The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,752 Member
    I downloaded sims 4 seasons and it is allowing me to create households and then place them on a lot but when I hit play an error message comes up stating that i might need to restart the game and I have and it has not worked.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,289 Member
    Not having any trouble with fast forward so far.
    I did get this after trying to have three sims travel together though;

The game failed to load.
    Error code; 104:9b9d47e5:f77ecd2e. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.
    Oddly enough, even without relaunching, the sims showed up where they were supposed to but the restaurant I sent them to suddenly had no epmployees.
    image.png
  • Options
    MiMortaMiMorta Posts: 15 Member
    Game Bugs I am running into:

During the rain, all electronics in the house either break or are grayed out with the message "Electronics don't work in the rain!"
    Endless repairing of broken electronics. - I did notice this happens mostly during the rain.
    - The rain bug, I have double, triple, removed and replaced my roofs. The house is "sealed" and no rain is coming inside. (I have had two brand new, not turned on sprinklers (outside) also break once it started raining.

I bought the "For Every Season" Stylized Room, added the glass roof, then started rearranging items inside, took the sprinkler out to move stuff around, and i am unable to put the sprinkler back in, keeps telling me it can only be used outside. (easy, but annoying work around it taking the roof off, put the sprinkler where I want it, and put the roof back on - This has to be done every time I expand the room and want to add more sprinklers.)
  • Options
    MiMorta wrote: »
    Game Bugs I am running into:

During the rain, all electronics in the house either break or are grayed out with the message "Electronics don't work in the rain!"
    Endless repairing of broken electronics. - I did notice this happens mostly during the rain.
    - The rain bug, I have double, triple, removed and replaced my roofs. The house is "sealed" and no rain is coming inside. (I have had two brand new, not turned on sprinklers (outside) also break once it started raining.

I bought the "For Every Season" Stylized Room, added the glass roof, then started rearranging items inside, took the sprinkler out to move stuff around, and i am unable to put the sprinkler back in, keeps telling me it can only be used outside. (easy, but annoying work around it taking the roof off, put the sprinkler where I want it, and put the roof back on - This has to be done every time I expand the room and want to add more sprinklers.)

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Appliances-break-very-easily/m-p/6881082#M64242
  • Options
    CezzaCezza Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded the seasons pack today and so much is wrong.
    •My sim can’t wear the new seasons pack clothes.
    • in buy mode, it doesn’t show any of the new build mode items from the seasons pack
    •the sims actions bar keeps disappearing meaning I can’t cancel any of their interactions
    •when I search for a job, no jobs appear
    •reset (de bug) doesn’t work on my sims anymore either

I don’t have any mods on my pc
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Cezza wrote: »
    I downloaded the seasons pack today and so much is wrong.
    •My sim can’t wear the new seasons pack clothes.
    • in buy mode, it doesn’t show any of the new build mode items from the seasons pack
    •the sims actions bar keeps disappearing meaning I can’t cancel any of their interactions
    •when I search for a job, no jobs appear
    •reset (de bug) doesn’t work on my sims anymore either

I don’t have any mods on my pc

Hello @Cezza
    Try going to games library in Origin, click on the Sims 4 picture, then click on the expansion pack label that is half way down the screen. Check to make sure that Seasons is installed.
    If it is, then repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Reset sims cheat was broken by the patch.
  • Options
    SimplyPrecious1SimplyPrecious1 Posts: 42 Member
    My Sims keep forgetting their assigned beds and they will not complete their meals when eating on a residential lot. They start eating then they will leave their food to go do some random activity, it takes me clicking on their food 3 to 4 times before they finally finish eating. I do not have any mods or cc.
  • Options
    Creep2NightCreep2Night Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello my problem is, I bought seasons and installed everything was okay, calendar works and all. But when I tried to plant something it said " it is too cold to plant" it was spring so I thought we left winter yet so it was okay, but now it's summer and plants still say "it is too cold to plant" I even tried to build a greenhouse but it was still the same.. Gardening was the sole reason I bought seasons please help :(
  • Options
    Hello my problem is, I bought seasons and installed everything was okay, calendar works and all. But when I tried to plant something it said " it is too cold to plant" it was spring so I thought we left winter yet so it was okay, but now it's summer and plants still say "it is too cold to plant" I even tried to build a greenhouse but it was still the same.. Gardening was the sole reason I bought seasons please help :(

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Can-t-plant-most-plants-always-says-too-cold-even-when/m-p/6880270#M64174
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Grand meal only works during Harvestfest but not Winterfest oddly
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    My Sims keep forgetting their assigned beds and they will not complete their meals when eating on a residential lot. They start eating then they will leave their food to go do some random activity, it takes me clicking on their food 3 to 4 times before they finally finish eating. I do not have any mods or cc.

Hello @SimplyPrecious1
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Bed-ownership-is-being-ignored/m-p/6874295#M63670

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sims-Interrupted-While-Eating/m-p/6760091#M61955
  • Options
    mellowedmellowed Posts: 2 New Member
    After downloading Seasons my Sims who had maxed a few of their skills, (i.e., painting, cooking and archaeology) are now at either level 6 or 3. These sims were born in the game and are about to die, so they are not able to maxed said skills again. The toddler in this family cannot go up or down the stairs. While I couldn't do anything about the toddler and the stairs issue, I tried the max skill cheat (stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 10) on one of my elders who had maxed this skill and lo and behold it didn't work. I tried the career promotion cheat on their grandson, and that didn't work either. So the cheat bar or whatever control+shift+c thing is called doesn't work either.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mellowed wrote: »
    After downloading Seasons my Sims who had maxed a few of their skills, (i.e., painting, cooking and archaeology) are now at either level 6 or 3. These sims were born in the game and are about to die, so they are not able to maxed said skills again. The toddler in this family cannot go up or down the stairs. While I couldn't do anything about the toddler and the stairs issue, I tried the max skill cheat (stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 10) on one of my elders who had maxed this skill and lo and behold it didn't work. I tried the career promotion cheat on their grandson, and that didn't work either. So the cheat bar or whatever control+shift+c thing is called doesn't work either.

Hello @mellowed
    The skill cheats and other cheats have been broken by the patch
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6382727/highlight/true#M45244

You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, which may have your sims with the max skills . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    My sims can't Woohoo in a pile of leaves
    The Cheats aren't working
    Reset Object isn't working
    After Build being in build mode my game freezes for a min.
    My game is CONSTANTLY crashing!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    Hi there, I'l also getting this message upon loading a restaurant:
    The game failed to load.
    Error code; 104:9b9d47e5:f77ecd2e. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.
    If I do not reload, MCCC catches thousands upon thousands of last exception errors. I have updated all of my mods which fixed the issue for a short time, but it is now broken again. I've used Sims 4 Studio to update my CC to the correct patch but that hasnt worked either. I've removed a few problem mods but the issue was not fixed.
    I have also tried repairing the game and removed all the script mods, and it has not fixed the problem.
    I'm going to try loading other types of community lot but I know at this point it is most likely not my mods causing the issue. Please help!
  • Options
    My sims can't Woohoo in a pile of leaves
    The Cheats aren't working
    Reset Object isn't working
    After Build being in build mode my game freezes for a min.
    My game is CONSTANTLY crashing!

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site.
  • Options
    sanarith wrote: »
    Hi there, I'l also getting this message upon loading a restaurant:
    The game failed to load.
    If I do not reload, MCCC catches thousands upon thousands of last exception errors. I have updated all of my mods which fixed the issue for a short time, but it is now broken again. I've used Sims 4 Studio to update my CC to the correct patch but that hasnt worked either. I've removed a few problem mods but the issue was not fixed.
    I have also tried repairing the game and removed all the script mods, and it has not fixed the problem.
    I'm going to try loading other types of community lot but I know at this point it is most likely not my mods causing the issue. Please help!

Hello @sanarith
    Try testing by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    Update: It is only restaurant lots that are crashing. Everything else runs smoothly.
    @rosemow I will try removing everything tomorrow morning and update you on how it goes.
  • Options
    sanarith wrote: »
    Update: It is only restaurant lots that are crashing. Everything else runs smoothly.
    @rosemow I will try removing everything tomorrow morning and update you on how it goes.

Hello
    If the issues remain, try going into build mode on the restaurant lot, save the build to your library, bulldoze the lot, then place the restaurant lot from your library onto the lot. Then test to see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    LimodLimod Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but the "Look for frogs" option on ponds is no longer there. Was it removed from the game? If so, it would make it a lot harder to complete the collection.
  • Options
    Limod wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but the "Look for frogs" option on ponds is no longer there. Was it removed from the game? If so, it would make it a lot harder to complete the collection.

Hello
    The option isn’t on the pond in the park in Willow Creek. It may have been removed in a patch. You can also find them in logs.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    The only bug I’ve noticed in my game is asking sims in a date is broken. The action cancels out automatically. No mods or cc and tried a repair and deleting cache files.

Will try and replicate the issue on the other pc in the house.

Hello
    Try testing with another household in your save game and see if they have issues with dates also.

I tried that and it didn’t work.

I also tried it on my husband’s pc and the same issue occurred. Both save files were brand new created yesterday. Both games are vanilla and are in two different gaming rigs.

Interestingly if I start a new game on each pc, that seems to fix the issue on both.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    The only bug I’ve noticed in my game is asking sims in a date is broken. The action cancels out automatically. No mods or cc and tried a repair and deleting cache files.

Will try and replicate the issue on the other pc in the house.

Hello
    Try testing with another household in your save game and see if they have issues with dates also.

I tried that and it didn’t work.

I also tried it on my husband’s pc and the same issue occurred. Both save files were brand new created yesterday. Both games are vanilla and are in two different gaming rigs.

Interestingly if I start a new game on each pc, that seems to fix the issue on both.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Was the new save game that it does work in, created today ?
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 364 Member
    Leaves falling inside the house during spring and summer on some lots.
  • Options
    ThaviThavi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I’m having an issue too everytime I try to serve a grand meal my sims get reset and I can never serve it no matter what I do. I’ve remade my kitchen thinking maybe it was the mod furniture but still won’t work with in base furniture. Please help.