Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Great job to Choco for uncovering most of it, though
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    I got that straight away, but didn't realize we'd solved it :s
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Working on the episode - though school's also claiming focus, so I'm doing things inbetween. Almost finished the song and dance - which took over 100 pictures. :sweat_smile: Typical.

Anyway, there's also another thing I'm seriously considering - After Smarties renumbered some seasons for his show Abnormality, the road to doing that myself is also easier. The murder mystery is currently technically 'season 1', but because the tone for that is different from the reality show I'd like to change that to either 'season 0' or to a standalone title; this would also mean that Season 2 (Appaloosa Plains) becomes Season 1 and that Season 3 will become Season 2.

Any thoughts about that?
    Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I wouldn’t want that. I’m fine with the way it is right now. I mean season 1 is technically the first season to be released. Renunbering would just make things even more complicated for players who joined later.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    An alternative way is to name it after the town each season’s based in. For example, season 2 can be named like Jetset: Appaloosa Plains

The current season can be Jetset: Shang Simla.

The first season can just be Jetset.
    ._.
    Yeah, renumbering things in the middle of a season could be confusing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Hmm, you both have a point about that it can confuse people. Though that would be temporarily (most people are used to Abnormality's by now), it is a legit concern.

My main goal with restyling season names is to detach the murder mystery from the main show, since it's rather unethical to treat a homicide like a reality game. (Which makes it in a way unethical of Min Hee and Odessa to make a show out of it in the first place, but I guess everyone has their hypocrite flaws).
    I'm considering Choco's idea of subtitles, but then I would have to come up with a more different title for the murder mystery, just 'Jetset' wouldn't work for that purpose.
    Banner.png
    How about: "The Original Jetset"? Or if you want a bit more clear, "The Original Jetset: A Murder Mystery"?
    Jacob_Banner.png
    It did make me wonder why Odessa and Min Hee chose to simulate a traumatic experience repeatedly :D

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It did make me wonder why Odessa and Min Hee chose to simulate a traumatic experience repeatedly :D

An interesting question - and the two did have a few moments which just might imply that old wounds haven't fully healed yet... It's a theme I planned to explore later on this season. :o
    Banner.png
    How about: "The Original Jetset"? Or if you want a bit more clear, "The Original Jetset: A Murder Mystery"?

Hmm... it doesn't have the full ring to it yet.
    Banner.png

Hmm... it doesn't have the full ring to it yet.

You're right. I thought that when I was trying to come up with something. But how about this related version that popped into my brain?

"Jetset: The Original Murder Mystery"

Dunno if that's any good, but that's what popped into my head in the middle of a webinar. :)
    Jacob_Banner.png
    To be honest that still feels a little too indirect imo. :/
    Banner.png
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Idea for the name of season 1:

Jetset: The One With All the Murder
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Jetset, the deadly outcome.
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Jetset, Nightmare on the ocean
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    Idea for the name of season 1:

Jetset: The One With All the Murder

Reminds me of Friends. And all Challenges are referred to with similar titles on page one, so that link is too strong.

What if someone made a Friends-style video clip? :smiley:

Alleenmens wrote: »
    Jetset, the deadly outcome.

Not quite yet... :/

Alleenmens wrote: »
    Jetset, Nightmare on the ocean

A bit better. :)
    Banner.png
    I'm almost finished writing the Challenge part of the Episode - if anyone wants to write a DRE for next episode then now's your chance! :)

@ChocoCub @icmnfrsh @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299
    Banner.png
    Oooh - do I still have time to get a DRE in? I’ve got me ideas still, maybe I’ll just send it in anyway and you can use it whenever. :)
    Oooh - do I still have time to get a DRE in? I’ve got me ideas still, maybe I’ll just send it in anyway and you can use it whenever. :)

Oh you can, I was hoping you'd do one in. :)

Brother + family visited today, so I couldn't make much progress. :/
    Banner.png

I will work on it as soon as I get out of bed :)

I will work on it as soon as I get out of bed :)

I wonder how long you're planning to stay under the warm sheets :p

Anyway, here's a note for all people playing: I'd strongly recommend thinking of a storyline for your Sims to follow. Some people have set some wheels in motion already for their Sims, which is great, so the more Sims growing their life experience on Jetset, the merrier. :)
    Banner.png
    Ah I'm thinking about getting a DRE for my sims too, I'll try to get one in tomorrow, hopefully.
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Ah I'm thinking about getting a DRE for my sims too, I'll try to get one in tomorrow, hopefully.

Hopevully.
    Banner.png
    ChocoCub wrote: »

This is the first time I'm seeing your signature and might I just say...wow. What a charming 1940s man.