Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Massacre

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Tiarella You might consider contacting @SimGuruArvin about this one - they said they were having a tough time reproducing it vanilla. They might be interested in your save + info about your computer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2018
    I had to turn off the temperature effects because they were killing off everyone. Lost both Gunther and Cassidy Munch the same night, leaving their teen kids orphans. (Ended up moving them to San Myshuno with the proceeds from the house sale; they're living in a fancy apartment in the Arts Quarter with their step-brother who had a falling out with the step-parents.) In two cases the deceased died in my Sim's neighborhood and left behind their urns, so the ghosts invaded my Sims' household and broke everything during the night, so my Sims had to track down the urns, release the deads' spirits to the Netherworld, and to be on the safe side move the headstones to my makeshift graveyard behind the restoom building in the park in Willow Creek. (I'm working on rebuilding the big park in San Myshuno so I might use those little corner areas where the fountains are as my future resting place for dead Sims.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @auroraael14 Awww - poor cute little buggers :(
    Hope they still have a caregiver - they will be a handful and sad too.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018
    They have to fix that now!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    As far as I know the Devs could not recreate this problem... :( So I am not sure we'll see a patch for that pretty soon. There are however mods out now that prevent the deaths, or make them not as common. I am using one of them and since then haven't seen anyone die anymore.
  • RachyRooRachyRoo Posts: 3 New Member
    @AprilDawn The mod that makes the athletic outfit cold-proof is by Bienchen, (I googled "Sims 4 mods Bienchen," and it's the first site that came up) It's in German, but over to the right just hover over "Bienchen mods" and scroll down to "Mods fur Jahreszeiten." The mod is the 4th one down. It's working great for me! No more blue joggers :)
    @RachyRoo Thank you!
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've yet to see if it helped, but I gave all sims from my rotation cold resistant trait. Once I reach winter again I'll report the results. So far no deaths from the heat ( none of my sims ever died from overheating , but I gave them that trait just in case too).

Giving cold resistant trait to my sims didn't help. First day of winter, 4 deaths. As I mentioned before, only sims from my rotation game are dying. None of NPT ever died. Dying sims are all born in game and played by me from the baby stage ( one of them is from the gallery, but he is in my rotation). My save is very old, as old as sims 4 game.
    edited July 2018
    RachyRoo wrote: »
    @AprilDawn The mod that makes the athletic outfit cold-proof is by Bienchen, (I googled "Sims 4 mods Bienchen," and it's the first site that came up) It's in German, but over to the right just hover over "Bienchen mods" and scroll down to "Mods fur Jahreszeiten." The mod is the 4th one down. It's working great for me! No more blue joggers :)

I installed this mod and going to try it right now. I'm glad I remembered to save my game right before all deaths happened, so I'm going back in with the mod and we'll see if it works.
    I think this mod is working ! The lady who died first, she was already blue when I saved my game, she died moments later. So now I went back in game with the mod. She and other two sims changed from blue to normal skin color in couple seconds.
    It means it's possible to fix this problem if players can create a fix. Why EA are not fixing it ?
    edited July 2018
    Another update. I'm playing with the mod. None of my rotation sims died yet, but I see NPT dying right now. This never never happened before I installed this mod. And he was wearing I guess every day outfit, definitely not jogging outfit.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I really wanted to get Seasons, but reading all of this, I don't think so, I will wait until EA fixes it. I don't want my family to die. I don't want to spend $40 dollars and then have to turn it off. I guess I will just have to wait.
    edited July 2018
    My report after playing 6 days of winter with the mod. Non of my rotation sims died ( this is unusual, I was loosing at least 3 of my sims per night without a mod), removing all mods still was killing only my rotational sims. Two of NPT died ( mod in and I had to switch outfits of other 2 prior them freezing to death, it never happened prior mod in my game), but I don't care about NPT, so I love this mod and I finally can enjoy playing seasons ! The person who made this mode is Germain, but I would really appreciate for someone to send him huge thanks from me !!!
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    As far as I know the Devs could not recreate this problem... :( So I am not sure we'll see a patch for that pretty soon. There are however mods out now that prevent the deaths, or make them not as common. I am using one of them and since then haven't seen anyone die anymore.

I've played my save that originally caused 12 sim deaths two additional times. On the first replay I had 5 deaths and on the next there were 8. I gave the link to the file on my google drive to one of the gurus. I also included a detailed description of my actions that led up to the massacre. I've managed to kill 25 sims on that one save in 3 tries. Not that I doubt they tried, but I doubt they read my description and put much effort into it.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited July 2018
    @RachyRoo thanks for answering them, I forgot to check back until today, which is why I never answered the question!

Tonight I went to an Art Center and the weather turned into a blizzard outside, and all the NPC sims showing up were in their party outfits. I wound up leaving so people wouldn't start dying. Whee!
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @SimQARobo: thanks for letting us know! Very glad you've been able to replicate it. :grin:
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, I hadn't thought about this happening. I went back and got the heatproof and iceproof (don't remember what they're actually called) rewards for my sims. So at least they shouldn't be keeling over. I just gotta worry about all the townies now.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Sims like to change out of their winter outfits to their swim outfit to sit on the edge of the swimming pools. Needs to be fixed to make sitting on the edge of outdoor swimming pools to be non autonomous when it is cold outside.
    So, another odd thing happened. I was playing at the Landgraab house and during Winterfest my sims started freezing to death inside the house in Oasis Springs (it was only cold outside, not freezing). They had coats on (winter wear category), and they all have the Cold Acclimation reward trait. They warmed themselves at a fireplace but then even after I put a thermostat in the house and turned the heat on, it happened again. I finally had a sim use the weather machine to make it hot and that worked but then they started getting too hot and they all have the Heat Acclimation reward trait too. Drafty house? These weather effects are really buggy.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited July 2018
    On Winterfest, EVERYONE going by my house was in Party outfits, and freezing to death. INCLUDING FATHER WINTER.

h4sWkUE.jpg

This is seriously getting unplayable.

I also really hate that even if they make it to the edge of the map, that's apparently not enough to save them. I've had two Sims die 'offscreen' from freezing.
  • creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    The same thing happened in my game, my poor sim adopted 4 children from the orphanage so his 8-year-old daughter wouldn't be lonely, but all the other children froze to death while playing outside, leaving the poor girl and father very sad.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »
    So I have the mod that makes workout clothes count for cold weather. Good, right? Everyone should be relatively safe.

Except no, occasionally a townie decides to strut through my neighborhood in their party outfit, and die that way instead:

pccjrlq.jpg

LBoJiml.jpg

Sigh!

@Sjofn The mod you mentioned has been updated to work for clothes sims wear because of some special Situation as well. @auroraael14 The mod works for formal wear as well and @AprilDawn can be downloaded here: http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    One of my sims who is in inside is complaining of not been inside for so reason.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Update- First death has just happened in Willow Creek at the gym. Bjorn
    4Wv5dIG.jpg