Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I only see filenumber.png, not the actual image.

If not the right place, pls move

Why do i see most images on the forum as 29324.png (the number is just for example).
I mean i dont see the actual images, just this number. It happens for months now and when I upload something or when someone else does. Others can see, just not me. Who else has this? its probably a codex problem on my windows, but what can i do to fix it? Didint come far with a google search, cause it was all specific to windows pics and not on forums or online.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How are you uploading images? You need to first upload them to a photo-sharing site, then use the image-showing code here to link to the image.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    How are you uploading images? You need to first upload them to a photo-sharing site, then use the image-showing code here to link to the image.

Ofcourse i know that. This is not the issue. I could always see the images on this forum or upload my own from websites like tinypic or imgur. Since a year or so, most images on the forum are shown as numberfile.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Huh. No idea, then. What browser are you using?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

firefox. i think its a codex problem, but was hoping someone could send me a simple link where i can download the fix.
    I use AVG, malwarebytes and i see windows protection is open too. I checked the exceptions tab from AVG and Malwarebytes and added http://forums.thesims.com and thesims.com into them, but nothing changed.

I didnt really get what the other simmer is talking about in her instructions. I dont have F-Secure also.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    I use AVG, malwarebytes and i see windows protection is open too. I checked the exceptions tab from AVG and Malwarebytes and added http://forums.thesims.com and thesims.com into them, but nothing changed.

I didnt really get what the other simmer is talking about in her instructions. I dont have F-Secure also.

The instructions are for simmers who have the F Secure program.
    I am sorry that you are still having issues :(
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member

firefox. i think its a codex problem, but was hoping someone could send me a simple link where i can download the fix.

I think @luthienrising was thinking the same thing I was thinking when I read your post. Have you tried using other browsers? Sometimes I have problems in one browser, but not another for certain websites.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    ehaught58 wrote: »

I think @luthienrising was thinking the same thing I was thinking when I read your post. Have you tried using other browsers? Sometimes I have problems in one browser, but not another for certain websites.

I will try another browser now and let you know ;)
    Nope the same problem with windows explorer Edge. I will contact Windows i think. Its just annoying cause i cant find an answer on google too.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Yes, I see those all the time. When a full image address link is posted, the forum actually only shows the image name on the post, but it does associate it to the full address link that was put. Things can change quickly with the image hosting sites that are used, and many people don't always update their links, so the image name remains on the post but the images people viewed and commented on before no longer load from the associated link. The problem is usually not because of your browser or Windows.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This may not be related but for someone who has problems all the time (Me) with websites no longer supporting Windows 7 browser, when is the last time you updated Adobe Flash? then restarted your pc? Just a thought. And maybe clearing all your cookies and resetting favorite website bookmarks.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Most of all my pictures from here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890930/my-s3-game/p7 do not work anymore either and I didn't change anything, it just stopped showing. There are a lot of these from the image host site that have stopped working from various other posts of mine as well.

All recent images work fine so I don't know what the problem is. Using a different browser shows the same results.

Before when I tried to edit and re-copy the links, it didn't work. But now as you can see I re-copied the link and now it works and I have to do that for every single one from Post Image. I do remember seeing some kind of error message from Post Image but I wasn't really paying attention so not sure if that was related.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    @Deshong04, I noticed PostImage stated they had to change postimg.org to postimg.cc without prior notice because of an issue. Your first screenshot address does properly have postimg.cc so the image loads, but all the others still have .org.

I copied one .org address and put it in Google images. It showed up fine with both .org and .cc. I think if you go into your posts and just edit the .org to .cc it will load on the forum. Try one and see. It should be quicker than replacing entire links because Yikes, you have a lot of screenshots!
    Yes, I see those all the time. When a full image address link is posted, the forum actually only shows the image name on the post, but it does associate it to the full address link that was put. Things can change quickly with the image hosting sites that are used, and many people don't always update their links, so the image name remains on the post but the images people viewed and commented on before no longer load from the associated link. The problem is usually not because of your browser or Windows.

I dont think this is the case, cause if I upload my own pics it happens too. If i use any website like imgur.com or imgbb.com, it happens.
    When I use tinypic, its ok for some reason. But when I dont see a pic and 1 min later someone else reacts on that pic an can see it, im pretty sure there something wrong with my pc/browser or whatever it is. We can however test it or something. if someone is willing to upload a pic on these 3 websites mentioned above maybe???

Cinebar wrote: »
    This may not be related but for someone who has problems all the time (Me) with websites no longer supporting Windows 7 browser, when is the last time you updated Adobe Flash? then restarted your pc? Just a thought. And maybe clearing all your cookies and resetting favorite website bookmarks.

Im using windows 10 and have just updates my flash adobe player, I also deleted browser extensions and add ons that people were talking about to cause the problem. But nothing changed. I didnt even have extensions/add ons btw.
    I also deleted the cookies and used other browsers, but its not fixing. I think i need to download something, but have no idea what...
    @Simberella777 Thanks. It works when when I change the .org to .cc and now the road ahead to updating all of that will be a lot easier and quicker. I know what the problem is and how to fix it thanks to you. :smiley:
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    @FurSimsOriginal, Yeah, I can now see your problem is obviously different. Sorry I couldn't help. Can you see imgur pics posted by others, like these?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16355136/#Comment_16355136
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16427135/#Comment_16427135

I can see them and I use Firefox. I don't know of any pics using imgbb, sorry. Can you direct me to the post you were using to test out the two browsers? Also, if I may ask, on your Firefox browser on this forum, do you have a shield or green lock on the left corner of the address bar?

Of course, you don't have to answer any of these as I'm only curious because I love to look things up to help others but can't advise a single thing about Windows 10, sorry.

@Deshong04, I'm so glad to know I was able to help someone! Good luck with your tedious editing task, haha! I did check your posts again though and they really look good!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2018
    This sounds like a Windows problem to me. Start from the beginning and try to remember what changed for you and your pc about a year ago when you said this problem started to occur for you. Many with Windows 10 have these type issues as I recall even if they do try a different browser and if I recall correctly it had something to do with how Windows 10 allows websites to be viewed in broswer settings or something. Even if you are using a different one. That's why I stick with something I know I can eventually fix and do not care or want 10. Way to many hitches for my taste. MS has some help support topics abou this but I can't link them because when I try that my browser doesn't allow me, so sorry I can't link but it does make sense to me. But maybe not even the problem.

ETA: Scroll to the bottom of this thread where MS gives some answers over on CNet. If any of this makes sense. (Old but still relevant.)

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/can-t-see-pictures-just-little-boxes-319906/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Simberella777 Thank you. :)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”