Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of new pets would you like to see?

Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'd like to see a variety of new (and also all-new to the franchise) pets being introduced in respective packs; e.g. mythical pets in a Magical/Supernatural pack. I think it might be tricky to introduce new pets in a proper and detailed manner but at the same time not require to own Cats & Dogs for them to function. Or would you be fine with that? If they add more small pets, it would be nice if they weren't tied to a cage/enclosure and you'd have the possibility to take them out and carry them around or have them run around in your house.

Either way - which animals would you like to have most?

allatos.jpg
hamster-Gerbil.png
babypets.jpg
Post edited by Sally1502 on

What kind of new pets would you like to see? 174 votes

Bunnies, Ferrets and other fluffy small pets
27%
BreeSashaaprilroseAlrynnSimburianelanorbretonCynnaSimQueenie9SjofnBloodValkyriekatka_kynclovaRodrigoMunguiaxx8lobo8xxannaliese39LittlBowBubtnb494Internal_ChaosgarapoesshnailehsimmerLellaSaturn830 47 votes
Parrots, Budgies and other pet birds
18%
redrogue60storyyLavasm77friendlysimmersIObellerosehrtgirlRoboSpongiecapricce2Sim2SporeCinders27kittymeowrambahadoerguri639ChadSims2EnkiSchmidtHermitgirldomina89kappowanjanwearsbracesAbraKadabra 33 votes
Turtles, Lizards, Snakes and other reptiles/amphibians
12%
catloverplayertonymcanallySakuske1SimsGirlLover12Trashmagicx_Always_Heart_x2HubbiesNLovelittlehelpChazzzysoko37kaiwrysimsKaronPastelMermaidLeahmiller2006x4m1r4asap24SCORPIOofficialChaela1337AngeliqueAdelaidedietandry 22 votes
Dragons, Griffins, Owls and other magical pets
29%
Hejixalan650111MsMayPlayerSinger2010BloosmooKementariAnmirlaMariefoxprice83luthienrisingalanmichael1safersaviourAngelluluxoSnowyOwlxoJennygghunniboo1Molly1996GrandRailbestejacksonAflutterAlbaWaterhouse 52 votes
Something completely else - what?
11%
DannydanboSuRihtanilBagoas77BluelleSarahTheRedMovottiChelleyJayBreazonadreamprisoneratils1995Luuciia1poltergeistLapoepsieChelsPlaySimsLovePoniesTheWinterMinkPatriceMakalanerdfashionPeonymoon 20 votes

Comments

• ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I think horses would be cool. Maybe they could come from a farm game pack.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    DRAGONS!! They have been much fun in Makin' Magic! :)
    Griffins would also be awesome.

If we get Magic, magical Sims can't just have a normal pet like a dog! They need a dragon.
    a256aFi.gif
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    spiders
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hogs/Pigs, Bulls/Cows, Alpaca (Cuter than llamas)
    if they did dragons, they need to be big and epic, like Game of thrones, Teenager sized
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    That was very hard to choose, I would be okay with all of them! Lizards and the like would be cute and it would be awesome if they made them a bit bigger and not tied to a cage. I would also like turtoises in the garden. It would be neat to get magical pets in a magic pack, too. But for my current Sims family I chose the bunnies and other fluffy pets. It would be cool to be able to have them both inside or outside in a hutch or pen.

26dd4c4e89e71d33bef8ca230cd471d9--rabbit-pen-pet-rabbit.jpg
    SEYffV3.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    As well as everything else, I'd like for fish to be more than something you View. They need an update. We should be able to clean them and feed them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I have 2 budgies so I'd love to have parrots in the game and other birds! :)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    spiders

Actaully,no. Spiders don't really make good pets because handling could cause a lot of stress or injury to a spider. You also have to do a lot of research on the breed of spider you want as a pet, and you have to have just the right housing/temperature/food for that particular species of spider.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    A lot of these animals would be great. I would also include horses, and few other farm animals that I couldn't really think of.. LOL!
  • Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    But i wouldnt just want them in a cage. I love the idea of having them either run around your house or in a cage, depending on what you would rather
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd like see birds added and updated fish tanks with the option to interact with them... Would it hurt them to make the fish look somewhat decent and give us salt water tanks with live rock corals and so on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    well, I love bunnies but I just know they would be made wrong in game...I have had bunnies for more than 10 years now and they are not in a cage, they run free through my appartment and some even jump on everything, granted you can't exactly play with them, but cuddle them and they play amongst each other (chasing) and often run after me in the apartment and arround my feet (especially when I got food for them)...so much more, then drooling apathetically in a cage or pen.
    So if they made bunnies, I would want them as detailed as cats at least, but I don't see that happening, that's why I chose birds.

A parrot that can fly arround the house, "talk" and sit on the sims shoulder (maybe also when the sim goes out) and maybe teases the cat (if the sim has one) but never getting caught by it, sounds like fun.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    spiders

Actaully,no. Spiders don't really make good pets because handling could cause a lot of stress or injury to a spider. You also have to do a lot of research on the breed of spider you want as a pet, and you have to have just the right housing/temperature/food for that particular species of spider.

it's a video game.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2018
    Just please no supernatural crap...that stuff makes playing the sims feel like a kid game or like I'm playing something made by Disney. I like the vamps and witches but the supernatural needs to stop with that. If they do come out with dragons and the like I just hope they make it completely up to us whether we have it in the game or not.

I also love birds in game. I just really would like to have pet options like we had in sims 3. I'm so glad at least we have the bird feeder in sims 4. I love that thing.
  • wolfboi777wolfboi777 Posts: 6 New Member
    Magic is needed in this game! There are so many people saying we need magic in other discussions.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Honestly, I don't really care for new pets... They aren't very well executed in Sims 4. I hate the fact that the animals take space from sims in the households so I can't have a decent sized family and have my pets have puppies/kittens. In Sims 2 and Sims 3 you were able to have 8 sims + 6 pets in a household but in Sims 4 you're only able to have 8 sims and pets total.

I don't really know about the smaller pets because I never bought the My New Pet Stuff because it was such a badly made pack and the videos I've seen of it don't have me convinced.
  • LapoepsieLapoepsie Posts: 5 New Member
    Horses and ore farming animals <3
  • BloodValkyrieBloodValkyrie Posts: 232 Member
    I am terrified of spiders, but I'd love to have a pet spider in the sims. Other than that, I mostly want more fluffy things.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like to see a parrot and an iguana. I think those would round out the game nicely. We don't need every animal in the pet world, just a little more variety.
  • asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    I voted reptiles, but I would also like to see a farm pack. Ducks, cows, goats, chickens.
  • xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    Voted for bunnies but would want them not included in the household slot and not stuck in cages. Also, would be cool to have farm animals.
  • Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I have a rabbit named Luna at home so that's why I voted Bunnies, Ferrets and other fluffy small pets.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Bunnies, because they're awesome pets, dang it.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Goats, geese, chooks and ravens.
    And murder birds... uh, Australian Magpies.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I am all for a new pet but we need to do something with the stray's. Let our our Sims help them.