Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening question

I asked this elsewhere but it will probably be buried so...

Have they fixed gardens not growing unless you're on the lot? Or if you decide to be a gardener, are you still pretty much tied to the lot? It seems if gardening is going to be a thing, that hopefully they changed this. If they have, I'm all in :)

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've never seen things grow when off the lot with my gardener sims. I've always been able to send them away ( even for weeks at a time to GF) and have them come back to how they left it.

I've also always been able to rotate away from gardener sims and come back and have everything the same. Including cow plants.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    Actually I perfect it the way they have it. This way my sim can go away on vacation or what ever and I don't have to worry about coming home to a bunch of dead plants.
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    > @LaBlue0314 said:
    > Actually I perfect it the way they have it. This way I my sim can go away on vacation or what ever and I don't have to worry about coming home to a bunch of dead plants.

I agree, specially because some plants take so long to evolve. Although by reading some threads I think this has changed now with the new update
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2018
    Plants don't die in Sims 4. Even if you completely neglect them, the worst that happens is they are unhappy and will need to be cared for before being able to evolve. I would far prefer going on vacation and coming back to a thirsty but somewhat grown garden. And I'd way prefer being able to go to a club every night with my sim and still have the garden continue to grow.

Edit: I just wish there wasn't an incentive -- and a strong one -- to not leave the lot if that's how your sim makes their $$.

But thank you for the input. I have to admit, I'm disappointed. I hope I don't sound too acerbic.
    edited June 2018
    You know what I think would be a cool system? If it were based on time. So if you're off the lot for a few hours, the garden would have grown at the same rate on or off the lot. However, say you're out for 24+ hours -- it stops growing at the time it would need to be watered. So, say the time of day it needs to be watered is 8am. If your sim is gone from 9am - 7am, the garden will still grow as usual. But if don't come home until 9am (or however many days later), you plant would have stalled at the initial 8am, and caring for it will revive it and reset the timer.
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    > @Felicity said:
    > You know what I think would be a cool system? If it were based on time. So if you're off the lot for a few hours, the garden would have grown at the same rate on or off the lot. However, say you're out for 24+ hours -- it stops growing at the time it would need to be watered. So, say the time of day it needs to be watered is 8am. If your sim is gone from 9am - 7am, the garden will still grow as usual. But if don't come home until 9am (or however many days later), you plant would have stalled at the initial 8am, and caring for it will revive it and reset the timer.

That is actually quite cool! Would make the gardener career aspect more realistic
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Plants don't die in Sims 4. Even if you completely neglect them, the worst that happens is they are unhappy and will need to be cared for before being able to evolve. I would far prefer going on vacation and coming back to a thirsty but somewhat grown garden. And I'd way prefer being able to go to a club every night with my sim and still have the garden continue to grow.

Edit: I just wish there wasn't an incentive -- and a strong one -- to not leave the lot if that's how your sim makes their $$.

But thank you for the input. I have to admit, I'm disappointed. I hope I don't sound too acerbic.

Except plants do die? One of my plants just died today while playing. Luckily my sim has lv 10 skill and could revive it.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Except plants do die? One of my plants just died today while playing. Luckily my sim has lv 10 skill and could revive it.

I think in other Sims titles the plants actually died and the only thing left to do was dispose of it and plant new seeds? In Sims 4 they don't really die and can be revived, yes.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    My plants do die... Being busy through a pregnancy may be enough to lose a couple plants, actually, so I think some species might die if neglected for a couple days.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Wow, plants actually die? Huh, I never had one die, and I just thought they couldn't for some reason (I know why I thought that, but I can see how I misinterpreted it).

Ah well, I still think a time-based thing could work, especially if plants can only die if neglected while you're on the lot. It could be exploited, but it still would no longer be a disincentive to leave the lot.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited June 2018
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Rae357 wrote: »

I think in other Sims titles the plants actually died and the only thing left to do was dispose of it and plant new seeds? In Sims 4 they don't really die and can be revived, yes.

You have to be level 8 to revive them. Otherwise they have to be thrown away.