Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show off your glass roofs!

I'm actually still downloading the patch (I'm late, I know) but I've already seen some really nice pictures.

I'm sure we'd all love to see what other Simmers do with this new option. Or just simply see pretty pictures of the light streaming through.
So please feel free to share pictures and inspire others :heart:
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr

Comments

• Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    That is gorgeous! :open_mouth::heart:
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Beautiful! Can’t wait to put glass roofs on all sorts of builds, glass roof restaurant might be nice, sun pouring in whilst diners eat.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That is stunning!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @MDianaSanders They look so pretty especially the first one.

I just threw a couple more together but it's just for a save looking for bugs so I didn't bother decorating them..my excuse is the sim is poor has to get what is in his budget.
    28035667987_a021cdb8c1_b.jpg
    42185998214_0a8e7c8665_b.jpg
    Then I changed it up..when I actually make something nice I'll show that too :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @RedDestiny92 I'm sure Johnny Zest is super pleased being visible 24/7 ;) But seriously, that second one would look really nice as a greenhouse.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I placed that same glass roof down OP and I kinda feel like the swirly design was a bit distracting while playing. I decided to switch to just the plain glass sheet instead.

You get a LOT of sunlight in the day, much more than just windows.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    heh I am thinking of tormenting my sims with lots of windows and such but I left his trailer so he can hide in there ha, I'm glad we can stack the roofs like that and still look through the glass.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    I don't think i've ever been as happy as realising that glass roofs are now in the sims.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    @MDianaSanders I know right! I love all your glass roof constructions, especially the last one. It's simple, yet creative.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I built a little conservatory onto the side of my house.gI0vDdA.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2018
    My game is fully updated, so I'll start myself.

I gave my Sims' gazebo a glass roof:
    tumblr_pal1uoI3Fa1v8k7elo1_1280.png

And it works great for the little art studio that's inside it, so much natural light!
    tumblr_pal1uoI3Fa1v8k7elo2_1280.png

Oh my! I <3This!
    (I've had to start my game from scratch since I accidentally deleted one file too many, and my Sim's been painting a lot.)
    I would like to make something similar, though I am really awful at roofs (no matter what game I play, that lets you build).

I <3 the lighting so much!
    I knew I wanted the glass roofs, but wow!
    I can't wait until I put together an indoor pool, it has to be amazing with all that lighting!
    (Currently not using money cheats, so I might have to first try it for a community pool, since I don't want to wait so long for my Sim to afford it all.)
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member

And it works great for the little art studio that's inside it, so much natural light!

Did u share that to the gallery? Id love yo have it in my game!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

How did you do that?
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member

I finally completed my "Seasons" vampire house today. The glass roof was the perfect finishing touch!
    AdhEHRB.png

The top floor of the greenhouse:
    FhVFxPG.png
    I adore the lighting!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited June 2018
    @MDianaSanders Wow! How’s you do the roof in the first shot? That looks so cool! I always wanted to make a room with a slanted glass wall.
    Edit:1st shot of the 3 photos
    Post edited by BlueSeaWaves on
  • Options
    haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    Wow, these are so beautiful! I love how the sun shines though!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    while i absolutely love the new glass roofs, i'm also very slightly disappointed. was hoping there'd be one swatch (especially for the ocatagon pattern) that was tempered, so it would be black (like sunglasses) while still holding the pattern in grey or gold or whatever color picked. just because i was trying to use it to make a giant faux solar panel on top of one of my alien houses. alas
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Thanks for the comments everyone :)
    I have to go to work now, but I'll answer any questions later today once I'm back home.