Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extended Family Mod? WCIF

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 2
In TS2 your Sim's uncle/aunt can have a relationship with his/her niece. Also, in my game, if there are two uncles only one is recognized as a part of the family. :/ Both are no longer recognized once the niece/nephew ages up to YA/Adult. Cousins can have romantic relationship once they grow up, too. (Even in the same household). Is there a mod to keep families in and out of the house- related?

ETA: I have also noticed it depends on who you say the uncle/aunt is related to if there are more than two siblings. Example: Roger and Elizabeth are sister/brother. If Quentin is Elizabeth's brother then he will not be related to Roger's son. Though he is still Roger's brother, too. It depends on who you tie the next brother/sister to in the CAS relationship panel even if all are siblings, it counts until the kids grow up. But he may or may not be related to David (Roger's son) at all even if it says he is Roger's brother if you tied him to Elizabeth first.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    there is a mod on modthesims
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like your game may be a bit messed up. Aunts and Uncles do recognize their nieces and nephews. First cousins do recognize each other.

And your example makes no sense. If Quentin is Elizabeth's brother and Roger is also Elizabeth's brother, then Quentin and Roger are brothers to each other.

I'm linking to you one of my Sims 2 family trees. Give me an example based on the Sims in the tree linked as I'm not following you or your example and have not had any Aunts and Uncles not recognize their nieces and nephews and no first cousins who don't recognize each other.

http://familyecho.com/?p=IQX2B&c=2ehaqcxqfw&f=542884288635395166

Edit to add: Rereading it, it makes me think this is due to siblings made in CAS issue. Is this the case?
    Post edited by Seera1024 on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Sounds like your game may be a bit messed up. Aunts and Uncles do recognize their nieces and nephews. First cousins do recognize each other.

And your example makes no sense. If Quentin is Elizabeth's brother and Roger is also Elizabeth's brother, then Quentin and Roger are brothers to each other.

I'm linking to you one of my Sims 2 family trees. Give me an example based on the Sims in the tree linked as I'm not following you or your example and have not had any Aunts and Uncles not recognize their nieces and nephews and no first cousins who don't recognize each other.

http://familyecho.com/?p=IQX2B&c=2ehaqcxqfw&f=542884288635395166

Edit to add: Rereading it, it makes me think this is due to siblings made in CAS issue. Is this the case?

Yes, it probably is a CAS issue if your family tree doesn't have this problem. I premake my Sims in Bodyshop then tie them together in CAS since I usually play characters now more than actual born in game Sims.

@FearlessButterfly, thank you. I was hoping somone over they eventually created one. It's weird the uncle finds a niece romantically attractive. I'll go search I just didn't know what they may have called it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.