Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    DaniSnow wrote: »
    After the addition of the Get To Work EP, I would like to see more fleshed out, and playable careers, or activities. For example travelling to school as a child or teenage sim, A playable Artist and criminal career, and a more intricate freelance career system. Among the developments I would like to see mostly include expanding, improving, or generally adding more depth to pre-existing packs.

This is what I hate about get famous it could of been a perfect time to of added more active careers but instead of three like get to work as well as retail we got only acting.

Well i gotta say i was so happy that Get Famous added another active career because i thought that EAxis was done with them after GTW

I like it but its only one NEW career, in a fame pack that pretty bad.

I don't think its bad to only have one of them. Tbh the focus should how on how sims would make fame, and it is important to integrate the pack with all of the content that they ever released. I would rather have them overhaul hundreds of interactions both base game and the packs to work with the fame and reputation system rather than having a new active career.

Its fine, Agree to disagree.

in the past we at least got up to 3, in this game we got 1.

its the lowest we ever got.

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited March 2019
    double post

• Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    everyone seems to agree that we need an university expansion next!! but i would also love if we got anything that let us drive cars and move around the world without getting the loading screen all the time, like they did in ts3!

I know I would love to have open world and cars back in The Sims 4, but with the way the game is created, it wouldn't be possible to make an open world. Loading screens are there, and they are there for good. There's no getting rid of them now.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2019
    After the addition of the Get To Work EP, I would like to see more fleshed out, and playable careers, or activities. For example travelling to school as a child or teenage sim, A playable Artist and criminal career, and a more intricate freelance career system. Among the developments I would like to see mostly include expanding, improving, or generally adding more depth to pre-existing packs.

This is what I hate about get famous it could of been a perfect time to of added more active careers but instead of three like get to work as well as retail we got only acting.

Well i gotta say i was so happy that Get Famous added another active career because i thought that EAxis was done with them after GTW

I don't think its bad to only have one of them. Tbh the focus should how on how sims would make fame, and it is important to integrate the pack with all of the content that they ever released. I would rather have them overhaul hundreds of interactions both base game and the packs to work with the fame and reputation system rather than having a new active career.

Weeell technically two. And I think the actor one is far more fleshed out than the ones in Superstar, personally. But more importantly, it's nice that every single career - including self-employed careers - now gain you fame and reputation. Which means, technically anyway, that we got way more than 1 or 2 :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Weeell technically two. And I think the actor one is far more fleshed out than the ones in Superstar, personally. But more importantly, it's nice that every single career - including self-employed careers - now gain you fame and reputation. Which means, technically anyway, that we got way more than 1 or 2 :)

not really its one career( acting)
    how does fame make it 2?
    yes but they are still technically old careers from the base game and packs, you don't get any more levels to them, just notifications of fame with its so called perks.
    so how is that more?
    if the had added extra levels to the old career yeah, I would of loved that, but there still the same old careers!

get to work had
    three fleshed careers,
    retail shops, including the bakery
    photography
    aliens etc etc
    that is a packed out expansion pack compared to get famous

with its
    fame
    acting
    11 lots hood

yes they did a good job with acting, but so did get to work with its multiple career chose
    this is why i think its the lowest number of active career we ever got in a sims expansion pack ever
    get to work had 3
    the sims 3 showtime had 3
    the sims 3 ambitions got about 5
    this as 1

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I was thinking if a hobbies-related EP would be cool... I can't decide if it would turn out repetitive or actually fun. I'm torn.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I was thinking if a hobbies-related EP would be cool... I can't decide if it would turn out repetitive or actually fun. I'm torn.

It would be redundant, because we already know what they would use. Writing, Painting and maybe blogging or something.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ok I'm going to call it.

My prediction is the Next Expansion gets announced the first or 2nd week of May and releases the First Week in June right after Memorial Day. Got my fingers crossed for a Tropical Beach Vacation Destination.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    See, I think University will be a game pack and that they'll make a Supernatural expansion pack that adds witches, werewolves, mummies, zombies, fairies, and mermaids, all of which can be created from CAS. Both will obviously include a new world. Then I think the stuff pack will either have something to do with cars, weddings, elders, teens, or babies.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    See, I think University will be a game pack and that they'll make a Supernatural expansion pack that adds witches, werewolves, mummies, zombies, fairies, and mermaids, all of which can be created from CAS. Both will obviously include a new world. Then I think the stuff pack will either have something to do with cars, weddings, elders, teens, or babies.

A Stuffpack couldn't add cars that would require a bigger pack or a patch.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

In a sense, it could. Just add simple vehicles and a small car mechanic skill, maybe a few more Build/Buy mode items and some CAS items, and you've got yourself a stuff pack.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    I just really really want university
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2019
    Ok I'm going to call it.

My prediction is the Next Expansion gets announced the first or 2nd week of May and releases the First Week in June right after Memorial Day. Got my fingers crossed for a Tropical Beach Vacation Destination.

I don't think they will let the EA PLAY slide before they release the pack, just saying.

My guess is they announce it somewhere between 20 -25 may and release it one month later, so they can grab EA PLAY attention.

Just like they did with Seasons last year. Basically.

But we will see ofcourse. I'm more curious about the theme (which I hope is not university. Yes I have never been a fan of University packs since TS2).
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Ok I'm going to call it.
    >
    > My prediction is the Next Expansion gets announced the first or 2nd week of May and releases the First Week in June right after Memorial Day. Got my fingers crossed for a Tropical Beach Vacation Destination.

SAME HERE Let's see if you're right. Here's to hoping!!!!! I honestly don't really care about what the pack is; I love new content regardless. I'm not the biggest fan of supernatural stuff but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm also really hoping for an island pack. I remember seeing you in the other discussion about the "Tiki Island Paradise Idea (Detailed)" thread! I think we're both really hoping that if there's an island EP it's something along those lines right?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It might be fun to have an airport, dock, and bus station. I'd also like more places for Sims to hang out that aren't bars or coffee shops.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options

In a sense, it could. Just add simple vehicles and a small car mechanic skill, maybe a few more Build/Buy mode items and some CAS items, and you've got yourself a stuff pack.

Cars wouldn't work in a Stuffpack just like lounge chairs,picnic baskets and porch swings wouldnt.
  • Options
    Tayra wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling that Maxis and EA will be releasing all of the packs for the consoles and close off The Sims 4? Not to try and dampen this thread or anything, but that's what it seems like that's what's happening to the game as a whole.

EA isn't doing that.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    It might be fun to have an airport, dock, and bus station. I'd also like more places for Sims to hang out that aren't bars or coffee shops.

In this game. most likely they would be added as part of the backdrops/illusions we already have in the game.

agree enough already EA of the same old lots, how about some NEW ones for a change!

all you see is

lounge
    bars
    gyms
    parks
    library
    museum

how many more do we need seriously
    the sims 3 at least gave us loads of different types of NEW lots.
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, a Uni-based expansion would have to be done much differently than the ones from Sims2 and 3 for me to buy it before it goes on sale. I played both of the previous expansions and was unimpressed after the first month or so of playing them. A teaching career would be a nice addition to the game but an entire expansion based on attending college, frat parties, secret societies, etc. just isn't my idea of a good time. It's simply a grind of doing the same things over and over. At least that's how it was in the past.

Expanding and improving on what is in the game right now would be time well spent by the development teams, in my opinion. There are mods out there that cover the teaching career and going to college if one is inclined to want them in the game. Improving the family tree and my Sims' relationship status with distant family members has been needed for a long time. An Island Paradise style expansion is something that would introduce swimmable oceans and beaches to the list of fun things to do with our Sims. With our Sims' ability to make fortunes we need a way to spend their Simoleans, and having expensive vacation spots would help with that problem. I am constantly using cheats to keep their fortunes from becoming totally ridiculous. It is simply too easy to make every Sim a billionaire in Sims4. More meaningful romantic interactions would be nice. Those have been toned down so much they hardly matter at all. There is no slow dancing in Sims4. Why? Is it because the devs can't find a way for our Sims to occupy the same space? They can walk through one another while in a group yet can't hold one another and share a romantic interlude on a dance floor? We have multi-tasking yet can't have our Sims cuddle while watching a romantic movie together? They always turn off the tv before doing the cuddle interaction. SMH

I am not saying I don't want a Uni expansion at all. I am simply saying there is so much more they COULD do before that happens. Things that would build on what we have now that seem incomplete. We need more holiday traditions and club activities. Simmers have been asking for these since Seasons was released. So we rely on mods to fill in the gaps. There are problems that came with Cats and Dogs that still have not been taken care of properly. As summer approaches I think about all the things from Sims3 that I miss. Summers in Sims3 were the best. From sunburns to jet skis to swimming, the kiosks serving summertime eats and treats, I miss all of it. Travelling to exotic vacation spots and learning the cultures and new skills, bringing home new harvestables and actually being able to use them in new recipes. I may end up going back to Sims3 for a few days just to get a 'fix' and satisfy my craving for these things. Waiting for bug-fixing mods to be updated after the last patch would be the perfect time to do that, I guess.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Well, a Uni-based expansion would have to be done much differently than the ones from Sims2 and 3 for me to buy it before it goes on sale. I played both of the previous expansions and was unimpressed after the first month or so of playing them. A teaching career would be a nice addition to the game but an entire expansion based on attending college, frat parties, secret societies, etc. just isn't my idea of a good time. It's simply a grind of doing the same things over and over. At least that's how it was in the past.

Expanding and improving on what is in the game right now would be time well spent by the development teams, in my opinion. There are mods out there that cover the teaching career and going to college if one is inclined to want them in the game. Improving the family tree and my Sims' relationship status with distant family members has been needed for a long time. An Island Paradise style expansion is something that would introduce swimmable oceans and beaches to the list of fun things to do with our Sims. With our Sims' ability to make fortunes we need a way to spend their Simoleans, and having expensive vacation spots would help with that problem. I am constantly using cheats to keep their fortunes from becoming totally ridiculous. It is simply too easy to make every Sim a billionaire in Sims4. More meaningful romantic interactions would be nice. Those have been toned down so much they hardly matter at all. There is no slow dancing in Sims4. Why? Is it because the devs can't find a way for our Sims to occupy the same space? They can walk through one another while in a group yet can't hold one another and share a romantic interlude on a dance floor? We have multi-tasking yet can't have our Sims cuddle while watching a romantic movie together? They always turn off the tv before doing the cuddle interaction. SMH

I am not saying I don't want a Uni expansion at all. I am simply saying there is so much more they COULD do before that happens. Things that would build on what we have now that seem incomplete. We need more holiday traditions and club activities. Simmers have been asking for these since Seasons was released. So we rely on mods to fill in the gaps. There are problems that came with Cats and Dogs that still have not been taken care of properly. As summer approaches I think about all the things from Sims3 that I miss. Summers in Sims3 were the best. From sunburns to jet skis to swimming, the kiosks serving summertime eats and treats, I miss all of it. Travelling to exotic vacation spots and learning the cultures and new skills, bringing home new harvestables and actually being able to use them in new recipes. I may end up going back to Sims3 for a few days just to get a 'fix' and satisfy my craving for these things. Waiting for bug-fixing mods to be updated after the last patch would be the perfect time to do that, I guess.

PREACH.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member

In this game. most likely they would be added as part of the backdrops/illusions we already have in the game.

agree enough already EA of the same old lots, how about some NEW ones for a change!

all you see is

lounge
    bars
    gyms
    parks
    library
    museum

We have a few more lots than that....

We also have
    retail,
    cafe’s,
    restaurants,
    night clubs,
    pools,
    karaoke bars,
    spa’s,
    veterinary clinic,
    Arts center
    Rental
    And I can’t remember if there are others.

I would like to see:

a movie theatre
    A grocery store
    An arcade
    Hotels/ motels
    Gas station…,,
    Sports venues
    Hobby venues
    Science venue
    Zoo venue
    Amusement park venue
    Carnival game venue
    Farm/ home venue
    Skii /toboggin venue
    Magic venue
    Pet store ( where you can also sell cats and .......dogs) as well as other animals and pet ........items. Pet food, and items in the pet ...,,,,,,vending dispenser at the vet clinic
    Rental venue (to go along with residential,
    ......,not just for vacation worlds)
    Apartment venue ( for places other than San
    San Myshuno)
    Mall venue

For building I would also like to see:
    real elevators
    Spiral stairs
    L shaped stairs

• Options
    edited April 2019
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

all you see is

lounge
    bars
    gyms
    parks
    library
    museum

We have a few more lots than that....

We also have
    retail,
    cafe’s,
    restaurants,
    night clubs,
    pools,
    karaoke bars,
    spa’s,
    veterinary clinic,
    Arts center
    Rental
    And I can’t remember if there are others.

I would like to see:

a movie theatre
    A grocery store
    An arcade
    Hotels/ motels
    Gas station…,,
    Sports venues
    Hobby venues
    Science venue
    Zoo venue
    Amusement park venue
    Carnival game venue
    Farm/ home venue
    Skii /toboggin venue
    Magic venue
    Pet store ( where you can also sell cats and .......dogs) as well as other animals and pet ........items. Pet food, and items in the pet ...,,,,,,vending dispenser at the vet clinic
    Rental venue (to go along with residential,
    ......,not just for vacation worlds)
    Apartment venue ( for places other than San
    San Myshuno)
    Mall venue

For building I would also like to see:
    real elevators
    Spiral stairs
    L shaped stairs

I mean the basic ones from the base game. they use in the new hoods
    every town get all or some of these below instead of more New lots,

lounge
    bars
    gyms
    parks
    library
    museum

why do we need so many of those 6 above, when we get new hoods, instead of more New types.

I want all you listed to.

get famous and strangerville both use these type of lots again, no new ones

• Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    So if EA play is on 7-9 June and last year they released seasons for EA Play and it came out to the public a week later, then we could probably expect this new pack around 14 June. Which means they should announce around 14 May, as they did with Seasons, which means a few more weeks till all this speculation ends and we finally know what this pack is! Hopefully...
  • Options
    So if EA play is on 7-9 June and last year they released seasons for EA Play and it came out to the public a week later, then we could probably expect this new pack around 14 June. Which means they should announce around 14 May, as they did with Seasons, which means a few more weeks till all this speculation ends and we finally know what this pack is! Hopefully...

YESSSS
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

After that the speculation will continue about what the next pack is going to be after the next pack though. x)