Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited February 2019
    The 5 duos who will Play Hard to Achieve Victory are going to play a game of Mahjong Solitaire.

How the game works is explained in these videos:

https://youtu.be/S-TGQzDpYr0
    https://youtu.be/eEg_ykmCnes

The tiles however, are not ordinary Mahjong tiles, they come in several types:

1) Money tiles. If a duo matches 2 tiles of the same amount of Simoleons, they add that amount to the Jetsetter's winnings. Blue numbers indicate a low amount, green numbers represent a medium amount and red numbers stand for a high amount of Simoleons. Every amount has 4 tiles total.

2) Clue tiles. If a duo matches 2 Clue tiles, they earn a private Clue for after the Challenge. There are 8 Clue tiles in total, which means a maximum of 4 duos can earn a Clue. A duo can only earn 1 Clue, even if they match multiple sets.

3) Switch tiles. If a duo matches 2 Switch tiles, the members of the duo will change partners after the Challenge is over. Players who do not grab these tiles will stay with their partners, the change will occur only among all duos who match a Switch tile set.

Mahjong%2BField%2BFull.png

This is the field you will be playing on. The darker layer is the bottom level, the lighter layer the top level. There are tiles underneath the top level tiles, but they are only revealed once the top level tile on it is gone.

You can decide yourselves on a playing order.

Good luck and lots of wisdom.

@ChocoCub @icmnfrsh @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Well I'm ready and waiting. :D
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Well I'm ready and waiting. :D

Same here. :) Let's get the game moving again. :)
    Banner.png
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Ready. Can do any playing order. :)
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Jetsetters,

Since this isn't really hurrying up, would it be an idea to make the playing order a First Come, First Serve thing? Which means, Kitty can play first, then Lilli could play, then a third person could play, until all duos have played.
    We can then either keep that order as the playing order, or keep playing on a First Come, First Serve basis.

Thoughts?

@ChocoCub @icmnfrsh @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299
    Banner.png
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    I imagine it’d be better to settle on an order, so at least to start we can make it first come, first serve, and then just carry that order over for each progressive round.
    I'll go first then.

I'd like to match $250, not sure how I'm supposed to tell you? :D
    edited February 2019
    I'll go first then.

Mahjong%2BField%2BFull%2BCoordinates.png

Good call.

Just added a coordinates map. :) Just call the coordinates of the tiles you'd like to match.

Though a §250 match isn't possible atm. :/ Only tiles on the left or right are eligible.
    Banner.png
    I'll go first then.

Good call.

Just added a coordinates map. :) Just call the coordinates of the tiles you'd like to match.

Though a §250 match isn't possible atm. :/ Only tiles on the left or right are eligible.

Erm clearly I don't know what I'm doing. :sweat_smile:

I thought we can only do the middle part. :s
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll go first then.

Good call.

I thought so too because it's mahjong, but I guess not. :D But this isn't the game I'm playing, so IDK
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    In mahjong the outside tiles that are not covered by any other pieces are eligible to be played. (Has been playing wah to much mahjong lately...)

Tiles on lower levels typically can be played as well as long as they're on the outside and don't have any tiles covering them. But I don't know if vul is running it that way.
    Shadami wrote: »
    In mahjong the outside tiles that are not covered by any other pieces are eligible to be played. (Has been playing wah to much mahjong lately...)

Tiles on lower levels typically can be played as well as long as they're on the outside and don't have any tiles covering them. But I don't know if vul is running it that way.

I'm running it that way. The videos on top of the page tell that as well. :)
    Banner.png
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'll go first then.

Good call.

I thought so too because it's mahjong, but I guess not. :D But this isn't the game I'm playing, so IDK

Well I'm so confised now and I was so happy I finally understood one of these challenges lol.

So Vul, which tiles can I match? Only those in A and J?
    JgEixTl.png
    I believe the non blacked out tiles are the playable ones here Kitty. (i put a black 50 pct opacity layer over the ones that can't be played)
    Shadami wrote: »
    JgEixTl.png
    I believe the non blacked out tiles are the playable ones here Kitty. (i put a black 50 pct opacity layer over the ones that can't be played)

Thanks for the help, I'm still confused though.

Can I match I2 and J4 please?
    All the lighter tile ones in the middle are on a layer above the darker ones on the outside. It's like a pyramid. so the ones in the middle are on the outside on their layer. Does that help?
    edited February 2019
    Double post
    Banner.png
    edited February 2019
    Which tiles are playable?

A3-A6
    B1, B2, B7, B8
    C2-C7
    H2-H7
    I1, I2, I7, I8
    J3-J6

Tiles are only free when there is an empty spot left or right to them, eventual tiles on top or bottom are irrelevant.

I2-J4 is a proper match. The Clue tile on I4 is now free.

1 I2-J4 - Hannes & Meredith
    2 ?-?
    3 ?-?
    4 ?-?
    5 ?-?
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
    Okay, @Tigerblu11, any thoughts since we're paired up?
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Mahjong%2BField%2BMove%2B1.png

A small reference picture after Kitty's match.

Playing Order:

Kitty
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

Choco
    Lilli & Tiger
    Ninja
    Yannik
    Banner.png
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Okay, @Tigerblu11, any thoughts since we're paired up?

I believe I understand now a bit better on how to play, but not sure what we should match next, hmm...
    Which tiles are playable?

Tiles are only free when there is an empty spot left or right to them, eventual tiles on top or bottom are irrelevant.

This I was always confused about xD because sometimes I swear it does let you play them even if it's just the top clear. So good thing to see it said like that. My game I play highlights the pieces so I know which ones are playable and which aren't. Not the pairs just the pieces.
    I think I'm playing this by myself. :joy:
    I'm waiting for my partner to say something beyond "hmm" myself. Because story-wise, I think Wendi and Pearl would jump at the first chance to switch they got, but IRL I'm quite enjoying playing with Tiger... decisions, decisions...
    Jacob_Banner.png
    I think I'm playing this by myself. :joy:

Yeah, this game is going far too slow.. We have to stay active with those moves, or else we'll still be doing this by the summer :joy:
    Banner.png