there's a bug involved?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Don't think so. Are the leaves disappearing for you or are they staying forever stinky and green?

I really wish the leaf piles didn't spawn off lot and the only way to get them was to rake a pile on a lot. Anything off lot is a problem in this game because if there is no garbage you can be stuck with stuff on the sidewalk or off lot areas forever. I remember in one of my saves I was stuck with guitar on the sidewalk forever.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Don't think so. Are the leaves disappearing for you or are they staying forever stinky and green?

I really wish the leaf piles didn't spawn off lot and the only way to get them was to rake a pile on a lot. Anything off lot is a problem in this game because if there is no garbage you can be stuck with stuff on the sidewalk or off lot areas forever. I remember in one of my saves I was stuck with guitar on the sidewalk forever.

I haven't got there yet - I'm mid-summer :) . Bugs can be universal, though, not experienced only by some people. A post on EA Bugs would let them know this isn't the behaviour you expect and that it *might* be a bug.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Lol my sims can’t even woohoo in the pile of leaves, they just stand there. Now I have 2 piles of leaves in my backyard.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    Looks like your sim will need to remove them. I played a full year and started in Fall. Leaf piles are still there the next Summer...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It doesn't help that townies never burn them; they always playing in them, especially when my sim wants to burn them.

Also I've noticed outside of autumn the leaf piles around the world WILL. NOT. BURN. No matter how many times I try.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Also I've noticed outside of autumn the leaf piles around the world WILL. NOT. BURN. No matter how many times I try.

Oh my?! Hopefully we can trash them? I didn't actually try, and I'm thinking this can be dealt with in a future patch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I've been able to burn the leaf piles on other lots.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    jobug1015 wrote: »
    I've been able to burn the leaf piles on other lots.

It seems like it take multiple burns to completely reduce them to a pile of ash. Then you're stuck with an ash pile that can't be thrown away b/c there's no garbage can.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Well, my pile of leaves left so am glad about that. Though around the neighborhood there are just piles rotting. Qp5T8bB.jpgI was able to set them on fire.NQSNpF7.jpgThough while set on fire my teen sim was able to play with it. Don't think that's quite right. 8mSicNC.jpg
    r2T1A0v.jpg

• Options

Oh my?! Hopefully we can trash them? I didn't actually try, and I'm thinking this can be dealt with in a future patch.

Can't even trash them. We have to burn them first, not one burn but like three burns LOL. Then if there is no trash can nearby you cannot throw away the ashes. UGH :(
  • Options
    Well, my pile of leaves left so am glad about that. Though around the neighborhood there are just piles rotting. Qp5T8bB.jpgI was able to set them on fire.NQSNpF7.jpgThough while set on fire my teen sim was able to play with it. Don't think that's quite right. 8mSicNC.jpg
    r2T1A0v.jpg

Yeah the neighborhood leaves are the real problem.
  • Options
    Ugh I was really hoping the piles of stinky leaves would be addressed in this patch.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Can't even trash them. We have to burn them first, not one burn but like three burns LOL. Then if there is no trash can nearby you cannot throw away the ashes. UGH :(

My random neighbors actually throw the piles of ash away as soon as the leaf piles burn completely.