Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim did homework once and earned a "Scholarly Aptitude" Badge!

I kid you not but my newly scouted sim Troy did homework ONE TIME and earned a "Scholarly Aptitude" badge! That is ridiculously easy! I hope they are seriously going to re tune the requirements for these badges. This has to be the EASIEST thing I have ever seen! Anyone else mess with the scouts and badges?

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am back again to report he just got the "Give Back" badge. He literally did a few funny interactions to make his dad laugh and earned it. I just gave this kid the scouting career like 10 real life minutes ago. I wasn't even trying to get a badge when this happened. This surely can't be intentional gameplay mechanic? Surely it must be a bug? lol
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's probably intentional. I can understand it. The kids and teens have a lot on their plates as it is, between school 5 days a week, homework, character values, projects, the aspiration traits for the kids, and part time jobs for the teens. If the badges were any harder to get, the reward from them probably wouldn't be worth the time and effort.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    If you have all the kid related packs, especially Parenting, it probably won't seem quite so easy. They have to keep that in mind for balancing purposes. If, say, you only have basegame and Seasons, then yeah. Of course, then there's other things like GT clubs they might be a part of too.

The scouting thing is less about the completion of it and more about giving a good purpose to skilling kids up, beyond just the skill grind. At least that's how I see it. It's like irl, a kid is more likely to do some activity or chore, if there's incentive for them to. More immersive that way, I think.

I also hope that by having this system now in game, it could lead to others like it. Maybe other 'activities/jobs' for kids (and teens especially).
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    It's probably intentional. I can understand it. The kids and teens have a lot on their plates as it is, between school 5 days a week, homework, character values, projects, the aspiration traits for the kids, and part time jobs for the teens. If the badges were any harder to get, the reward from them probably wouldn't be worth the time and effort.

But doing homework ONCE? Having a funny conversation with a few socials with Dad ONCE? That is not even gameplay really. You should never accidentally complete a mechanic, in my opinion, by doing a normal interaction. It just doesn't make sense to even add if it's so incredibly simple.