Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a working mod for reduced random npc townies

I was using the AKlsimmer reduced random townies but wasn't sure if it still works. I really want a mod to use the sims i have instead of spawning more and more random new npcs for bartenders, baristas, landlords, retail, etc.

Comments

• ipippinipippin Posts: 37 Member
    I'm fairly sure deleting some unplayed households in world management would remove the disliked townies, would it not? I believe you can also have settings to not fill houses.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I think there's one by weerbesu on MTS.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Old topic, but this is the one I use. It nearly stops townie generation completely rather than just reducing it, though. It was working last patch but I can't confirm if it's still working after today's patch, I haven't played to test it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    edited August 2018
    AKlsimmer reduced random townies on MTS has been updated for seasons http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595445
  • MonoChaosMonoChaos Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this is a rather old thread but I thought it'd be better to revive it than start a new one for the exact same purpose. AKLsimmer is no longer updating their mod and the latest version on the one by Paulson is locked behind a paywall on patreon. So my question is does anyone know of a working FREE mod that will accomplish what these two mods accomplish? I hardly have enough money to buy the packs so as much as I'd like to support modders I just can't.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    MonoChaos wrote: »
    I know this is a rather old thread but I thought it'd be better to revive it than start a new one for the exact same purpose. AKLsimmer is no longer updating their mod and the latest version on the one by Paulson is locked behind a paywall on patreon. So my question is does anyone know of a working FREE mod that will accomplish what these two mods accomplish? I hardly have enough money to buy the packs so as much as I'd like to support modders I just can't.

The version of NPCC on MTS is actually compatible with the latest game patch so you can use that one.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • MonoChaosMonoChaos Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EIisabetta said:
    > MonoChaos wrote: »
    >
    > I know this is a rather old thread but I thought it'd be better to revive it than start a new one for the exact same purpose. AKLsimmer is no longer updating their mod and the latest version on the one by Paulson is locked behind a paywall on patreon. So my question is does anyone know of a working FREE mod that will accomplish what these two mods accomplish? I hardly have enough money to buy the packs so as much as I'd like to support modders I just can't.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The version of NPCC on MTS is actually compatible with the latest game patch so you can use that one.

The version on MTS throws an LE and multiple script errors when trying to grab a gardener which is a must have for the save I'm playing. So although it's compatible it's not fully working.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    MonoChaos wrote: »
    > @EIisabetta said:
    > MonoChaos wrote: »
    >
    > I know this is a rather old thread but I thought it'd be better to revive it than start a new one for the exact same purpose. AKLsimmer is no longer updating their mod and the latest version on the one by Paulson is locked behind a paywall on patreon. So my question is does anyone know of a working FREE mod that will accomplish what these two mods accomplish? I hardly have enough money to buy the packs so as much as I'd like to support modders I just can't.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The version of NPCC on MTS is actually compatible with the latest game patch so you can use that one.

The version on MTS throws an LE and multiple script errors when trying to grab a gardener which is a must have for the save I'm playing. So although it's compatible it's not fully working.

The mod on MTS has been updated, just in case you haven't looked lately.
    moxiegraphix on Origin