Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Body Presets and Randomisation

AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
Recently, CmarNYC has released a fantastic tool for creating custom CAS presets and sliders over at MTS.

After playing around with the tool and creations by other creators, I was wondering: The tool has an option to set the percentage chance that the game will choose one of the custom presets when a Sim is randomised. Does the game take this percentage into account when randomising full body presets?

I ask because I took some ear presets made by Luumia and gave them a random use percentage of 1 and the game will occassionally assign them to newly created Sims. Actually more often than I expected it to considering I gave it such a low value.

Luumia has also created some new full body presets that alter the height of a Sim when applied. I attempted to add a random use percentage to these as well but I have had no luck with the game actually using them. I have tried values of 100, 150, 90, and 1, but the game will never select the preset no matter how many times I press the Randomise button in CAS. The only other EA preset I have seen to behave like this is the heaviest full body preset, this is also never chosen by the game when randomising Sims.

Is there some other value that the game looks for when randomising the fully body shape or am I perhaps missing something? I would have expected all CAS presets to work on a similar basis when the game picks them, but I guess not.

Can you shed any light on this @SimGuruModSquad ?

ETA: I belive the issue I was experiencing was caused by the fact that I disabled the full body slider for all ages except for Teens. Basically I am trying to alter one of the shorter body presets so that Teens will always be generated with it.
But from my experimentation since originally making this post, I have discovered that the game will not use the preset if it is enabled only for Teens. I tried enabling it only for YA and this had the result of having it only show in CAS for YA BUT it could be chosen at random for Sims of any age Teen and upward. This also meant that it carried over as I aged a Sim which wasn't what I was looking for.
So I guess the next questions now then are if it is possible to only enable the preset for Teens, still have the game be able to choose it AND have Sims revert to regular height when they age?
a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
Thoughts on a new wall mode?
Post edited by Alistu on

Comments

• VicThaKillaVicThaKilla Posts: 33 New Member
    I love having a variety of body presets to choose from in my game!