Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't load after Season's instalment + Seasons update.

Greetings!

My sims 4 game is running fine, but when I try to play on my saved file it just is an endless loading screen. I'm not sure if it is because my sims are on holiday or if they are in Granite Falls, but I haven't got to try the new Seasons Pack after an hour of installing.

Comments

• Diva1234Diva1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    My game is doing the same thing.
  • PhreshxxxBearPhreshxxxBear Posts: 14 New Member
    Mine is also doing this.
  • CaptainGeek1014CaptainGeek1014 Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't even downloaded the season pack yet, and it stays on the loading screen when I try to play my sims.
  • ArcticPlumBobArcticPlumBob Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! So, I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded it, and am able to use and play w/ Seasons CAS. I just am stuck on an endless loading screen on my way to Brindleton Bay fresh from cas.
  • ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2018
    My game is doing the same. It launches fine, when I go to load a game, and click on the household I want to play, it goes to a loading screen, then take me right back to manage world. So, I check to see if my mods were acting up. When I did, it said mod conflicts, so I deleted all the bad CC. Then I went to start my game. When disabling mods in my game, it worked fine, but when I have mods enabled to use in my game, it doesn't work. I don't know if Seasons is compatible with mods or not. I don't know if it's a bug they're still working on or what. So far the mods being enabled doesn't let me play my game, unless I uninstall seasons. I love mods and I'm excited for seasons. I also tried repairing my game. It's something with the mods. I hope they fix whatever it might be, so we can still use our mods.
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    ChelleyJay wrote: »
    My game is doing the same. It launches fine, when I go to load a game, and click on the household I want to play, it goes to a loading screen, then take me right back to manage world. So, I check to see if my mods were acting up. When I did, it said mod conflicts, so I deleted all the bad CC. Then I went to start my game. When disabling mods in my game, it worked fine, but when I have mods enabled to use in my game, it doesn't work. I don't know if Seasons is compatible with mods or not. I don't know if it's a bug they're still working on or what. So far the mods being enabled doesn't let me play my game, unless I uninstall seasons. I love mods and I'm excited for seasons. I also tried repairing my game. It's something with the mods. I hope they fix whatever it might be, so we can still use our mods.

Yeah. I am obsessed with mods and can't live without them, and whenever I remove them it works. We might need to wait until the next update so that it is compatible with mods. I think it's the huge seasonal gardening change and the weather that isn't working as the CC doesn't have coding for the temperatures of the worlds, so it wouldn't make the sim too hot or too cold.
  • Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    I had that originally, but I updated MCC, stripped out all my other mods and CC, checked the list of okayed mods on SimsVIP, and only installed MCC in default, and the absolute basics of mods/cc to get by for the moment.
  • Rose8255Rose8255 Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven’t installed seasons either but my sims 4 keeps failing it’s update for when it came out. I have tried logging out and other suggestions but it keeps coming up as an error. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
  • jazymoojazymoo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I had the same problem (I think), I spent ages making my sims in cas and then when I went into the world it was just a loading screen. I looked up a list of CC that didn't work, and I removed the two things I recognised on there, MC Command Center and the go to school mod. It's working just fine for me now! Some of the CC creators have updated the mods since the seasons expansion pack, so make sure to check for that too if you really want to keep it in your game.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It is the Mods and CC that are causing problems in your game as many have yet to be updated for Seasons. Please remove all Mods/CC until you can confirm which Mods are updated and work with Seasons and the same with CC. Also note that some Mods will never be updated to work with Seasons and you may have to remove those entirely.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Layla122Layla122 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, Same thing is happening to me. I don't have seasons. I'm also not using script mods. Can anyone tell me how to find the broken cc? Thankuu im so upset
    Layla122 wrote: »
    Hello, Same thing is happening to me. I don't have seasons. I'm also not using script mods. Can anyone tell me how to find the broken cc? Thankuu im so upset

Hello
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    Try seeing if the mods/cc that you have are on the list.,and if they are broken and/or have been updated.

Then, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Copied this from rosemow. It might be your MCCC file that needs updating. This programs: MTS_DimitryMalfatto, helps me find mods that conflict with my game.
  • AmethysttttAmethystttt Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="ChelleyJay;c-16558150"]My game is doing the same. It launches fine, when I go to load a game, and click on the household I want to play, it goes to a loading screen, then take me right back to manage world. So, I check to see if my mods were acting up. When I did, it said mod conflicts, so I deleted all the bad CC. Then I went to start my game. When disabling mods in my game, it worked fine, but when I have mods enabled to use in my game, it doesn't work. I don't know if Seasons is compatible with mods or not. I don't know if it's a bug they're still working on or what. So far the mods being enabled doesn't let me play my game, unless I uninstall seasons. I love mods and I'm excited for seasons. I also tried repairing my game. It's something with the mods. I hope they fix whatever it might be, so we can still use our mods.[/quote]

[quote="ChelleyJay;c-16558150"]My game is doing the same. It launches fine, when I go to load a game, and click on the household I want to play, it goes to a loading screen, then take me right back to manage world. So, I check to see if my mods were acting up. When I did, it said mod conflicts, so I deleted all the bad CC. Then I went to start my game. When disabling mods in my game, it worked fine, but when I have mods enabled to use in my game, it doesn't work. I don't know if Seasons is compatible with mods or not. I don't know if it's a bug they're still working on or what. So far the mods being enabled doesn't let me play my game, unless I uninstall seasons. I love mods and I'm excited for seasons. I also tried repairing my game. It's something with the mods. I hope they fix whatever it might be, so we can still use our mods.[/quote]
  • AmethysttttAmethystttt Posts: 2 New Member
    For the past 2 hours after installing the new update and the seasons expansion pack I’ve finally been able to make my game work by reinstalling updated versions of my mods which are now compatible with the update and the EP. I installed a new version of MCCC and other mods in my game too and it’s finally working. I also repaired my game (which you can do by right clicking on sims in my game library in origin). I think it’s mainly down to mods, so just try and install updated versions which support Seasons
  • yee_simsyee_sims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ChelleyJay said:
    > My game is doing the same. It launches fine, when I go to load a game, and click on the household I want to play, it goes to a loading screen, then take me right back to manage world. So, I check to see if my mods were acting up. When I did, it said mod conflicts, so I deleted all the bad CC. Then I went to start my game. When disabling mods in my game, it worked fine, but when I have mods enabled to use in my game, it doesn't work. I don't know if Seasons is compatible with mods or not. I don't know if it's a bug they're still working on or what. So far the mods being enabled doesn't let me play my game, unless I uninstall seasons. I love mods and I'm excited for seasons. I also tried repairing my game. It's something with the mods. I hope they fix whatever it might be, so we can still use our mods.

Same here, except i don't have Seasons. How do you check to see if you have bad mods and cc?
    yee_sims wrote: »
    > @ChelleyJay said:
    > My game is doing the same. It launches fine, when I go to load a game, and click on the household I want to play, it goes to a loading screen, then take me right back to manage world. So, I check to see if my mods were acting up. When I did, it said mod conflicts, so I deleted all the bad CC. Then I went to start my game. When disabling mods in my game, it worked fine, but when I have mods enabled to use in my game, it doesn't work. I don't know if Seasons is compatible with mods or not. I don't know if it's a bug they're still working on or what. So far the mods being enabled doesn't let me play my game, unless I uninstall seasons. I love mods and I'm excited for seasons. I also tried repairing my game. It's something with the mods. I hope they fix whatever it might be, so we can still use our mods.

Same here, except i don't have Seasons. How do you check to see if you have bad mods and cc?

I've downloaded this program: MTS_DimitryMalfatto: http://modthesims.info/d/561550. to help me check bad CC that conflicts with my game so I can disable or delete it.
    @Chellyjay, Most programs that check for Mods/CC conflict are for Windows machines and this is the Mac Help section. To answer everyone else, there is no program for the Mac OS that checks for this, you'll have to do it manually, but removing all CC/Mods (except for those Mods identified on SimsVIP) and adding back only a few pieces at a time.
    edited June 2018
    @Chellyjay, Most programs that check for Mods/CC conflict are for Windows machines and this is the Mac Help section. To answer everyone else, there is no program for the Mac OS that checks for this, you'll have to do it manually, but removing all CC/Mods (except for those Mods identified on SimsVIP) and adding back only a few pieces at a time.

Oh. I didn't even realize that. My bad.
  • a_h228a_h228 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this trouble. After awhile of Seasons downloading, waiting impatiently and being very excited, I started my game up and chose one of my favorite households. It loaded and I became more excited to see what's new but it took me back to the town selector instead of the household I clicked to play. I tried it with several of my households and it still didn't work. And there's no way I'm getting rid of my CC so I looked up how to turn one off your expansion packs and I did until they release an update. So now I have to play my game without seeing weather or celebrating different seasons. :(
  • Mooki23Mooki23 Posts: 9 New Member
    My game will not work also. I can't load lots. I can't place a sim in a lot and when I do it deleted the sim. I can use CC and have removed it and it still won't work.
    I am very disappointed and let down by EA. We need an update as to when this is being patched.
    ChelleyJay wrote: »

Oh. I didn't even realize that. My bad.

No problem. :) The rest of the advice you gave them was spot on and I thank you. :)
    edited June 2018
    @a_h228 & @Mooki23, here is a quick fix to help you out and to get Season loaded and working for you.

1) Move your Sims 4 folder to your Desktop (Found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4). DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where your CC/Mods and saved games are.

2) Start up the game and allow a new Sims 4 folder to generate and try downloading Seasons or repair game if Seasons shows as being installed. To repair your game, right click on the Sims 4 cover illustration in your My Games Library in Origin. The option should show up and click on it. Allow it to fully run before trying to play.

3) Once repair game has run or the installation shows as complete, start up your game. You will not have your saved games and Mods/CC at this point, but do start a new game with a new sim and play for about an hour to insure that nothing else is wrong at this point.

4) Check the SimsVIP website for the list of Mods/CC that either need to be updated or are no longer compatible with Seasons. If you use any of these, check the website/blogs of the creators to see if they will be updating them or if they can be removed from your game.

5) If you own CC that is not listed on the website, you will either have to check with the creator to see if it still works. Unfortunately there is no program for the Mac OS that will show you "faulty" CC. You will have to cull it yourself by adding back a few pieces at a time. Start up your game and see if it works properly. And then add some more, start up your game. Wash, rinse, repeat.

6) Add back your saved games and either do without the Mods/CC or see Step 5.

EA/Maxis does not support the use of Mods/CC and they will not create a patch to make third party content work. It is the responsibility of the the third party to update the content.

EDIT:

Here is the link to SimsVIP for the list of Mods/CC.

https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/broken-mods-for-june-18-patch-seasons-ep/
    Post edited by Tremayne4260 on
  • Layla122Layla122 Posts: 5 New Member
    how do i find broken cc? i dont use script mods. plz help
    @Layla122, afraid it will be a manual process to eliminate bad CC. What you'll need to do is add a few pieces of CC back at a time. I color code mine so I know what I just recently added and can then eliminate the bad CC quickly. I add back only 10 items at a time personally. You can add more if you wish, but know that it will just make it harder to remove the bad CC. Once I add in the "new" CC, I start up my game and see if works properly. If it does then I can un-color the good CC and move on to next batch. If I find that the game isn't working when I add in the CC, I move out half of the "bad" batch. Start the game up, see if those are ok, if they are un-color that batch and then I can either add back in CC one at a time until I can eliminate the bad piece. Keep at this until you have gone through all your CC to remove the bad pieces. Sorry there isn't more good news, but I rarely play Sims 4 with a bunch of CC installed. I have maybe less then 50 all together.
  • Keito_HarajukuKeito_Harajuku Posts: 128 Member
    It is the Mods and CC that are causing problems in your game as many have yet to be updated for Seasons. Please remove all Mods/CC until you can confirm which Mods are updated and work with Seasons and the same with CC. Also note that some Mods will never be updated to work with Seasons and you may have to remove those entirely.

I tested my game without my CC/mods and it is still only allowing me to get into CAS and the loading screens. So I don't think it's just mods...