Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Massacre

I just saved one sim from Grim after she collapsed from freezing. She was on the street in front of my sim's house and my sim convinced her to group up. It would take too long to walk back to my sim's house, so I had them go to the gym. The sim made it to the steps before freezing. While pleading for that sim's life one of the bystanders froze. Grim hasn't gotten to him yet so I don't know if I'll be able to save him. But wait, there's more...there's another bystander who's looking quite blue and will probably collapse before I can convince him to go inside the gym. There are two other guys in tank tops and shorts who are probably doomed since they're going to be determined to stand out in the snow and watch each other die from freezing. I guess I'll have my sim befriend and date the last one standing.

Comments

• Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Another day another death in my game. I mentioned in another post I already lost three sims to hysteria, but yesterday it got to another level....

I was playing household of the last female sim who's husband passed from hysteria. I was setting up her new life with the new husband when I saw notification I can't exit because someone is dying. I looked in the house, but death was happening far away from the house. When I looked closely who was dying, I literally had a hard attack !
    This is the new husband of the first widow whose husband was first taken by hysteria out of 3 sims. So first husband died YA from hysteria, second husband froze to death ! He is my played sim, but at that moment I was playing another household. He was jogging, his clothes are not proper for jogging in cold weather, so he froze. I see it as a big problem, because I've noticed many sims turn blue while jogging in the cold weather.

Look closely at another sim in the jogging outfit, she turned blue. She is also my sim, her skin tone is light normally, not blue, she is freezing in this outfit ! There is no way to give them outfits for winter jogging :( Or do we have to change all jogging outfits to the long sleeve and pants outfits and it's going to solve freezing to death problem ? I'm really scared to play again, because most of my sims like to jog while I rotate to another household.
    three sims standing next to each other all have long sleeves jogging outfits, they are not blue, I guess they are not freezing. But can they die from overheating in summer ?

KUCFY0A.png

• Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    rofl, whoever picked that one is clearly not a runner.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Oh my, that's bad. This should not be a problem with non-played/non-active sims.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Which neighbourhood are you playing in? And everyone with joggers freezing to death? I'd like to know which ones to avoid in my rotation. I played in SanMyshuno, art district and it seemed fine.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    @Feisbukaite That looks like something that was overlooked during the development of the Seasons pack. I wonder if the developers are aware of this. I find it hard to believe this was by design because it would be nearly impossible to keep your athletic sims alive if you play rotationally. It would be too hard to remember to change everyone's workout clothes each season.

I think they're working on a patch to fix some of the bugs that came with Seasons so maybe @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin should be made aware this is happening.
  • Options
    Which neighbourhood are you playing in? And everyone with joggers freezing to death? I'd like to know which ones to avoid in my rotation. I played in SanMyshuno, art district and it seemed fine.

Since seasons release I've played only in Willow Creek. I noticed blue sims from the very beginning, even thought it was cute until my own sim died :(
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Just turn off how the weather affects sims.
  • Options

I don't think it's good solution. I think they should add summer and winter jogging outfits.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    So preventing these deaths is not a good solution? (facepalm)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

When I finally get seasons, this is what I'm doing.
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I have just given all played sims clothes with long sleves.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Turning off temperature effects NOW.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Ha ha ha!!! I think this is great finally random happenstance and actual consequences!!! Yes, yes, yes!!
  • Options
    Simmelina1 wrote: »
    I have just given all played sims clothes with long sleves.
    I don't think it is going to help, because the clothes make no difference - it has to be the actual cold outfit for sims to survive.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I confess, I burst out laughing at that screenshot :lol:

So sorry for your loss though. I'm not sure how this could be fixed...winter and summer jogging outfits would just create two new categories? I'm not sure if they would do that.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Turning temperature effects off could be decent temporary solution, but they really need to fix this ASAP. Perhaps non played sims shouldn't go jogging at all when it's too cold, I think it would be easiest that way.
  • Options
    Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    Just a 'me too' here. On release day an NPC jogger froze (Marcus Flex) outside the gym and everyone ran out to witness his death and reaping. Since everyone had been working out in exercise gear a chain reaction kicked off freezing ten sims before I quit out. I'd post a pic but I get the 'must be around longer to post this' crap.

LittleMsSam has a small mod to fix this problem that she's working on in her Discord support channel in the #feedback channel. Just search for "no freezing to death mod" in the discussion there for a link. I can't seem to post any links but you should be able to find LittleMSSam, she's a prominent modder.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Another sim of mine is dying right now :( She is the same sim from the previews picture in turquoise color jogging outfit.
    Her son is standing next to her, he is blue, I hope he'll make it home in time.
    Khb71v5.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    This seems like a bit of an issue. I fill my game with my own sims and play rotationally. I will be bothered if one of my sims is dying because of this oversight and I have to exit a save and lose all progress made before the "event".

Or are we to use up a cold weather clothing spot for jogging attire? I am not sure how this all works. ( I don't have the EP yet)
  • Options
    It is an issue, because those sims are my sims, from my rotation game. Female lady who died a minute ago is the mother on my current household. They live next door. None of NPT died yet.
  • Options
    Just a 'me too' here. On release day an NPC jogger froze (Marcus Flex) outside the gym and everyone ran out to witness his death and reaping. Since everyone had been working out in exercise gear a chain reaction kicked off freezing ten sims before I quit out. I'd post a pic but I get the 'must be around longer to post this' plum.

LittleMsSam has a small mod to fix this problem that she's working on in her Discord support channel in the #feedback channel. Just search for "no freezing to death mod" in the discussion there for a link. I can't seem to post any links but you should be able to find LittleMSSam, she's a prominent modder.

thank you, I'll install it.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Yeah it will keep happening because sims have to switch to their cold outfits, but to jog they auto switch to their work out attire which will never be cold or heat safe as they aren't part of the cold/heat outfits. Seems like something they sort of forgot about when they made this expack. I turned off all the temp effects until I get hot/cold outfits setup, but a huge oversight imo.

It makes me wonder if they should have added cold/hot outfits in the normal categories instead because the way this works right now isn't going to work long-term. Sims love to jog when you aren't playing them.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    hmae123 wrote: »
    The way they did clothing doesn’t work and this is further proof.

The only way to prevent them from heat stroke and freezing to death is by dressing them in the cold or hot outfits. It doesn’t matter what they wear as long as it was selected as a hot or cold outfit.

But here’s the problem.. whenever a sim jogs, jogs with the dog, plays basketball or does anything active they change into active wear. Doesn’t matter if you give them sweats and jacket as active wear since it’s not cold wear they’ll freeze to death.

The same problems will occur in the hot summer days cause they won’t be in their hot clothes. Even if their active wear is skimpier then a swimsuit. They’ll get heat stroke after jogging.
    If they go swimming they change into swim wear so after a dip if they hang out in their suit they’ll get heat stroke. Which makes no sense.

The other thing that bugs me is once they change into cold clothes they don’t change out of them even after they go inside to their warm house. I don’t want my sims having dinner in a hat and mittens. Or seeing townies in a restaurant in winter gear. I really wish they would’ve just given us outerwear like in previous games, and then added the hot wear category for very hot days. (But still allowed swim wear to be considered okay to wear in hot weather)

We need some tweaking here very badly, it’s a major shame because I adore this EP so much, but the clothing thing doesn’t work at all.

100% agreed.
    I couldn't find mod to prevent more deaths.