Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MY SIM WALKED INTO THE LAKE AT WILLOW CREEK!

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
My sim Jagger walked right into the body of water in Willow Creek! ....

tumblr_pauvy04m0I1vlpz0do1_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pauvxyaRqm1uzfmd4_540.png

tumblr_pauw72VybH1vlpz0do1_1280.png

Could this mean they started work on opening the bodies of water for swimming and such??! This is great!

Comments

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Could this mean they started work on opening the bodies of water for swimming and such??! This is great!

This is awesome! Possibly you found a little hidden treasure here! I never have seen this before Seasons! I have to try that too in my next playtime! :smile:

• Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

This is awesome! Possibly you found a little hidden treasure here! I never have seen this before Seasons! I have to try that too in my next playtime! :smile:

I added 2 more pics to my original post! I made him listen to earbuds and he's still standing in the water! He walked in after getting into argument with his sister Tasha! I really would love all bodies of water opened soon!!! :)
  • Options
    NOW I GOT HIS SISTER TO JOIN HIM! :smile:

tumblr_pauwe8n4nI1vlpz0do1_1280.png
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LOL she's drowning though :smiley: That's really funny that you found this little "feature" LOL
  • Options
    Another angle AND I can click on him to interact and argue with!

tumblr_pauwijKrGy1vlpz0do1_1280.png

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I want to try this! Where in Willow Creek is it? Is it only possible in one specific area or all the water in Willow Creek?
  • Options
    I want to try this! Where in Willow Creek is it? Is it only possible in one specific area or all the water in Willow Creek?

I never directed him to do it and there is no way to click on the ground under the water. What happened was they were both fishing and then I had them get into argument and he angrily walked away right into the water! lol
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Okay, that's interesting though. Does make you wonder if they're working on it. Gives me hope.
  • Options
    Now I got the dad to join them! :

tumblr_pauwuolkXj1vlpz0do1_1280.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

This is getting disturbing :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

This is getting disturbing :D

Disturbingly awesome!!!! LOL
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member

tumblr_pauvy04m0I1vlpz0do1_1280.png

tumblr_pauw72VybH1vlpz0do1_1280.png

They have to make bodies of water swimable because I'm 99% sure we'll get a tropical pack and what's a tropical pack if you can't swim somewhere other than in pools? B)

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    what's a tropical pack if you can't swim somewhere other than in pools? B)
    It'd be realistic.
    ADar301.jpg
    W-Crocodile-warning-sign-at-Cahills-Crossing-Kakadu-National-Park.jpg
    Palm-Cove-signage.jpg

You don't want to go swimming in tropical northern Australia, not if you want to live.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    what's a tropical pack if you can't swim somewhere other than in pools? B)
    It'd be realistic.
    ADar301.jpg
    W-Crocodile-warning-sign-at-Cahills-Crossing-Kakadu-National-Park.jpg
    Palm-Cove-signage.jpg

You don't want to go swimming in tropical northern Australia, not if you want to live.

Crazy part is people jump in the waters anyway and then wanna complain on the news when they’re missing limbs lol
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    This is such a cool discovery! Hope this is a sign they make all the worlds swimmable at some point.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    That would be REALLY cool if they opened up the waters! :open_mouth:
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    OMG, thank you for ginving me hope
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I saw a pic the other day of a sim on a roof and now in a lake. Oh boy.. this is getting a little strange. Lol.

I would love it if they made lakes swimmable but I don’t really have high hopes for it.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2018
    During the stream (I think?) they said they had to edit the worlds for Seasons (to add seasonal food booths/rinks etc) and they edited other things while they were there.

As soon as they said that I guessed this might be one of those things, but hadn't got around to testing it yet.

Maybe they also made changes to the roads :p
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'm guessing that it means Maxis might be making water routable. For sims to be able to swim, they have to be able to navigate the body of water. I don't know if they'd make all water swimmable because that would be a HUGE amount of work, but if they do, that would seriously just be so awesome!
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Swimmable water coming to TS4 confirmed.
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I saw a pic the other day of a sim on a roof and now in a lake. Oh boy.. this is getting a little strange. Lol.

And ninjas...?
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Aw man, this would be great - and looks promising! I suppose they wouldn't have to edit all bodies of water to be swimmable - just certain areas? I hope it's not just a routing bug that came with Seasons though - one of my Sims inexplicably walked out on to her roof the other day, which I am guessing is not intended.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I sure hope so. It would make Seasons amazing, being able to chill on the beach during a heatwave.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    My sceptical mind is telling me that this is a bug, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I do hope that they are working on winnable oceans or something! How kuch cooler would all the beaches be if that were the case! Let's hope an island paradise style pack is in the works which will allow Sims to swim in all the bodies of water :) that would be super fun!
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    When I first started up Seasons I noticed that water looked different (surface reflections, etc.). I suspected that someone was "working" on the water in the game. This might be confirmation of your guess alan650111.