Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Water Balloon/Mud/Snow fights are sooooo underwhelming and disappointing!

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
These should be so fun to watch but it's just bizarre how the sims act when engaged in one of these activities! They just throw one and it literally seems to take 15 minutes for the next sim to throw another! They mainly just stand and take turns laughing instead just throwing the plum things! It should be rapid-fire motion of throwing at each other. The "fights" are the biggest disappointment to me so far and need to be improved.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I had a mud puddle right next to my front steps and Sims were constantly running up and down the stairs acting like they’re throwing them. It took forever and I just had to cancel it out for my own sanity.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    These should be so fun to watch but it's just bizarre how the sims act when engaged in one of these activities! They just throw one and it literally seems to take 15 minutes for the next sim one to throw another! They mainly just stand and take turns laughing instead just throwing the plum things! It should be rapid throwing of them. They are the biggest disappointment to me so far and need to be improved.

Yes one of the game changers mentioned this in his video I think it was James aka Sim Supply. I just wonder if they could tune that in an update.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I’m confident they’ll patch that pretty soon. I would have thought it’d be dealt with before release though. How annoying
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I thought it was just me, they need to make note of this. @SimGuruNick
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Ya they are a bit underwhelming, hopefully something that can be tweaked.
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    Yes one of the game changers mentioned this in his video I think it was James aka Sim Supply. I just wonder if they could tune that in an update.

I noticed how bugged it looked in James' video too. If I remember correctly, they weren't even facing each other... They were both facing forward and I thought it seemed so strange. Hopefully they fix it and soon.
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I hope they fix this... It's a small detail but it makes me wanna punch my screen xD
  • Options
    zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    So it isn’t just me!

Reminded me of how awkward bowling was at first.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I have this too.. very annoying. They don't even look at eachother....
    Also the mud puddles/puddles aren't working properly.. Sims won't even play in it.
  • Options
    JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    I haven't tried it yet but everything my sims do take 15 years so this doesn't surprise me. And the animation just isn't what it use to be.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    These should be so fun to watch but it's just bizarre how the sims act when engaged in one of these activities! They just throw one and it literally seems to take 15 minutes for the next sim to throw another! They mainly just stand and take turns laughing instead just throwing the plum things! It should be rapid-fire motion of throwing at each other. The "fights" are the biggest disappointment to me so far and need to be improved.

This!! I thought it was a glitch, but the snowball fights suck! I expected running around, dodging, hiding behind objects..they literally stand there like their playing catch with 10mins going by before they throw another one. Like c'mon are you serious..
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I'm honestly not so sure if this will be fixed. From what I read here it sounds completely typical for TS4 - Sims not facing each other when they're supposed to interact with each other, Sims playing musical chairs or just aimlessly walking in circles until they find a spot from where they'll start talking and then just moving aimlessly around again, incredibly long pauses between interactions (best example - eating) where they just stare at nothing.
    I only saw some videos about the snowball fights. It looks lame and annoying, but at the same time the problem is the same we have with other interactions since the beginning of TS4 :neutral: