Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't schedule dates ahead using the calendar.

Well this is disappointing. Just downloaded Seasons and tried to schedule a date ahead for my sims' to have a dinner tasting for their wedding, only to find out you can't schedule dates ahead of time with the calendar. Ugh!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Ah I am disappointed to hear this. I was just thinking about that.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited June 2018
    How far ahead were you tying to schedule it? Based on the official livestream I think you can only schedule 2 weeks ahead but I'm not sure
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    How far ahead were you tying to schedule it? Based on the official livestream I think you can only schedule 2 weeks ahead but I'm not sure

Just the next week. Every other social event is available except for dates which is stupid considering the blog mentioned scheduling a date beforehand in it.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member

Just the next week. Every other social event is available except for dates which is stupid considering the blog mentioned scheduling a date beforehand in it.

that's super annoying! Maybe it's a bug?
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    i am not sure you can schedule a date. i think only events
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    tegteg87 wrote: »

that's super annoying! Maybe it's a bug?

Maybe. I think the calendar in general may be bugged since I can't seem to schedule my wedding in advance. Everytime I use the calendar to do so, it says "An event is about to begin". Although I'm scheduling it for the following week. And I took all my mods out.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I don't know if it's a bug, but I thought we were able to carve pumpkins as part of Halloween?
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a bug, but I thought we were able to carve pumpkins as part of Halloween?

You can edit the holiday activities. But pumpkin carving might require that you have Spooky Stuff.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

You can edit the holiday activities. But pumpkin carving might require that you have Spooky Stuff.

I have it, but there's no option to make it a task in the holiday editor thingy
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options

I have it, but there's no option to make it a task in the holiday editor thingy

Ah. Guess it's just something you could have them do but not automatically.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Never mind it falls under the "Spooky Spirit" task :)
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I can concur that the events planning ahead is not working! It starts automatically like always when scheduling on the calendar! They need to fix this.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I can concur that the events planning ahead is not working! It starts automatically like always when scheduling on the calendar! They need to fix this.

Good, so it isn't just me then? I agree, it's one of the major features and needs to be fixed ASAP.

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Good, so it isn't just me then? I agree, it's one of the major features and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Yes! It's one of the major features and it isn't working. I tried a home party scheduled ahead and a black and white bash. After I chose everything it immediately started the party like the game always has! Grrrrrrrr
  • Options
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Correct. I’m unable to set events in the future using the calendar. But I am able to set holidays. I play my game with mods so I’m not sure if that impacts it or not. I’ll wait to hear from someone who plays without mods if they have the same problem.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    My holidays work fine but my event didn’t. The only event I tried to plan was a wedding. It did allow me to plan it but the issue I was having was that it wouldn’t stick with the day I planned it for.

It was the first Saturday of fall in game. I tried to plan my wedding for one week later on Saturday. It saved it on the following Friday instead - as in not the Friday before the date I was shooting for but the Friday after that so almost a week later than I’d wanted. I tried to schedule it on the next day (Sunday) instead thinking maybe it was a bug that was conflicting with the holiday I had scheduled (Spooky Day is scheduled for the day before my first choice wedding day) and it prompted that the event would begin immediately as it already does when you plan events through the phone. Holidays work great but events are bugged.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Events seem to be working, BUT they just randomize on whatever day it wants to? Pft. I tested for an event for a tuesday. It went ahead and took the money, but it was placed on a Saturday oddly enough.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    Oh, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, that's annoying. I hadn't played with that feature yet but I was expecting it to behave differently from what was circulating.