Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    I found one!

A street has 100 houses. The houses are numbered 1 to 100. How many nines are there in all those numbers?

Answer: 11 Times
    (9, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, 89, 99)

INCORRECT.

No riddle answers may be locked in for the coming 3 hours. This riddle may not be corrected in the future.
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Oh fudge, I might have an idea what the problem is
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    You forgot 90 xD
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    Of course I did, I'm sorry guys :sweat_smile:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    edited April 2020
    Dang, how could I forget that number, now I'm moving us back a bit... I feel stupid
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ever number from 90 to 99 has at least 1 9 :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Oh, I mean that the flowers are b i g g, and that the censor on this forum was too overzealous. :D
    In an Italian town the following facts apply:

No citizens have the same number of hairs. Not a single citizen has exactly 40360 hairs. There are more citizens than there are hairs on the head of any single citizen.

What is the biggest possible amount of citizens this town can have (given that there's not an infinite amount of citizens?)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Should be answerable in about an hour :)

I really hope we get this right
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I'm not yet sure about this one. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hmm....we can look at the case where there are 40360 citizens.

The range of possible hair values would be 0 to 40359. Each one of these numbers can be distributed to exactly one citizen, so it still works.

I think it works for population values from 1 to 40360. Once we hit 40361 and above though, we only have access to n - 1 possible values for the amount of hair strands, forcing us to assign the same number of strands to two citizens.

No citizens have the same number of hairs. Not a single citizen has exactly 40360 hairs. There are more citizens than there are hairs on the head of any single citizen.

What is the biggest possible amount of citizens this town can have (given that there's not an infinite amount of citizens?)

icmnfrsh wrote: »

CORRECT

The bus slows down with 5 km/h and is now only driving with 5 km/h.

The remaining time will be multiplied with 2. (On phone atm, can't do the exact math atm).
    Banner.png
    Great, only one riddle left and we get da mollah!
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Great, only one riddle left and we get da mollah!

Yay :D

Okay let me try to find something :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    A boy at home is looking via a mirror to the clock. Then he leaves to school by bike, where he arrives after twenty minutes. At that moment the school clock shows a time that is two and a half hours later than the time the boy thought he saw on the clock at home.

At what time did the boy arrive at school?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Time for some maths again
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    A boy at home is looking via a mirror to the clock. Then he leaves to school by bike, where he arrives after twenty minutes. At that moment the school clock shows a time that is two and a half hours later than the time the boy thought he saw on the clock at home.

He must have arrived at 1:25 PM, because 20 Minutes earlier it was 1:05 PM, which in the mirror would be shown as 10:55 AM, which is exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes earlier than when he actually looked at the clock from the mirror
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    And?

Body is 1 character too short.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png

He must have arrived at 1:25 PM, because 20 Minutes earlier it was 1:05 PM, which in the mirror would be shown as 10:55 AM, which is exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes earlier than when he actually looked at the clock from the mirror

INCORRECT!

Schools don't start in the afternoon.

No riddle answers may be locked in for the coming 3 hours. This riddle may not be corrected in the future.
    Banner.png

Such a tardy boy :joy:

Drats, I thought I had it, and there are actually people who are this late, so I thought it would make sense
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Drats, I thought I had it, and there are actually people who are this late, so I thought it would make sense

It was a good attempt, Yannik. I tried your solution and it looked correct to me. 🤔

Okay, as far as I'm aware, there are two possible riddles left, and we only need one to get the money, so I hope thtat later tonight, we can get the last one

I will try to make these riddles complete and later we can try to answer them
    c6fj8ujnodut.png