Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Guide] How to use Sims 4 Studio to tag your CAS CC for the 6/19 patch.

ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
Hi there. Since today's patch introduced two new outfit categories, and thus a reason for many people to download Sims 4 Studio and use it for maybe their first time, I thought I would write a fast guide on how to assign the categories to your CC.

Remember that it isn't necessary to do this, and you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Your CC clothes will still work in both of the new categories if you disable the filter. It's just that some of you may want to have your CC show up under the appropriate filter without having to go all or nothing.

This is very easy and simple to do and a guide may not be necessary but I thought it couldn't possibly hurt.

The first thing to do is to download Sims 4 Studio, which you can get here.

You need to have an account to be able to download it, so register with the site.

After you have it downloaded, launch it. You're going to look for a button that says "My CC" and click it.

7uefRtC.png

Now a window will open up, and to the left will be all of your package files. Select one of the files. To the right, you'll be able to preview the contents of the file. Scroll down to where it says "Outfit Type", and you'll see the new categories, Hot Weather and Cold weather.

vTyS4bO.png

Simply check the box to tag the item. You can tag it for hot, cold, both, or neither. It's entirely up to you.

Now all you need to do is hit the "Apply to All Swatches" Button, and then save the package, and move on to the next!

EDIT: I wanted to add that Sims 4 Studio has now added a Batch Fix for tagging some items automatically. HOWEVER, it does not tag everything, some things will still need to be tagged manually and certain things can get mistagged depending on how the CC creator labeled their items. Be sure to read the details http://sims4studio.com/thread/13771/studio-3-wishes-candy-apple

I would recommend to do the process manually instead of using the batch fix, unless you have so much CC that you just cant be bothered doing that.
Post edited by Reksoh on

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Thank for doing this!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    This is great thank you!
  • Options
    CLMerz48CLMerz48 Posts: 26 Member
    This is great tip. I'm the one that had trouble using the sims 4 studio new tag feature, had to redo all my batch folders do to the game freezing and stopping after I used
    the tag feature. Only one question I have, is can I reverse this method if it messes up the game play again? Don't want to mess it up anymore..... :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @CLMerz48

As I am a basic user of the sims 4 studio I am going to call @Bananas_45 as this player can usually answer many questions of this nature and in fact I am still following her instructions for the studio from the first time I was given info on it :)
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    CLMerz48 wrote: »
    This is great tip. I'm the one that had trouble using the sims 4 studio new tag feature, had to redo all my batch folders do to the game freezing and stopping after I used
    the tag feature. Only one question I have, is can I reverse this method if it messes up the game play again? Don't want to mess it up anymore..... :)

Hi, im glad you found it useful! I think the best thing to do would be to copy your mods folder to your desktop or somewhere else that you can remember as a backup, before you make any changes. Then if you end up with any problems, you can just use that backup.
  • Options
    @CLMerz48 @SPARKY1922 unfortunately, there isn't a batch fix undo. I would do as @Reksoh suggests. Personally, for Seasons, I prefer to use the information above to change the filters myself. Not all of my CC fits the batch fix categories. For example, I have short dresses that are Winter and not Summer and the program doesn't recognize sweaters.
  • Options
    CLMerz48CLMerz48 Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks for all the info. I have a lot of cc, am going to make a backup, then I think I'll go through my cc and change the ones I want. I've got over 1500cc's and that's not counting my shoes. OH My... B)
  • Options
    LunarAriaLunarAria Posts: 3 New Member
    Unrelated question but can you tag your items on the Mac version? Because a lot of YouTubers and other people are saying you can only do it on windows.
  • Options
    @Reksoh @CLMerz48 @SPARKY1922 I found out today that when you run a batch fix S4S makes a backup folder with the original (unchanged) file. You can find it in the S4S folder under the type of batch fix you ran and the date you ran it.
  • Options
    LunarAria wrote: »
    Unrelated question but can you tag your items on the Mac version? Because a lot of YouTubers and other people are saying you can only do it on windows.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the hot and cold tags. They made the Seasons batch fix available for MAC so I would think that the tags are there.
  • Options
    Not in that sense. Let me rephrase. Does the MAC version have the My CC section?
  • Options
    Oh. I think in Candy Apple they have My Projects instead of My CC and you do access the files differently but, the same options are available once you open the file. If you have found a good tutorial you should go by that.
  • Options
    Thank you! I just really wanted to know since my tags were a little off after the Seasons patch.
  • Options
    LunarAria wrote: »
    Thank you! I just really wanted to know since my tags were a little off after the Seasons patch.

You're welcome. Good luck!
  • Options
    MagicGas99MagicGas99 Posts: 2 New Member
    When I download it appears in files how do I get it like that?
  • Options
    MagicGas99 wrote: »

If you are on a PC use the Installer to download Sims 4 Studio and it will launch right into the program.
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    MagicGas99 wrote: »

If you are on a PC use the Installer to download Sims 4 Studio and it will launch right into the program.

I did some rummaging around and found a video for Mac Book
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLQ9GnUFzwc
  • Options
    rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    This didn't work for me. I didn't get any preview, just a blank space. Half of my new mods are completely broken for the spellcasters/mages. They just will not show up for them at all and there's no batch fix for them for some reason (but there's on for merfolk) and this isn't working so I don't know what to do.