Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Massacre

Comments

• AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Swim wear needs to count as 'hot weather' and 'temperate weather' because it just makes sense for it to. (So still negative effects if it gets cold enough).
    Active wear needs to count as 'all temp' (hot and cold not effecting). I would prefer this to them just keeping on their cold or hot outfits just so sims don't go running or playing basketball in rain jackets like idiots. But them keeping on their cold/hot would be better than nothing.

I think if they just made these two changes we would be good. Though I have no idea what the coding looks like on the back end to make something like this happen.
  • XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    You have to put them on long sleeves & pants ... my clothes aren’t like winter clothes but when my sims go outside they don’t freeze to death , turn blue , or have a moodlet. They can still work out though, long as they have the long sleeves & long pants.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ripperoni pepperoni. I find this funny but also a big problem. I would like for sims who are actively jogging or playing basketball or using exercise equipment. Just ANYTHING that effects fitness to not be affected by the weather. Since you're their being active and moving about I would assume they wouldn't get to cold or just it's a much slower process. Was noticing this in my game when I saw a sim standing about blue and wondered why oh he's not in winter wear okay, but it was from him playing basket ball thus I started to notice a pattern.
    D8qNgrF.png

4TP4zeG.png

Had used MCCC to change them immediately to their winter outfit since they wouldn't do so after they were done playing. If they did that it wouldn't be a big problem, but they seem to not want to after jogging or playing basketball. I foresee a lot of unnecessary death's in this game. Dina Caliente isn't looking all that hot today. :neutral:

Will giving my sims long sleeves in their active wear help them? Though I'd have to do it manually. Wish they would auto change into a set of fitness clothes for the appropriate weather if you have it set for an outfit.

I don't mind changing it for my playable sims but for some NPC sims lol they're as good as doomed. So I guess the townies will just have to suffer. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    Swim wear needs to count as 'hot weather' and 'temperate weather' because it just makes sense for it to. (So still negative effects if it gets cold enough).
    Active wear needs to count as 'all temp' (hot and cold not effecting). I would prefer this to them just keeping on their cold or hot outfits just so sims don't go running or playing basketball in rain jackets like plum. But them keeping on their cold/hot would be better than nothing.

I think if they just made these two changes we would be good. Though I have no idea what the coding looks like on the back end to make something like this happen.

I’d be okay with that workaround. I’d just select a few “warmer” looking active outfits for colder days. They need to do something so all these random sims don’t die when going for jogs. I’m sure coding will be difficult but I really hope they help us out here. I don’t want to turn off weather effects, but also don’t want to see every jogging sim dying all the time.
  • XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    The way they did clothing doesn’t work and this is further proof.

The only way to prevent them from heat stroke and freezing to death is by dressing them in the cold or hot outfits. It doesn’t matter what they wear as long as it was selected as a hot or cold outfit.

But here’s the problem.. whenever a sim jogs, jogs with the dog, plays basketball or does anything active they change into active wear. Doesn’t matter if you give them sweats and jacket as active wear since it’s not cold wear they’ll freeze to death.

The same problems will occur in the hot summer days cause they won’t be in their hot clothes. Even if their active wear is skimpier then a swimsuit. They’ll get heat stroke after jogging.
    If they go swimming they change into swim wear so after a dip if they hang out in their suit they’ll get heat stroke. Which makes no sense.

The other thing that bugs me is once they change into cold clothes they don’t change out of them even after they go inside to their warm house. I don’t want my sims having dinner in a hat and mittens. Or seeing townies in a restaurant in winter gear. I really wish they would’ve just given us outerwear like in previous games, and then added the hot wear category for very hot days. (But still allowed swim wear to be considered okay to wear in hot weather)

We need some tweaking here very badly, it’s a major shame because I adore this EP so much, but the clothing thing doesn’t work at all.

That’s not true . DEPENDING on how you have your everyday clothes you can still wear it in a hot temp. But yeah the changing their clothes does get annoying but my sims doesn’t do it anymore . They change into their everyday when they get into their house.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2018
    Has anyone pinged the SimGurus about this? I can't imagine this would be by design, it doesn't make any sense to mass kill off numerous sims this way.

@SimGuruNick? Is this what's supposed to happen?
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2018
    You have to put them on long sleeves & pants ... my clothes aren’t like winter clothes but when my sims go outside they don’t freeze to death , turn blue , or have a moodlet. They can still work out though, long as they have the long sleeves & long pants.

I have over 80 sims in my rotation. There is no way to change from long to short sleeves for so many sims every 7 days. We are not even sure if long sleeves help, because active outfit is not in the hot/cold category.

I think they should add hot/cold category for it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ha ha ha!!! I think this is great finally random happenstance and actual consequences!!! Yes, yes, yes!!

Maybe for non-played Sims, but I'd be pretty upset if it happen to my played Sims when I'm playing in rotation. Plus it doesn't even make sense - my husband jogs when it's well below freezing out and doesn't even get cold because he's jogging. This really needs a tune-up. I don't want to have to turn off all weather effects to have my Sims not die when I'm not playing them. :(

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Akil is right. I gave a Sim one outfit across all the categories. The lace bra and pantry set from the base game. That is all she has. Not only does she not get cold or hot, she doesn't spin to change clothes unless she takes a shower. I tried to change her into the cold category but the game said she was wearing it.
    edited June 2018
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Akil is right. I gave a Sim one outfit across all the categories. The lace bra and pantry set from the base game. That is all she has. Not only does she not get cold or hot, she doesn't spin to change clothes unless she takes a shower. I tried to change her into the cold category but the game said she was wearing it.

So if an outfit is in Cold *and* in Athletic it will work against cold if they auto change for jogging? The problem then, though, is that they could still change into it in the middle of winter to go for a walk and end up just looking like goofs :( Though I'd be happy to be wrong about that if they have a second, not-in-another-category Cold outfit!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited June 2018
    Has anyone pinged the SimGurus about this? I can't imagine this would be by design, it doesn't make any sense to mass kill off numerous sims this way.

Pinged just now on Twitter!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Needs more research. I only used the one outfit. If you can call it that. The same color across the board.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    So preventing these deaths is not a good solution? (facepalm)

I am with her. We shouldn't have to turn off the temp effects because it negates a bunch of seasons gameplay. I bet you anything they will treat this as a bug of sorts and do a fix where maybe joggers wear their cold outfit while jogging if need be.
    I dressed up most of my played sims in to long sleeves/pants jogging outfits ( missed some). Its mid fall, temperature Cool. Those 2 sims are my sims from the rotation, just different household from currently played.
    Look closely, sim with long sleeves is sweating, droplets are visible, sim with no sleeves did not, not even 1 drop.
    X510Cmt.png
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow. I can not believe this was severally overlooked! Sims changing into active wear makes sense when it is SUMMER, and WARM, but for them to not have them automatically change into their Hot or Cold outfits when it is HOT or COLD is just disappointing. Can we please get a Simguru here? And I sadly can not find LittleSam's mod that prevents joggers from freezing to death. Such a MASSIVE oversight that negatively effects our Sims, because I always see multiple of my Sims jog when I play other households and I DO NOT want them to freeze to death. I'm lucky Summer is still in effect and it is set for 4 weeks.

Plus, how about fixing cheats, because that also needs addressing....
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow I didn’t know Sims you weren’t controlling could die in your neighborhood like that.

I had a Sim I was controlling do yoga outside in the cold, she ended up freezing to death right after she finished her routines. It happened so fast. I figured working up a sweat would help keep her warm or something but nope lol
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I’ve noticed some of my sims turning blue in spring for not wearing their cold clothes. Thankfully, MCCC saves the day for changing outfits and sending them home for now but that’s not a long term solution. The non active sims just aren’t tuned around weather conditions.

And swimsuits not counting towards hot weather clothes seems like a real oversight.
    edited June 2018
    Longs sleeves and pants do nothing to prevent death for the joggers. Here is proof, another sim of mine is dying right now :(
    9pVuNNq.png

ZZOQ4gS.png
    I've lost to many sims from my rotation :( So many widows and orphans :(
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    The way they did clothing doesn’t work and this is further proof.

The only way to prevent them from heat stroke and freezing to death is by dressing them in the cold or hot outfits. It doesn’t matter what they wear as long as it was selected as a hot or cold outfit.

But here’s the problem.. whenever a sim jogs, jogs with the dog, plays basketball or does anything active they change into active wear. Doesn’t matter if you give them sweats and jacket as active wear since it’s not cold wear they’ll freeze to death.

The same problems will occur in the hot summer days cause they won’t be in their hot clothes. Even if their active wear is skimpier then a swimsuit. They’ll get heat stroke after jogging.
    If they go swimming they change into swim wear so after a dip if they hang out in their suit they’ll get heat stroke. Which makes no sense.

The other thing that bugs me is once they change into cold clothes they don’t change out of them even after they go inside to their warm house. I don’t want my sims having dinner in a hat and mittens. Or seeing townies in a restaurant in winter gear. I really wish they would’ve just given us outerwear like in previous games, and then added the hot wear category for very hot days. (But still allowed swim wear to be considered okay to wear in hot weather)

We need some tweaking here very badly, it’s a major shame because I adore this EP so much, but the clothing thing doesn’t work at all.

That’s not true . DEPENDING on how you have your everyday clothes you can still wear it in a hot temp. But yeah the changing their clothes does get annoying but my sims doesn’t do it anymore . They change into their everyday when they get into their house.

It is true actually I know it sounds weird but the clothes are set by category not by what it is they’re wearing. If your sim is wearing any clothing category other the the new hot or cold ones they can overheat or freeze. Try putting a sim in a jacket, pants, boots and hat in an everyday wear and then send them out on a cold day to test it if you want. They’ll freeze.

The gurus went over it in the livestream a bit, and I was worried then but seeing it in action now really confirms this doesn’t work. I think I get why they did it, so if you want your sims wearing shorts in the winter they can, as long as you chose it as their cold outfit. I’m okay with that, it gives the player options. But they need to do some thing about the outfits sims automatically change into like athletic and swimwear.
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    @Feisbukaite - now that I can finally post links I can help you find the jogger freeze fix that LittleMsSam is testing. Her discord support channel is: https://discordapp.com/invite/KpZsvRM If you go to her discord channel, go to the #feedback area in the LittleMsSam''s Mods section and click on the pushpin to see the pinned messages. The download link for the mod she's testing is in that pinned message - the only pinned message in that forum. I think she'll post the mod tomorrow perhaps (she's on EU time) to her normal website after further testing and if what folks here are saying is true, further protection for joggers from heat stroke. Hope this helps!
    @Feisbukaite - now that I can finally post links I can help you find the jogger freeze fix that LittleMsSam is testing. Her discord support channel is: https://discordapp.com/invite/KpZsvRM If you go to her discord channel, go to the #feedback area in the LittleMsSam''s Mods section and click on the pushpin to see the pinned messages. The download link for the mod she's testing is in that pinned message - the only pinned message in that forum. I think she'll post the mod tomorrow perhaps (she's on EU time) to her normal website after further testing and if what folks here are saying is true, further protection for joggers from heat stroke. Hope this helps!

Thank you. I was checking her website, that's why I couldn't find it. I turned off weather effect after this last death for now, but I can't believe thing like that is overlooked.
    I hope MCCC has an option to revive sims.

I'm very disappointed after losing so many sims :(
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    Good job, Feisbukaite! I have only had one freezing death outside the gym lately (while using this quickie mod) and it was Geoffrey Laandgrab who was doing god knows what and managed to freeze to death in a blizzard even in winter clothes. The chain reaction started of course... No more random joggers freezing though so it's a good start!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This needs to be fixed. This shouldn’t be happening, especially of the scale @Euripides67 just showed. Also being able to set a bikini as cold weather and sims being fine is just ridiculous :s
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif