Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

Comments

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2018
    I just found out what the lightning "magic" thing is. It happened in my game. Not sure if I should say or not, though. Folks might want to find out themselves.
  • dokamito154dokamito154 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @zellybeanie said:
    > It makes my game so much moodier. Started in summer and had thunderstorms the first two days. From pets being tense to toddlers being sad that they couldn’t play outside, it’s a great dynamic.
    >
    > Lighting looks great, effects look great, sim and pet reactions are great.
    >
    > I wish there was an option for school off only holidays though, and I wish holidays that didn’t have traditions didn’t need to stay on the screen.
    >
    > Water balloon fights have been clunky, like bowling used to be.
    >
    > Love the gardening overhaul though. So much so I fired the gardener.

> @zellybeanie said:
    > It makes my game so much moodier. Started in summer and had thunderstorms the first two days. From pets being tense to toddlers being sad that they couldn’t play outside, it’s a great dynamic.
    >
    > Lighting looks great, effects look great, sim and pet reactions are great.
    >
    > I wish there was an option for school off only holidays though, and I wish holidays that didn’t have traditions didn’t need to stay on the screen.
    >
    > Water balloon fights have been clunky, like bowling used to be.
    >
    > Love the gardening overhaul though. So much so I fired the gardener.

Yes, you can do that by creating a holiday with a name, without any traditions at all. The top left corner UI can be hidden, or deleted (?) by the trash button.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I just found out what the lightning "magic" thing is. It happened in my game. Not sure if I should say or not, though. Folks might want to find out themselves.

You could put it under a spoiler button.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I love it....but I think I may have picked the wrong world to play in for my first time. I chose Oasis Springs....and it actually reminds me of where I live (Arizona).....as the desert doesn't snow & it's not really cold. I'm excited to try out some new worlds and see how season affects it. But I'm loving the calendar & making my own holidays....decorating. & the CAS outfits are very nice as well. Overall I'm happy. I really love gardening as well. The changes they made has made gardening so much easier & a nice money maker.

Off topic but I love Arizona! Used to live there for a few years. I miss it
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m on the fence, really want to love it but some things are bugging me. I really dislike the mud, water and snow fight animations, really poor, in my opinion. Playing in puddles was disappointing too, as well as the cas stuff. Love the new radio station though, and hey it’s nice to get rid of eternal summer and having holidays is really cool so I m glad I bought it.
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Anyone having problems with the calendar? I can’t create future parties, it tales me directly to them even though I plan it a few days ahead
    edited June 2018

Oh true. Alrighty, here's what happens.
    To have it happen, your Sim must be struck by lightning twice (unconfirmed, it was twice for me) to get a moodlet (and glowing eyes) stating they are "overcharged". Once that happens, just click on the ground and select the option "Bring On The Lightning". The location you clicked will have your Sim summon lightning to hit the clicked location.

It's cool, but I'm not sure if it's anything actually useful since as far as I can tell, you can't use it to strike other Sims. The moodlet also lasts 12h hours.

I'm also not sure if it's related to the Storm Chaser trait or not. Nevertheless, it makes me pretty excited for magic or some other form of more easily accessible supernatural abilities in the future.
    Next trait I have to look into is the Father Winter Baby trait. That one also references abilities.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Having played it yet, may play this weekend and with most games there will be bugs. However, some bugs should have been noticed during the bug testing phase. So the waiting game begins for them to be fixed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So far, I find it extremely underwhelming. I want to love it but there's so much bothering me so far. I have been playing for only a couple of hours and most of it was fighting with the glitchy Build mode to try to build a house so I am going to keep playing and keep investigating around.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    So far, I find it extremely underwhelming. I want to love it but there's so much bothering me so far. I have been playing for only a couple of hours and most of it was fighting with the glitchy Build mode to try to build a house so I am going to keep playing and keep investigating around.

There are glitches in Build mode?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • HaleStorm87HaleStorm87 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm loving it so far. I actually got jump scared by the lightning just by the sound alone. Well done.

Only thing I would wish for improvements is automatic outfit changes, like when raining out put on a rain coat. The coats in CAS don't seem to do anything. Only umbrellas are auto equip if you picked them out first.
    Also I wish I can hear the rain in doors. I can hear the thunder but can't hear the rain unless I move the camera outside. Should be muffled or hear the rain hit the roof.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I'm so excited! Haven't got it yet! My best friend is gifting it for a late birthday pressie so just have to wait for her to finish work! I'm in the UK so it's been out 12 hours already! Just looking through the forum longingly!! :wink:

So glad so many of you are enjoying it!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    For me it's the best expansion pack to date. The lighting was the first thing I noticed. I love how dark it is in winter and when spring started to roll around there was this pinkish purple haze. I love how the flowers and plants slowly bloom. The gardening update made everything so much better. I like the added challenge with plants having specific seasons in which they grow. I planted spinach in spring only to find out it wasn't in season. I loved that. I love the little touches like bees pollinating nearby plants and little flowers that bloom in the grass. It really made it feel like spring. (Just need bug catching now) I haven't played summer, fall or a full winter yet so I can't comment on those but so far I'm loving it. It's the first expansion that really makes me have hope for the future of Sims 4.
    After playing around with the camera it really does sound odd how the rain sound just cuts off competently when the camera is indoors vs outside. Its too sudden. The sound inside when it rains should be similar to the rain sound when you zoom out all the way out.

(Sorry for the post, can't seem to edit mine)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I enjoy it a lot, I think it’s definitely the best TS4 EP so far. I can see how it’s going to enhance all of my games going forwards.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I enjoy it a lot, I think it’s definitely the best TS4 EP so far. I can see how it’s going to enhance all of my games going forwards.
    I definitely agree! I LOVE Seasons! I know no game is perfect, but I definitely love this pack. I really hope they will make Superstar, Generations or Nightlife/Romance EP next. I wouldn't mind Uni/School EP either. <3
  • SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    I love it so much!! Definitely the best ep so far ♥
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member

Oh true. Alrighty, here's what happens.
    To have it happen, your Sim must be struck by lightning twice (unconfirmed, it was twice for me) to get a moodlet (and glowing eyes) stating they are "overcharged". Once that happens, just click on the ground and select the option "Bring On The Lightning". The location you clicked will have your Sim summon lightning to hit the clicked location.

It's cool, but I'm not sure if it's anything actually useful since as far as I can tell, you can't use it to strike other Sims. The moodlet also lasts 12h hours.

I'm also not sure if it's related to the Storm Chaser trait or not. Nevertheless, it makes me pretty excited for magic or some other form of more easily accessible supernatural abilities in the future.

About the Storm Chaser thing:
    Storm Chaser is when your Sims are attracted to the storms, not afraid of them AFAIK.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I can't rate it yet as I am waiting for a "Friend" before I download my game. But from the pictures, I have a feeling the bugs are worth the wait for the emergency patch. I have a feeling the actual gameplay that is added makes the whole EP well worth the wait for seasons.

There are glitches in Build mode?

The camera is all over the place and applying paint to the walls is a nightmare.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    ^ The wallpaint lag is solvable (temporarily I think) by playing offline, or something like that, I've read.
    Jean wrote: »
    ^ The wallpaint lag is solvable (temporarily I think) by playing offline, or something like that, I've read.

Thanks! I'll try that for now :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    After playing around with the camera it really does sound odd how the rain sound just cuts off competently when the camera is indoors vs outside. Its too sudden. The sound inside when it rains should be similar to the rain sound when you zoom out all the way out.

(Sorry for the post, can't seem to edit mine)

It's weird that people are saying they can't hear rain indoors. I was enjoying how I could actually hear it inside. Then again those households both had glass rooves so that could be it!?