Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Ethan and Kiki fourth please :)
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited November 2018
    So for now we have

First - Benjamin and Melinda or Oliver and Iris
    Second - Eugene and Wendell
    Third - Frey and Jay
    Fourth - Ethan and Kiki
    Fifth -
    Sixth -
    Seventh -
    Eight -

Feel free to discuss what positions would be best for others to pick, and yes, you can change your pick. :)
    Banner.png
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm happy going first with Icey barring any firm preferences. Should me and Tiger (Pearl and Wendi) go fifth then? Or does anyone have any better ideas? :)
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    We can go fifth, I’m fine with that :)
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    Euphelia & Lucas for 6th please :D if thats fine
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
    Which makes it:

First - Oliver and Iris
    Third - Frey and Jay
    Fourth - Ethan and Kiki
    Fifth - Pearl and Wendi
    Sixth - Euphelia and Lucas
    Seventh -
    Eight -

Which leaves us with Benjamin & Melinda and Hannes & Meredith. If anyone would like to make a change it's allowed to throw it in.
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Hannes and Meredith can take 7th
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    edited November 2018
    Which makes it:

First - Oliver and Iris
    Third - Freya and Jayda
    Fourth - Ethan and Kiki
    Fifth - Pearl and Wendi
    Seventh - Hannes and Meredith
    Eight - Benjamin and Melinda

Is everybody in agreement with this order?

@ChocoCub @icmnfrsh @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299
    Banner.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'm OK with that, sorry I haven't been very active. Got a lot going on. :s
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sounds good
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I'm OK with that, sorry I haven't been very active. Got a lot going on. :s

Wishing you the best. :star: *activate positivity aura. Zzzzzzooooooommmmmm*
    Banner.png
    edited November 2018
    CURRENT CHALLENGE

AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 COUNTRIES

The Jetsetters are brought to a park in the city of Shang Simla. There is a table, with the following world map on top of it.

World%2BMap.png

Full Size Map - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k4C4hkVk-doAmOvYVfJPix0ieqYskHof

Min Hee: "You have decided on a playing order."
    Odessa: "About the Challenge itself: you will try to go and travel a full lap around the world in 80 countries!"
    Min Hee: "You will start off in Ghana, which lies in Africa, slightly north on the point where the Prime Meridian and the Equator meet."
    Odessa: "You will, in the order that you just decided on, take turns in moving to an adjacent country to travel to, with no second visits allowed. After that the next duo will travel in the same fashion, et cetera."

Min Hee: "To overcome the oceans and seas, we have defined a definition of 'adjacent' for a couple of situations."
    Odessa: "Countries sharing a border directly, such as China-India, are considered adjacent."
    Min Hee: "Travelling overseas within a continent, like Japan-South Korea, is only allowed when: 1) there is no possible route by not going overseas (South Korea-China can go through North-Korea), and 2) the distance between the countries is less than 500 km."
    Odessa: "Travelling overseas between different continents is only allowed within a horizontally or vertically adjacent 'square'; (made by circles or latitude and meridians)."

Min Hee: "Before we start off; I've got 8 envelopes here. One per duo."
    Odessa: "Each envelope has 2 country names in them, one worth §10.000 and the other worth §20.000."
    Min Hee: "The route you take has to go through these countries in order to add the money to your pile."
    Odessa: "However: only one of these can earn you money, if you first travel through the §10.000, the §20.000 will be worthless, and vice versa."

Min Hee: "To finish this Challenge, you have to end the route back in Ghana and make it a circle. If you finish in 75-85 countries, all the money you picked up will go to the Jetsetters."
    Odessa: "Per country under 75 or over 85 however, §10.000 will be taken and put in the Assassin's stockpile instead."
    Min Hee: "There are also ways to earn Clues this Challenge. The first way is to finish in exactly 80 countries for a Clue for the entire group."
    Odessa: "The other way, which earns you a private Clue, is to make a move which makes finishing the route impossible.

Min Hee: "If you have any questions, feel free to ask them so we can clear them up."
    Odessa: "Good luck and lots of wisdom."

@ChocoCub @icmnfrsh @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299
    Banner.png
    edited November 2018
    Playing order
    >> First - Oliver and Iris <<
    Third - Freya and Jayda
    Fourth - Ethan and Kiki
    Fifth - Pearl and Wendi
    Seventh - Hannes and Meredith
    Eight - Benjamin and Melinda

@ChocoCub @icmnfrsh @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299
    Banner.png
    Question: Does this mean we can't go from the contiguous USA to Canada to Alaska? But we can also skip Canada and move from the USA to any country adjacent to Hawaii and Alaska?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Question: Does this mean we can't go from the contiguous USA to Canada to Alaska? But we can also skip Canada and move from the USA to any country adjacent to Hawaii and Alaska?

It does. In the top left corner Russia connects to Canada and the USA.
    Banner.png
    Interesting

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I'll need to read the rules again lol
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    So can my group travel form Denmark to Canada via Greenland :joy: Or is it considered an independent 'country' in this challenge?
    ._.
    Interesting

edited November 2018
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    So can my group travel form Denmark to Canada via Greenland :joy: Or is it considered an independent 'country' in this challenge?

They're different colours. So I'd consider them different countries.
    Edit: Greenland has it's own capital as well. So they're different countries for sure.
    Banner.png
    Some people noted me in the PM that they didn't fully understand the Challenge yet. So look and behold, an example.

Example.png

In this example we start off in Kiev, Ukraine, friends. First playing are Oliver-Iris. Their first move could be to go to Russia. After that move, it's the turn of Eugene-Wendell, they travel to Georgia. Then Freya-Jayda play, they go to Azerbaijan. Ethan-Kiki then move to Armenia.
    Pearl-Wendi then go to Iran. Euphelia-Lucas move to Turkmenistan, Hannes-Meredith go to Kazakhstan and Benjamin-Melinda go to Kyrgyzstan from there. From there on Oliver-Iris play again, then Eugene-Wendell, and so forth.
    Banner.png
    So can I travel from the UK > Faroe Islands > Iceland > Greenland > Canada?
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    So can I travel from the UK > Faroe Islands > Iceland > Greenland > Canada?

You could go from the UK > Faroe Islands, then Yannik-Smarties can > Iceland, Ninja-Smarties can > Greenland, etc cetera.
    Banner.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I am completely lost, I'm rubbish at things to do with maps.
    edited November 2018
    Welp this is one route I suggest. Considering that we can only visit each country once. Is there a way for us to go to Latin America without crossing the US twice?

gfIeNTJ.png
    ._.