Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy mega mod

CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
HI all, I use the pregnancy mega mod all the time and have for a very long time. Today a very bad, sad, devastating thing happened and I wanted to caution everyone using it. There is a miscarriage setting on it now and even though I changed nothing apparently this horrible thing can happen. My Lunar Challenge girl was expecting and this time with all the children she has I was too busy to look. When it came time to have the baby she went to the bassinet and nothing happened ...until, this notice came up and said, "MISCARRIAGE!!" Not only was she very sad, and I mean very but she lost triplets! And they show up in portraits! I wanted a little girl so badly too as she only has the one and then four boys, two sets of twins. Now, I am upset and did not save but quit to go back to an earlier save and see if I can rectify this horror. I realise it puts more realism in the game but that is far to real.

Comments

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    The like is for the warning, not for the horrible thing that happened to your sim. I hope going back to an earlier save gives you a happier outcome.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    The like is for the warning, not for the horrible thing that happened to your sim. I hope going back to an earlier save gives you a happier outcome.

Yes it did and when I looked the miscarriage was set at 50%!!! So I changed that and she had triplets x2 making it six but only three showed so I figured it was the game undoing whatever had happened. I was thrilled to get my babies back let me tell you as they are the 7th, 8th and 9th in a challenge. Thank you for responding, that made my day!
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    That's awful, I'm glad you managed to get them back
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    How horrible! As a person who is infertile irl, that would have really upset me. There are some things we don’t need in the Sims and miscarriage is one of them.
    I finished the challenge and yes got the triplets back! They are called Sage, Noah and Caleb so not the little ones in the photo. cnhah.png
  • SimLover195SimLover195 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @CalebFillion said:
    > Idontrcall wrote: »
    >
    > The like is for the warning, not for the horrible thing that happened to your sim. I hope going back to an earlier save gives you a happier outcome.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes it did and when I looked the miscarriage was set at 50%!!! So I changed that and she had triplets x2 making it six but only three showed so I figured it was the game undoing whatever had happened. I was thrilled to get my babies back let me tell you as they are the 7th, 8th and 9th in a challenge. Thank you for responding, that made my day!

I know I am a bit late with this, but how do you change the miscarriage settings, as I cannot find it anywhere!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    While I am well-aware miscarriages happen (and far more than anyone realizes, something on the order of 1 in 3) I have suffered a miscarriage in RL, after struggling with infertility. I had already managed two children, we went for our third child and I was back with the same emotions about not being able to conceive. Lost a baby, and then had our third and final child, but conceiving him took time. He's 8 and 10 years younger than his older brother and sister. :open_mouth: The older two were 4 and 6 when we started this venture.

It's hard enough on a Sim when she fails to get pregnant. I had one just cry and cry and cry. I remember only too well, my own tears.

I don't use the mod you use. In fact, this is the first time I've heard of it. Instead, I use MCCC, which does allow the player to stop a pregnancy. I never use that. So glad you discovered the setting was so high and that you could roll back a save and restore your game. Phew!
    > @CalebFillion said:
    >
    > The like is for the warning, not for the horrible thing that happened to your sim. I hope going back to an earlier save gives you a happier outcome.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes it did and when I looked the miscarriage was set at 50%!!! So I changed that and she had triplets x2 making it six but only three showed so I figured it was the game undoing whatever had happened. I was thrilled to get my babies back let me tell you as they are the 7th, 8th and 9th in a challenge. Thank you for responding, that made my day!

I know I am a bit late with this, but how do you change the miscarriage settings, as I cannot find it anywhere!

Welcome to the forums!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AsheEllwoodAsheEllwood Posts: 31 Member
    > @SimLover195 said:
    >
    > I know I am a bit late with this, but how do you change the miscarriage settings, as I cannot find it anywhere!

I have the same question!
    > @SimLover195 said:
    >
    > I know I am a bit late with this, but how do you change the miscarriage settings, as I cannot find it anywhere!

I have the same question!

You click on miscarriage and it should come up then enter your number in percent 5, 10, 25, whatever you want and it should be fine. You will have to restart your game. I am not using this one any longer as it conflicts with MCCC and I like deaderpools mod much more!
    While I am well-aware miscarriages happen (and far more than anyone realizes, something on the order of 1 in 3) I have suffered a miscarriage in RL, after struggling with infertility. I had already managed two children, we went for our third child and I was back with the same emotions about not being able to conceive. Lost a baby, and then had our third and final child, but conceiving him took time. He's 8 and 10 years younger than his older brother and sister. :open_mouth: The older two were 4 and 6 when we started this venture.

It's hard enough on a Sim when she fails to get pregnant. I had one just cry and cry and cry. I remember only too well, my own tears.

I don't use the mod you use. In fact, this is the first time I've heard of it. Instead, I use MCCC, which does allow the player to stop a pregnancy. I never use that. So glad you discovered the setting was so high and that you could roll back a save and restore your game. Phew!
    > @CalebFillion said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Welcome to the forums!

I am so very sorry for your loss. My sister in law lost three and so this was just appalling for me. I have since taken it out and use MCCC exclusively now. The two have become incompatible due to creator rivalry and I had to make a choice.
  • AlexandriaJadeAlexandriaJade Posts: 31 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss, I too have had a miscarriage. I use LittleMsSams pregnancy mod and have had sims lose their babies. It's sad, but unfortunately it is a part of life :/ i use the mod to add more realism.