Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple problems with the game

I'm not even sure where to start and this will be a pretty long text, but maybe someone knows what’s happening. I would be so grateful :s

Okay, I used to have a problem with my game, there were random crashes all the time. Someone suggested that I play with the 32-bit version, even though my game supports the 64-bit and for some reason that helped.

I haven’t played the game for a while, but two days ago I noticed that the game stutters in the windowed mode when I move the mouse (never happened before). I tried the 64-bit version, but it didn’t help. Playing with the full screen mode made the game play smoothly again. (I also updated my NVIDIA drivers, but that didn’t help.)

After the patch update I was able to play just fine about a half an hour before the game crashed to desktop. It refused to load my game file after that. I thought it was because MCCC mod, even though it was disabled at the time (I don’t have CC and that’s the only mod I have). So I downloaded the latest version, just in case. It seemed to help at first, I was able to play again.

But then the game crashed again when I was saving the game. Then I removed the whole mods folder. At first it crashed when I tried to load the game file. Then it started to crash even before the title screen. I reinstalled the whole game, and switched to the 32-bit version, and now it loaded again.

But when I was in the CAS, the Sim turned completely purple when I tried to change his clothes and then I got an error message. I tried to take a screenshot of it, but then the whole screen turned black and I had to turn off the computer. I think it said that something was missing and some numbers, 0000008 or something.

I have no idea what I should do…

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    Your laptop should handle the game okay.
    Try starting a fresh new save game, play for a little while and test to see if the issues remain

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Make sure that there isn’t dust in your computer.
    If it is hot where you live, the computer may be overheating.
  • JohkuJohku Posts: 89 Member
    I started a new game, and no crashing this time... but it was also a new game when that sim turned purple, so I'm still a little bit nervous. Maybe it was just bad luck and something I did helped.

Oh, and Origin was already turned off.
    edited June 2018
    Well, it crashed to desktop again. I think I have already tried everything :(.

Edit: And after it crashes once in the game, when I try to start the game again it gets stuck to the title screen. I need to restart my computer to play until the next crash. This is so weird.

And my Internet browser crashed at the same time when the Sims crashed.
    Post edited by Johku on
    Oh, and now I finally got an error message, I just put the translation here if someone understands what it means:

The Sims 4: TS4.exe - Application error

Exception unknown software exception (0x80000003) appeared in the application location 0x0000000000456A82
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    Johku wrote: »
    I started a new game, and no crashing this time... but it was also a new game when that sim turned purple, so I'm still a little bit nervous. Maybe it was just bad luck and something I did helped.

The game maybe using your intel card and not nvidia. Did you check to make sure your game is using Nvidia? Also make sure your video drivers are updated
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Have you scanned lately for a virus? But as mentioned, I know my computer did the intel card and not Nvidia thing when I first got it.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.û

I did so and already thought it helped, because I was able to play some hours yesterday just fine, but today it crashed again. But thanks anyway :).

The game maybe using your intel card and not nvidia. Did you check to make sure your game is using Nvidia? Also make sure your video drivers are updated

I checked it, it's using Nvidia. I updated the drivers just before it started to do this.
    Have you scanned lately for a virus? But as mentioned, I know my computer did the intel card and not Nvidia thing when I first got it.

Yes I have, unless I have something that my anti-virus software can't find...
    edited June 2018
    Now I got a new error message:

WerFault.exe - Application error

Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click OK to close the application.

And then again:

The exception unknown software exception (0x80000003) occurred in the application at the location 0x0000000000456A82.
    Post edited by Johku on
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click OK to close the application.

And then again:

The exception unknown software exception (0x80000003) occurred in the application at the location 0x0000000000456A82.

Have you tried disabling your antivirus software? Sometimes it can interfere with the opening of applications.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

And then again:

Have you tried disabling your antivirus software? Sometimes it can interfere with the opening of applications.

I don't know what caused it, but now my computer says the last added programs are my antivirus and Nvidia GeForce Experience. And the game works just fine.