Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of new pets would you like to see?

Comments

• sinsimmersinsimmer Posts: 40 Member
    Parrots, Budgies and other pet birds
    I think more small fluffy pets would be cool, and maybe a place in game to adopt them. Horses would be cool, with stables and other farm animals, this could bring another world that could be more rural.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Bunnies, Ferrets and other fluffy small pets
    From the choices listed, I would want bunnies the most. However I think horses would be my first choice.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Something completely else - what?
    I'm making the assumption that bunnies and farm critters will come in a FARM/OFF THE GRID pack. So, all I would need is some kind of reptile (I would prefer Iguana over snake) and a bird of some kind (like a parrot or cockatoo).
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Cows, horses, pigs, farm life. I have always wanted to create actual farm in sims. I want grows of corn, and a tractor to plant and collect my corps.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want them all but I'd really like to have birds the most.
    egTcBMc.png
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I want a really smart Parrot. You can customize the feather coloring youself, so you can get any color you want, even those that don't exist in real life.

You can find a pirate's parrot that escaped and you can tame him and make him your friend. You can teach him to sit on your shoulder and say funny things. You can use him in your comedy act. You say a part and then he says a part. You can teach him to attack other people. You can send him out hunting for shiny things. Now and then he will molt and you can collect the feathers to make something. The parrot might overhear something and then come back to share some gossip with you. You can teach the parrot to act as an alarm clock, waking you up at a certain time, or for mischief, waking another sim up.

If you are at a party and bring a parrot, then it can get excited and fluff up the head feathers and do a head banging dance to the music, if it likes it. It can do a wing dance too. Maybe you can have a mini DJ booth and your parrot could pretend to DJ.

Maybe it can sit over your shoulder as you read and turn the pages for you or look at your phone over your shoulder.

Maybe it can sing along if you do the campfire songs.

Your Parrot can be mischevious and do things. He can deliver letters, prank call, knock on a door and run away, untie someone's shoes so they trip, fly up and land on their head and mess up their hair, fly and then poop on someone, and mimic sounds to annoy or confuse other sims. What other types of pranks might it get up to?

If you take him to a night club he can heckle someone if they are doing comedy. Like you can teach him to boo at someone. You can teach him insults. He can just blow a raspberry noise at someone or make a fart sound and then blame it on a nearby sim.

So you can use the parrot vicariously if you sim is not an evil sim and yet you want a little drama going on. People will hate the parrot, but they will not lose relationship points with your sim.

You could also have a good parrot that you can teach to complement other people. You could have a romantic parrot that you teach to flirt for you, offer a rose to someone, give them a love note, make kissing sounds or recite poetry.

You could have a parrot that knows and remembers some gossip.

You could have a really smart logical parrot that can play cards and chess with you. He can also play that Llama balancing game with you.

You can send him to retrieve some objects for you, put a book in a bookcase for you, clean up any toys and put them in the chest, even if they aren't bird toys.

You can give him a ball and he can fly around with it to tease the dog. Then he can drop for the dog or play fetch with the dog.

When you are gardening you can have the parrot help by "fertilizing" a plant. You can have it help weed a plant. They can help you plant something by digging a hole and planting it.

If you are fishing, it can watch and keep you company. Maybe you could send it to find some bugs for bait if you run out.

When he isn't on your shoulder, he can hang out on a perch. He would have a cuttle bone to gnaw, some wooden bead things, a mirror, and other toys. There should be some place for the parrot to get clean. You could spray it with water for it to shower or there could be a Parrot Shower Object. They could just play in sprinklers or in the sink. They could play in bird bath decorations or in fountains. Parrots like fresh fruit and also some nuts. I knew a person that would feed their parrot a chicken leg and they said it loved meat sometimes.

I would imagine that the parrot wants to be included in most anything your sim does. They can be needy if ignored and get loud or obnoxious at times. Other times they could just perch on someone or hop from object to object watching everything your sim is doing. They would chat along with whatever the sims were chatting about and seem to understand a joke and laugh at times.

They could even have their own little floaty thing so they can hang out in the pool. It would have a place for bird treats on one side and a cup holder on the other side with water for them. Then they could just relax on there, chat with others who are swimming, and have a treat or drink if they want one. Their claw might make it deflate and then they get drenched in the pool, but a parrot can usually swim a little. They might pee in the pool or make a mess of feathers floating around or spill their food in there though.

I can imagine them just hanging out floating around. They could be insulting other sims or making flirty comments or joking with them as they swim.

Sometimes a Parrot might like to hide from others if it is stressed or sleep in an odd place. They might get over stimulated and want to avoid people or other pets. It might be unnaturally scared of some objects.

Parrots can molt naturally and don't need a vet, but also can molt due to stress or disease. Then they could get mites and need to go to the vet. They could get a cracked beak or need their nails clipped. They could lose their voice and need to go to the vet.

I would love to have a parrot in the game because they are smart birds in real life and with some patience and rewards they can do so many things. In the game, interacting with a parrot could be almost as good as interacting with another sim, in as far as everything they can do.

• Namer25Namer25 Posts: 9 New Member
    BIRDSSSSSSSSSS
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Dragons, Griffins, Owls and other magical pets
    Magical pets...
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited November 2018
    Bunnies - but not in a cadge. And it would also be nice if we could breed them or paint them like the cats and dogs. I'd be kind of disappointed if all of the bunnies just looked the same. A bunny garden would be amazing.

Little pixies that fly next to you and follow you around and light your way at night would be cool.
    Like I'd like to pick the color of their glow and wings and have an interaction to "talk" to it and instead of a pet bed you could buy a tiny pixie house. It would be cool to see them land on the surfaces in your house.

vKM72oc.jpg

I'd like mini dragons as well.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I kinda want all but I want birds and magical pets
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I love birds and was a bit disappointed they weren't included in C&D. :confused: Reptiles and amphibians get my second vote.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    I doubt we will ever get Dragons if we dont even have Horses. I also miss horses and hamsters and think its ridiclous i would have to buy "Small pet stuff"so silly
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    HORSES PLEASE!! <3
  • ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    There aren't any magical packs yet right? I'd love to have a dragon, but it only really makes sense if there is a magical pack... On the other hand it might make sense for vampires? kinda?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Turtles, Lizards, Snakes and other reptiles/amphibians
    Reptiles and Birds.
  • xoSnowyOwlxoxoSnowyOwlxo Posts: 29 Member
    To be honest, there can never be enough animals in the Sims for me XD I would love owls though, along with horses, dragons and tortoises...and many other adorable creatures from all walks of life
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    But also horses. Like can I have a working Zoo/ Wildlife preserve. Oh we could go on safari for vacations. Like more exotic animals that aren't necessarily pets

Or that only supernatural sims (and their family by extension) could tame. A werewolf could have a pet wolf or mountain lion. Different shapeshifters could work with this.

Dragon shifters could have pet drakes or wvyrns.
    Mermaids could have pet sharks. And cousins who are dolphins.

I've gotta add these to my want lists. 🤔
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Holy_Cow wrote: »
    I have a rabbit named Luna at home so that's why I voted Bunnies, Ferrets and other fluffy small pets.

Okay but anything that cute is evil. Ooh murder bunnies
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Guinea pigs, bunnies
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    All of the above, but especially the dragons...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    As a rabbit owner myself, I’d love rabbits ingame. I also love ferrets, so I’d like those too. In the upcoming Realm of Magic, I really really hope we get dragons at least, if we don’t I’ll be disappointed.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Almost voted for the amphibians but ultimately chose birds because I feel like there could be more interactivity with them. Rather than turtles and snakes and such being confined to their habitats, much like the rodents we have currently.

OVERALL, I'd love all the pets to be added, but birds would be my first choice of all these :)
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I personally really wish instead of my first pet stuff we got little pet game pack, several small animals like you have and the ability to run a pet shop :/
    I personally hope some small pets come with realm of magic, witches need their familiars and if cats can't be used dragons, toads and owls would fit.
    caitytrina.png
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Horses!
  • Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    I feel that choosing small animals as pet options would result in a copy of what hamsters are .... a tiny thing in a cage that is all, finished.
    If i would have to go for a pet i would go for something bigger so that at least they have to create their animations and unique interaction within each other, sims and environment. I already feel cats and dogs were not 100% made with all the love they should have since i feel there are gaps in the way they behave or should behave ( but they are decent, so its okey ).

So i would go for bigger animals going to the extend of farm animals or even exotic ones such as ( big wolfs, not foxes because they have already ruined them, big feline like tiger or monkeys ) in where you would have to get a permit in which you would have to fulfill certain criteria in order to be able to have them and be subjected to surprise inspections of their habitat etc, this would be something new and a little bit educative.

This is just an idea haha