Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardener work from home earns too little

“ My Sim’s Boss was satisfied with her work at home and she earned 10 Simoleons...”
Seriously? That’s less than the money I used to purchase seeds.
Anyone also has this issue?

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes, I've had my gardener sim work from home twice and each time she has earned only 10 Simoleons despite completing the work from home objective.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I didn't notice what my gardener earned -- he started a ltevel 3 though since he had the Connections purchasable trait (he worked as a Secret Agent till shortly before Seasons came out then quit his job.

Remember that you can also earn money by selling the crops you harvest at home. I wonder if the career takes that into account.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I didn't notice what my gardener earned -- he started a ltevel 3 though since he had the Connections purchasable trait (he worked as a Secret Agent till shortly before Seasons came out then quit his job.

Remember that you can also earn money by selling the crops you harvest at home. I wonder if the career takes that into account.

I thought that might be the case. Just wonder because this is different from the three careers in City Living.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

I think it definitely takes that into account. So far my sim has only been given 1 easily accomplished task a day. After that's done I have the rest of the day to tend to the garden and that's where most of her income comes from.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I don’t mind the low pay either as she seems to get a lot more for her plants now.

I have noticed though that when I have her go to work and communicate with co-workers she doesn’t actually meet anyone. I was really hoping to find her a love interest in her field of work as I felt they’d be very compatible, but it’s not working.

Anyone else having this issue? Maybe it’s just gonna take time for that career to get filled with npc coworkers.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I figured pay was low because they earn from the garden.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it could very well be bugged, though. i was thinking the same, about 'well, they make a bunch from selling the harvestables' (esp with my main household, who already had everything but the new plants at perfect quality). but, they also make $10 every time they get promoted, and their promotion sheets say they earn 'x amount an hour' and even get bonuses, though when the florist got a $500 bonus, i didn't see their finances go up by that amount.

and, in response to @hmae123, i've checked (via a mod) and found that i have exactly three sims in the gardening career...all three sims i put there, myself. so it seems to not fill up like others (even the scouts got 3 new members when my first teen joined)
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I don’t mind the low pay either as she seems to get a lot more for her plants now.

I have noticed though that when I have her go to work and communicate with co-workers she doesn’t actually meet anyone. I was really hoping to find her a love interest in her field of work as I felt they’d be very compatible, but it’s not working.

Anyone else having this issue? Maybe it’s just gonna take time for that career to get filled with npc coworkers.

I think it’s not guaranteed to meet someone new. Sometimes they meet someone and at others times they don’t.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for your responses! I’ve tried 4 times now to only communicate with coworkers and no luck.

I have an idea though, I’ll hire a gardener then become friends with them, and see if their compatible, and then fire them and repeat until I find the perfect match for her. Who needs simder?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I assumed it was a bug.
    Taking into consideration the crops you might sell doesn't seem realistic to me since in order to do that you don't need to join any career. The tasks are too easy though so I don't know.
    But in their career sheet it clearly says how much they get paid per hour so I don't think it is supposed to be 10 a day.
    I am a bit confused by it to be honest.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2018
    Are you including the money you get as you complete your daily assignments? That's where the bulk of the pay comes from in CL careers. Haven't tried the new Gardening careers yet though.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses! I’ve tried 4 times now to only communicate with coworkers and no luck.

I have an idea though, I’ll hire a gardener then become friends with them, and see if their compatible, and then fire them and repeat until I find the perfect match for her. Who needs simder?

Could it be that there aren't any other Sims who are working in the gardening career? Whenever I get my sims to 'meet' people at work, they seem to meet the pre-mades/other sims I've made and assigned to that career, rather than NPCs. It could be because it's a new job no one has gotten it as a career?
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Me too. My sim has a massive garden though so it's not like she needs the money, but it's still annoying, definitely so for those with smaller gardens and thus less $$$ to be earned from them.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Are you including the money you get as you complete your daily assignments? That's where the bulk of the pay comes from in CL careers. Haven't tried the new Gardening careers yet though.
    Yup! Just 10 Simoleons, LOL. Now I know it’s an evil and greedy company :/
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i actually like it this way adds more challenge plus you get a lot of money frmo harvestebles
  • RassRass Posts: 29 Member
    The point isn´t the 10 bucks for the day, it is the message you get that your Sims boss is satisfied with your Sims work. My Sim had this only once in two weeks, but other players in my forum had this nearly every workday for their Sims.
  • amaixyasaiamaixyasai Posts: 21 Member
    It’s November 2018 and the glitch is still with us. I’m going insane!!!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The gardening career is useless now that we can simply call ourselves self-employed gardeners with the new patch. The rewards are basically basegame objects too, and unless you want to wear a new gardening outfit or botanist outfit, the career path is pointless.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

I think it does. My Sim is a level 8 florist and has been one for all of her adult life. She's earned an absolute fortune selling crops and flower arrangements alone.
    giphy.gif
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Yup! Just 10 Simoleons, LOL. Now I know it’s an evil and greedy company :/

Everyone want realism, right? What value can a gardener working from home possibly have to an employer? A gardener works other people's gardens, they don't get paid to work their own. If the employer were getting a percentage of the harvested items on the days when the gardener works from home, that would be one thing, but since the employer doesn't, the gardener might as well be taking a day off.

Imagine if you worked as a chef at a restaurant and called your boss to say you were working from home. You spend the whole day cooking food for your family, but you're producing nothing that the owner can serve at his restaurant. "My chef is working from home today, so you'll have to go to her house if you want to order food. Meanwhile, have some breadsticks." Some jobs can't be done at home, and it's actually sort of ridiculous that the 'work from home' option was included in the gardener career.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018
    The gardening career is useless now that we can simply call ourselves self-employed gardeners with the new patch. The rewards are basically basegame objects too, and unless you want to wear a new gardening outfit or botanist outfit, the career path is pointless.

Yeah, I think it was essentially just a way to be a self employed gardener/farmer with a title. It's a bit odd that they gave us that and not long after the ability to make up our own titles.
    A bit off topic but I think it would kind of nice if you could have career levels being self employed. You wouldn't get a paycheck and It would have to be something simple and across the board like amount of money earned. Maybe an entrepreneurial reward/award. I'm sure it would be pretty impossible though and I'm just happy that we can give our sims a title.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    @invisiblgirl I feel like it would feel a little more realistic if they had called it a (self employed?) farmer career. I appreciate that they gave us a way to legitimize and have a career title for my millionaire "unemployed" gardener/farmer sims but it is pretty awkward. I haven't paid much attention to the actual career though...I basically just used it for the title.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial