March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MORE HOLIDAY ICONS AND TRADITIONS

Has anyone created a mod yet that expands the number of icons for creating a holiday or increases the amount of traditions each holiday holds?

If not..... Could someone make it pretty please!

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not yet, but I imagine either Zerbu or some other modder has it on their bucket list when or if they come to the realization that there's not many options to choose from.

I'm anticipating this mod as well, I wanted more selections!
    If push comes to shove, I'll make the mod myself.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    The icons suck :( I wanted to do a summer solstice holiday but theres no suitable icons. I also really want more than 5 traditions!
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    I've been trying to make a Purge holiday haha! I just need a mod that makes fights deadly and a mask as an emblem!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    Take a look at Sacrificial mods! He does an extreme violence mod that would work!
  • natalie266natalie266 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really need that too, maybe 10 traditions in a holiday would be really cool, more would be better, I have like 15 that I want for Christmas :')
  • marcelmagiera12marcelmagiera12 Posts: 8 New Member
    waiting for that as well, the icon choice is worse than poor
  • bk1226bk1226 Posts: 20 Member
    I would like to see the following icons for holidays:

1) Shamrock (St. Patrick's Day)
    2) Cross (Easter)
    3) Flowers (Mother's Day)
    4) Shirt and Tie (Father's Day)
    5) American Flag (Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day)
    Other icons for the following special days:

1) Groundhog (Groundhog Day)
    2) Football (Super Bowl Sunday)
    3) Beads or Fleur-de-Lis (Mardi Gras)
    3) Mexican Flag or Sombrero (Cinco de Mayo)
    4) Flagship (Columbus Day)
    > @Trowicia said:
    > Not yet, but I imagine either Zerbu or some other modder has it on their bucket list when or if they come to the realization that there's not many options to choose from.
    >
    > I'm anticipating this mod as well, I wanted more selections!
    > If push comes to shove, I'll make the mod myself.

Please please please do, I need it right now :neutral:
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited July 2018
    bk1226 wrote: »
    I would like to see the following icons for holidays:

1) Shamrock (St. Patrick's Day)
    2) Cross (Easter)
    3) Flowers (Mother's Day)
    4) Shirt and Tie (Father's Day)
    5) American Flag (Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day)

It would be nice if Easter had more than one icon in the game (you forgot the bunny and eggs).

An American Flag might be suited for a mod since that would require other country flags to be added as well. Wait, when did Labor Day become a patriot holiday?
    @FreakAboutSims Maybe a white flag with the sims logo to represent patriotism?
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    That's a decent idea. Maybe make the flags the varieties already available from the in-game flag pole.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    LittleMsSam has added a school holiday tradition.
    Just add this Tradition to a Holiday and your Kids will get a free Day. You don’t need to add any extra Traditions. The Day off will fulfill the Tradition immediately.

DON’T check the Day off Option on top of the Holiday Setting Window or else Adults will get a free Day too!

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/176261533773/school-holiday-new-holiday-tradition-like-my

There's also a new no work tradition. While you can set a holiday for no work, this one is more customizable.
    Just add this Tradition to a Holiday and your Sims will get a free Day. You don’t need to add any extra Traditions. The Day off will fulfill the Tradition immediately.

There are three Traditions:

No Work!
    No Work! (Women only)
    No Work! (Men only)

DON’T check the Day off Option on top of the Holiday Setting Window or else Children & Teens will get a free Day too!

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/176265109808/no-work-new-holiday-tradition-like-the-school
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    edited July 2018
    LittleMsSam is one of my favorite modders. So many design decisions that should have been done better to improve the game from the start. The Sims team should just hire her already.
    Someone started a thread for this but I wanted to post the link here. LittleMsSam has a more holidays icon mod on her Tumblr here. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/176415903073/more-holiday-icons-added-around-200-icons-to-the
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    LittleMsSam added some wellness traditions for holidays. This requires the Spa Day pack. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/176450649508/wellness-tradition-pack-spa-day-dlc-this-adds-7
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    And here's one from MTS that makes the hidden holiday traditions (such as season premiere and talk like a pirate) unhidden. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=615880
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    Aaaand one more. Pet themed holiday traditions. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=615962
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Aaaand one more. Pet themed holiday traditions. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=615962

Thank you for all the links! These are great!
    Most welcome! I'll keep posting them as I find them since we're all looking for the same thing.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Hi All,

Any more new tradition mods? I'm disappointed at the lack of them appearing, I thought everyone would have been eager to create mods for more traditions! :'(
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    There's a lot of different religious icons for holidays here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=616166
    > @FreakAboutSims said:
    > bk1226 wrote: »
    >
    > I would like to see the following icons for holidays:
    >
    > 1) Shamrock (St. Patrick's Day)
    > 2) Cross (Easter)
    > 3) Flowers (Mother's Day)
    > 4) Shirt and Tie (Father's Day)
    > 5) American Flag (Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It would be nice if Easter had more than one icon in the game (you forgot the bunny and eggs).
    >
    > An American Flag might be suited for a mod since that would require other country flags to be added as well. Wait, when did Labor Day become a patriot holiday?

I believe there is already a bunny and eggs icon for Easter in the game.
    Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day are considered national or federal holidays, therefore, the American Flag icon is appropriate.
    If you're not satisfied with the American Flag icon for Labor Day, then I would suggest a hammer icon.
    A yellow ribbon icon for Memorial Day and Veterans Day could be used as an alternative.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    As for the lack of art available for the holiday icons, since I do digital art I'd be happy to make some new icons if people wanted them, but unfortunately I'd have no idea how to mod them into the game :(
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    There should be other countries' flags not just US
    6adMCGP.gif