Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story ideas for Seasons!

I was thinking for quite some time now what kind of story I want to play out when Seasons comes out. With everything I could gather from the live stream, didn't watch everything, as I want to still have some discoveries to make on my own, but everything I gathered leads me to the idea to finally get into playing an Alien Sim. Or possibly get one Sim abducted and have an Alien baby come out of it. Then I will put all my focus on the growing up Alien and will make him/her a botanist, with Science ambitions, also a love to bee keeping etc. I think it would be an amazing story to play an alien who actually does take care of all sorts of plants and wild life! Something among those lines came to me, seeing all those amazing possibilities! :)

With that being said, what kind of story do you plan for in your game, once you have Seasons?

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    As I've said but am always happy to share again I have a save prepared to dump a sort of rags to riches sort of couple in for winter, as it's cheaper to keep the broken down shack up than repair everything that is what it's left for. They will have to renovate it while building a family because yes. Also, I have to get two more generations of a legacy I had going in ts2 so they'll get the lighter family fun of it all.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've said it a bunch of times but I'm doing a Stardew Valley inspired world with characters from it ... it has so many personalities that Seasons will be fun to play with the characters. I'm most looking forward to watching my tent living outdoor man figure out how to live like that or if he even can. I have a few science sims so the weather machine will come in handy and I'll have the kids be scouts. I'm also looking forward to gardening and the new career/activities around that. So much to look forward too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm on my second generation of Stardew Valley Sims, and it'll be great to have seasons in the game. I wish we could have the music, too, but you can't have everything. I'm not sure all my holidays will be at the same time as the Stardew Valley ones, but it's great that we can have an egg hunt and the Feast of the Winter Star. Too bad about the Moonlight Jellies, but I'll try to come up with something. Anyway, I'm playing 10 households in rotation, and whatever happens in them will be the basis for my story.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm on my second generation of Stardew Valley Sims, and it'll be great to have seasons in the game. I wish we could have the music, too, but you can't have everything. I'm not sure all my holidays will be at the same time as the Stardew Valley ones, but it's great that we can have an egg hunt and the Feast of the Winter Star. Too bad about the Moonlight Jellies, but I'll try to come up with something. Anyway, I'm playing 10 households in rotation, and whatever happens in them will be the basis for my story.

Yahh, love to hear it. I don't really plan to age them up for a long, long time if ever but I have adapted them to fit what we have in game.. so it's Stardew/Sims for the most part but yes I plan on having every holiday that matches theirs and a few revolving around Yoba (their diety for those shaking their head in misunderstanding or even exasperation).
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm on my second matriarch in the 100 Baby Challenge.....& her gardening skill currently is higher than any other skill....so she will be making money by gardening & flower arrangements.

My other Save is the Not So Berry Legacy Challenge ...& I'm in Gen 3 about to head into Gen 4....and Gen 4 is all about family play. I think the holidays and traditions will tie in so nicely with family play.

I also have a vampire Save...& I'm super excited to see how Seasons tie in with vampires...whether or not weather will affect them. I haven't seen any information on that. But my vampire....she's very mischievous so I can totally see her into the weather machine & she throws tons of parties. I'm excited to see Forgotten Hollow during a thunderstorm...and having a Spooky Holiday or Party.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited June 2018
    I plan on killing off my sims husband but I want him to enjoy seasons while he can. Once he is gone his wife will be sad and will be forced to raise 3 kids so she’ll enroll them in the scouts to keep them busy and so they’re not an entire strain for her. And to get through her sadness she’ll fix up her garden and hopefully with the new garden system be able to grow a beautiful garden in a glasshouse.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I plan on killing off my sims husband but I want him to enjoy seasons while he can. Once he is gone his wife will be sad and will be forced to raise 3 kids so she’ll enroll them in the scouts to keep them busy and so they’re not an entire strain for her. And to get through her sadness she’ll fix up her garden and hopefully with the new garden system be able to grow a beautiful garden in a glasshouse.

This made me literally LOL!

“I plan on killing him, but I want him to enjoy seasons while he can.”. :D

Only in the sims... haha!

I’m the same type of player. My last save I had a plan that my single mother sim would die after giving birth (terrible drowning tragedy, couldn’t be avoided!). Her son was raised by his aunt. My fiancé says I’m a monster. >:)

For seasons, I’ll have a somewhat happy family! Going to start with a Mom and Dad, child aged son. He’ll be a scout and Mom is going to be really into gardening. Not sure what Dad will do maybe just business, a “food on the table” kind of guy.

It’s a shame the son will grow up and marry his childhood sweetheart, only to be cheated on and later divorced. :D;):p
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member

This made me literally LOL!

“I plan on killing him, but I want him to enjoy seasons while he can.”. :D

Only in the sims... haha!

I’m the same type of player. My last save I had a plan that my single mother sim would die after giving birth (terrible drowning tragedy, couldn’t be avoided!). Her son was raised by his aunt. My fiancé says I’m a monster. >:)

For seasons, I’ll have a somewhat happy family! Going to start with a Mom and Dad, child aged son. He’ll be a scout and Mom is going to be really into gardening. Not sure what Dad will do maybe just business, a “food on the table” kind of guy.

It’s a shame the son will grow up and marry his childhood sweetheart, only to be cheated on and later divorced. :D;):p
    I’m not a total monster to let him miss out on seasons >:) . Ooo :o you're devious, I like your plans, especially the childhood sweetheart ending. Life didn’t always have happy endings. I might just copy that, thanks for the idea! ;) Seriously that’s good though, the plan!10/10
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    something something Stormageddon
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I might just be crazy, but I am seeing so many opportunities for cult-type and weird stuff.

- celebrate leader of cult's bday with a holiday
    - create a weird gnome-obsessed kingdom where everyone dresses in that gnome suits and "appeases the gnome", eats garden salad etc.
    - create a cool bee-themed castle with all the honeycomb stuff and have a weird Bee Lord that attacks his enemies with a swarm.
    - a day of sacrifice in the middle of winter where only the purest of sims survive: polar bear lunge.
    - a day of frantically dancing naked around bonfires and fighting

Basically, this is going to be quite fun :trollface:
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thank you all for your contributions! I totally love reading what you are all having planned for your games!

Special thanks to @Louise_G0325 because that sounds totally awesome! Especially the bee lord theme!
    This gives me an amazing idea. Maybe I create an evil Sim who is dressed all in black and yellow and he thinks he is the bee king, having tons of bees around him and a house that is styled with honeycombs, now only need to find new wall colors that support this vision! :wink: OH this will be so much fun!!! :smiley:
    Post edited by Tanja1986 on
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Oh these bee lord ideas are fun! I don’t usually play very unrealisticly but maybe even that weird neighbor that no one really knows what he’s up to. He spends all his time out in his shed with all these bees... it’s like hes friends with them or something! Some people swear they saw him command them to attack when Mrs. Jones let her dog do his business on his lawn. Someone should really report him to the local municipality. It can’t be legal to keep thousands of bees, can it? :D
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    In my game, there's a couple that just conceived their first child. I was planning to have her go into labor during a blizzard, unable to get to the hospital. The baby's positioned badly and they're forced to do a home birth all on their own.

The in-law was head of the police department before he turned to politics, I wanted him to pull some strings to get the police to the apartment to help with the birth. Yet, try as they might, they can't get there either. A couple of friends that live in the same building will try to help but, basically, it's going to be up to their mental fortitude and mother nature.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    my story is how Weather was brought back after finding the Crystal in selvdorada for a weather machine.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    My story is gonna to about four sisters. They're gonna be like The Golden Girls!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2018
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I was thinking for quite some time now what kind of story I want to play out when Seasons comes out. With everything I could gather from the live stream, didn't watch everything, as I want to still have some discoveries to make on my own, but everything I gathered leads me to the idea to finally get into playing an Alien Sim. Or possibly get one Sim abducted and have an Alien baby come out of it. Then I will put all my focus on the growing up Alien and will make him/her a botanist, with Science ambitions, also a love to bee keeping etc. I think it would be an amazing story to play an alien who actually does take care of all sorts of plants and wild life! Something among those lines came to me, seeing all those amazing possibilities! :)

With that being said, what kind of story do you plan for in your game, once you have Seasons?

E.T. was a botanist. :)
    That should be a fun scenario.
    My Story scenario began with Parenthood, but now I have to consider how Seasons will benefit it.

I am playing an orphanage for peculiar sims.
    One of the children is an alien whose parents died and left her stranded of Sim-Earth.
    02-11-18_3-57-24nbspPM.png

The orphanage is located on an island in Windenburg.
    The scenario is inspired by Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    02-20-18_9-31-28nbspAM.png

I also have cat sims.
    They are a custom life-state. The story goes that they were created by a rouge scientist.
    He stole DNA from the recovered aliens and used what he learned from the genetic material to combine human and cat DNA to create cat sims. The three cat sims were taken away from him and relocated with Miss Peregrine.
    02-11-18_3-59-46nbspPM.png

Miss Peregrine runs the orphanage.
    She uses money earned from writing children's books and from gardening to support it.
    05-24-17_10-14-25nbspPM.png

Seasons should be a nice addition to my scenario.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @CK213, your sun room is gorgeous. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    WOW! I am in love with your orphanage @CK213 Also the part with all the gardening plants is just simply stunning!
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    @Hermitgirl @MVWdeZT

Omg, a stardew valley save?! That sounds brilliant! I gotta set one up for myself now, holy cow, and holidays to match too!!?.... i think i might pass out from excitement.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'm starting a new save to play the ea premades in a rotation. I want to see what trouble I can get them into and get to know them all. I'm a builder not a sim maker and it'll be fun to play all the personalities!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    @CK213, your sun room is gorgeous. :)

It's a nice space and there is a small pond just outside.
    I wish we had a functioning tea set. I would put it here.
    05-21-17_9-08-34nbspPM.png

05-23-17_6-01-38nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2018
    Heres a newpaper clipping to give some backstory on weathers Return to simnation

69bd6dd47a66488d97d9c550a1616f53.0.jpg
    Post edited by Cynel1 on
  • LivthernLivthern Posts: 7 New Member
    I think this idea probably wouldn’t be favored by you guys but, here is the idea.

There is a beautiful young woman. Karslin Strickland. She has very little money and her toddler, Nia’s father left soon after her birth. Karslin has to maintain her health her toddlers health, Try to find a husband, maintain a relationship, and keep a job. She also really wants to be in the highest of the botanist career. She wants to be able to make thanksgiving dinners, and buy a Christmas tree, as well as buy presents for her darling Nia. Now that’s a challenge!
    :s It sounds like a lot thinking about it, lol.
    Also, I have a question!
    So, I have a laptop. And I had a .org in/ea account. I also have a ps4 I bought different expansion packs on the ps4 then the ones on my laptop. My laptop recently broke down and I’m currently getting it fixed. If I can figure out a way to log in to my ea account through my ps4, I may be a happy camper! Help me out!