Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to view entire map in custom world

classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
I don't know if anyone has experienced this or has any idea on how to fix it, but if anyone knows I'm sure I can find them here. I have never been much of a custom world builder, but I decided I wanted to try the Prosperity challenge and so began my journey to make a custom world. Unfortunately, I am still bad at it and decided instead to download a custom world from modthesims. The downside to both creating my own and downloading a custom world was that I could never completely zoom out to view the entire map. It wasn't as noticeable in the empty map of the custom world I was creating, but with the downloaded one it is to the point where I can't see a good portion of the premade lots. Is there a reason why I can't zoom out to view the entire map like I am able to in the premade neighborhoods? It seems odd that they would give us the capability to build our own worlds and not allow us to view the entire possible map.

Any help or guidance you guys could give me on this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Did the creator say anything about needing a camera mod to see the entire map? Some of them do. Some of Maxis hood templates also need a camera mod to see entire hoods. Or to have access to the entire street footage.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @Cinebar Thank you! After going back to the neighborhood download page it does recommend having a camera mod. I would've never thought about that.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar Thank you! After going back to the neighborhood download page it does recommend having a camera mod. I would've never thought about that.

You're welcome!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I use these cameras to replace most of the games ones, all of them except CAS. The neighborhood one lets you zoom out really far.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @JULES1111 That was the one that the page linked too. Tried it out and it works perfectly! Thank you for the suggestion.