Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why is there no rain effect?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I definitely have rain effects on all bodies of water. There are rain splats when my sim walks in the rain. I see random mud puddles.
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    I have rain effects on ultra settings. Maybe it's your graphics card? There are ripples in swimming pools and natural pools. The only body of water that doesn't have rain effects is the kiddie pool
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i do have effects on pools and lakes but i really hope they patch roof and ground effects in this would really add to the immersion for me and a lot of other simmers those are the little things that keep you invested in the game
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I am hoping this is something they can patch in. The sims 3 had so many more visual effects with the rain. It used to drip from the roofs, in all bodies or water big or small and more importantly it used to also show indication that it was actually hitting the ground.

If not maybe a modder will make this happen ( though this should already be a given in a EP focused on weather.)
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh, you mean like this?

VePPGTc.jpg

Or better still, this:

l91kOb1.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Oh, you mean like this?

VePPGTc.jpg

Or better still, this:

l91kOb1.jpg

Yes that.

The sims 2 amd 3 did it fine, I checked last night when I was playing 2 and water bounces off the ground and you could see the effect on the puddles and other water sources. Heck even in an indie game that is a full open world with seasons they manage to get the rain correct. (And the game is early access)

It’s not the end of the world but it’s slightly immersion breaking. My graphics are on ultra on both our gaming rigs and the water only hits ponds, pools and fountains.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I don’t think there are any rain drops on pools/puddles/ground. There is on natural water (lakes, ponds).

There are effects though. There is water kicked up from shoes while walking, from tires as cars drive by, drops of water when your sim gets wet, plus the rain drops on lakes and such.

Could there be more? Of course! More is always better. Honestly though, it doesn’t break the immersion for me one bit. I’m having more fun with seasons than I have playing the sims in a long time. I hope you’re enjoying playing (despite the topic of this thread) as well! :)

I feel that same way. I haven't been this excited and satisfied with anything TS4. I feel like they're getting better and better with content and yes there's going to be more bugs and glitches as the game gets more complicated but they seem to be pretty well on top of things. I just try and remember that the game's never going to be the perfect dream for every player. Often what one player loves another hates.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Tapio75Tapio75 Posts: 12 New Member
    I dont seem to get the nice effect on roofs that Sims 3 had when its raining. It was always so great looking at those tiny "waterfalls" pour down to the ground from the edge of the roof.

Still, when comparing those two 3&4 Seasons, the Sims 3 definetely have more effects and it looks way better than thi "New engine" Sims 4 is supposed to have. Perphaps they come later, i do hope so, but the lack of those small things is big disappointment. Rather would had the seasonal activities patched in later and gardening changes saved to later to give more resources to the weather effects. The sounds though, are superb compared to Sims 3.